Chapter 001

To Live Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter one

Seungho’s POV

***** ONE YEAR LATER *****

Seungho looked around making sure the coast was clear, as he took a step back and jumped grabbing a hold of a branch that was low enough for him to grab. Hoisting himself up, he grunted as he lifted himself onto the branch, using the others to climb his way to the higher and stronger branches.  Once he reached the once he wanted, used the rope he had in his bag to wrapped his legs to keep himself from falling off in his sleep. Once he was finished, he dug into his bag again to take out the large can of ravioli that he found earlier that day, and pulled the tab opening it. Taking out his spoon, he dug in filling his very empty belly.

Once he was finished, he tossed the can away carelessly, and settled in for the night. His dreams filled with smiling faces, and screams of agony.

***** The next day *****

The morning came, and Seungho woke with a jolt; his reoccurring nightmare leaving him in a state of panic, and sweat. Taking a look around, he looked down as he untied his legs allowing them to hang off the branches as he was up high enough to not be grabbed. Opening his bag, he took out a small can of fruit cocktail, and stuffed it in his front hoodie pocket, before he stuffed the rope back into his bag, and made his way down the tree he was in.

Raising his hands above his head, he stretched lazily not really feeling like walking around, but knew he had to find a new hide out as his old one ran out of supplies for him; maybe raid some houses on the way to find more food. Bending over to stretch his back, he grimaced when his back popped in three places, but was happy that it did as he wasn’t so stiff anymore. Throwing the strap of his gun over his shoulder, he began walking looking for another hideaway as he casual hummed to himself. As he walked he made sure his small hand gun was loaded, and the safety was off so if he needed to shot his way out of a pickle he would be able to.

Spotting some homes on his way, he approached them quietly, with caution went inside, and looked in everything that had a door to make sure he was nothing inside of them that will make his life harder than it already was. Going through the kitchen, he smiled when he saw a half-full cabinet with food inside; taking his back pack off, he cleaned it out completely turned away from it leaving it open as there really was no point in closing it anyway. Going through the house again, he continued to look for anything that he could use while he was out and about.

Happy with his find, Seungho dug into his hoodie taking out the can of cocktail inside, and popping off the lid as he ate it straight out of the can with no fork. Using the back of his sleeve to wipe off the syrup from his cheeks as he munched happily on his fruit; he was nearly finished with the can when a car pulled up beside him. Pausing with the can up to his lips; Seungho turned towards the car, watching as the window rolled down revealing a man and women.

“Hey… Do you have a place to stay? You are welcomed at our hide away, if you have no place to go.” The man in the driver seat said. Seungho tilted his head slightly, as he heard the man’s words; taking a deep breath he finished the can of fruit, tossing the can away like usual, and then began walking again. Continuing his search to find a plac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter