Prologue Part One

To Live Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part One

Seungho’s POV

“Hyung… When are mom and dad going to get here?” Seungho turned to look at his younger brother with amused eyes. He has always been a worry wart, and it never failed amuse Seungho, when he or his parents were even a few minutes late, he would automatically become worried and start to want to know where they were and the precise time they would be returning back.

“Seunghoon ah… don’t worry about it; I am sure mom and dad will be back soon.” Seungho said amusement laced in his voice. His brother nodded and sat down next to him, leaning his head on the latter’s shoulder gently. Seungho smiled as he ruffled the younger’s hair, before flicking on the T.V and switching the channel to see what was on.

Whilst flicking on through the channels, he paused on the news as something caught his eye. Turning up the volume, he leaned forward watching what looked like downtown Seoul, squinting his eyes he watched the footage being shown of what seemed like an outstrip shopping center. His eyes widened as he watch what he thought to be a man lunge for a young women that looked to be in her early twenties. Seungho watched as the man ripped into the poor women’s throat viciously. The sound of her screams made Seunghoon eyes open wide in shock and fear; Seungho heard the sound of his younger brother whimpering, and immediately turned towards him blocking the view of the T.V so his brother could not see it.

“Hyung… Umma and appa..? Is that why they are late?” Seungho was unable to answer as he was thinking the same thing, but he didn’t want to give up hope that their parents were on their way. Patting his frightened brother’s back, he turned back to the television frowning; wondering if that was really going on, or it is just a hoax, and if it was the person doing it was one sick bastard. However, if it wasn’t, then they were in a whole lot of trouble. Pulling away from his brother, he cupped the latter’s cheek and spoke softly towards him.

“Seunghoon ah, I am sure umma and appa are going to be just fine; maybe they are on their way, but have to make a few trips to the store for supplies and things we will need till the government can clean this up. So, let’s just wait patiently okay? They haven’t forgotten about us… but we need to do something’s even if they are coming okay? We need to block the door, and turn off all the light like the news people are saying; we have to make it safe here first before we can worry about anybody.” Seunghoon nodded in confirmation making Seungho smile gently at him.

Somehow Seungho just knew they would never see their parents again, but he just didn’t have the heart to tell his brother the truth, and maybe… even just a little he was hoping that he was wrong. Standing up from where they have been sitting, Seunghoon went to turn off all the lights, whilst Seungho headed straight for the door. Turning the locked, he turned towards the huge bookcase that held all the dictionaries and encyclopedias their mother made them use to brighten their knowledge on the world. As he was moving it Seunghoon rushed to him, giving him a hand with it; after setting it against the door, the two went back to the couch the news was still on, telling people to stay indoors, and to only go outside if you really needed to.

A few hours later, Seunghoon was already asleep laying in Seungho’s lap, while the latter was still watching the news. He still couldn’t get a grasp on what exactly was happening, all it kept playing was people attacking others, but that was it. It wasn’t till he changed the television to another channel that he actually saw the other half of the first video he watched. He watched as the police surrounded the man wanting him to go to the floor, but the man acted like he couldn’t hear him; instead he turned around, and began walking towards them.

Seungho watched intently as the man ignored the police’s demands and kept walking towards them, it wasn’t till the man raised his arms to grab one of them that they fired. Seungho watched the man go down, but it didn’t stay down; instead it stood right back up, and continued it was towards the police. Again they shot, and it wasn’t till one of them shot the man in the head that he no longer got up again. The police man surround the man to check and make sure it was dead, but Seungho was no longer looking at that; what he was looking at was the women that the man had bit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter