Are You Ready?

Pocky Game

Daesung was not standing by the front door, waiting for Seunghyun, backpack already strapped to his back.

 

He sighed. Yes he was. He'd been so excited last night that he could barely sleep, and he woke up half an hour early this morning.

 

 

 

Daesung looked at the clock and bit his lip. Seunghyun hadn't said what time he was picking Daesung up, only that he would. What if he didn't? What if it was all a joke? What if-?

 

 

 

A soft knock at the front door startled him. Cracking the door, Daesung found Seunghyun smiling down at him.

 

“Are you ready?” he asked softly.

 

Daesung nodded, and moved outside, locking up behind him. When he turned around, Seunghyun cupped his face and planted a soft kiss on Daesung's forehead.

 

“Good morning,” Seunghyun smiled.

 

“Morning,” Daesung mumbled, taking Seunghyun's hand and burning bright red.

 

 

 

 

 

“Where's your motorcycle?” Daesung asked.

 

“Too chilly. Can't have my Daebaby getting cold,” Seunghyun smiled as he held the door open.

 

Daesung's cheeks positively burned.

 

“You're so cute when you blush,” Seunghyun said when he got in.

 

Daesung only blushed harder.

 

 

 

 

 

At school, all eyes were on them as they got out of Seunghyun's car. Some were full of curiosity, some with envy, even anger. Daesung's smile faded and his eyes shifted to his feet.

 

Seunghyun linked their fingers together. “Is this okay?”

 

Daesung could only nod, blushing again.

 

Seunghyun smiled and lifted Daesung's hand to kiss the palm.

 

 

 

 

“Aw, if it isn't the happy couple?” Jiyong teased as he and Youngbae approached Daesung's locker.

 

“Be nice,” Seunghyun scolded.

 

“Hyung!” came a new voice.

 

 

 

 

Daesung smiled at his best friend. “Hey, Ri.”

 

“So are you guys together now?”

 

“Yes we are,” Seunghyun smirked, wrapping an arm around Daesung's waist.

 

Daesung smiled shyly, then noticed the smug look on Seungri's face. “Don't you dare say it,” he warned.

 

Seungri tried to pout, but the smirk broke through. “What?”

 

“Oh come off it! It's all over your face!”

 

“The fact that you see it means I don't have to bother saying it.”

 

“What?” Youngbae asked.

 

“He told me last night that Seunghyun likes me and now he's dying to say I told you so.” Daesung grumbled.

 

Jiyong snorted, but the bell rang before he could say anything.

 

 

 

 

The weather had warmed up by lunch, so Daesung and Seungri opted to have lunch on the patio. They were soon joined by Jiyong, Youngbae, and Seunghyun, who decided Daesung should sit in his lap.

 

“Maybe now he'll actually shut up about you,” Jiyong said to Daesung.

 

Daesung raised his eyebrows and looked at Seunghyun, who blushed.

 

 

 

“Doubt it,” Youngbae replied. “Seunghyun is way too enamored.”

 

“But I've heard enough about Daesung's hair and his pretty smile!” Jiyong whined.

 

Daesung blushed yet again and turned to bury his face in Seunghyun's neck.

 

Seunghyun grinned widely, wrapping his arms tightly around Daesung. “Now you get to hear about his soft kisses, how good he feels in my arms...”

 

Daesung whimpered and Seunghyun sighed contentedly.

 

Jiyong made vomiting noises.

 

 

 

 

Luckily the bell rang and Daesung was spared from further teasing. Before he could head inside, a warm hand gripped his.

 

“No kiss?”

 

Daesung blushed. “Not in front of everyone!”

 

Seunghyun pouted. “Please?”

 

Daesung smiled. “Maybe later, if you're good.” He bit his lip, leaving a gaping Seunghyun after him. Daesung was rather proud that he was able to pull that move off without following it up with something stupid, like tripping over his own feet or running into the door.

 

 

 

And the look he left on Seunghyun's face was brilliant.

 

 

 

Daesung smiled throughout the rest of his classes.

 

 

 

 

 

The end of the day found Daesung waiting in the library for Seunghyun. He'd gotten the idea after lunch, and asked Youngbae to tell Seunghyun to meet him here because somehow they hadn't gotten around to exchanging cell numbers.

 

 

 

He turned when he heard the door open, a smile blooming on his face when Seunghyun strode over to him. Seunghyun's dimples were showing, which made Daesung's heart trip over itself.

 

“Ready to go?” Seunghyun asked.

 

Daesung scrunched his nose, forcing Seunghyun to lean forward and give it a little peck. “I'm riding with Seungri.”

 

Seunghyun pouted.

 

Daesung rolled his eyes. “He's my best friend! I'm not going to blow him off just because you're the hottest guy on the planet.”

 

“You think I'm hot?” Seunghyun asked shyly.

 

Daesung laughed. “Yes, pabo. You can pick me up in the mornings, and Seungri will take me home in the afternoons.”

 

“But I want to be with you now,” Seunghyun whined.

 

Daesung offered a shy smile of his own. “I'll make it up to you,” he murmured.

 

“How?” Seunghyun demanded.

 

 

Taking a deep breath, Daesung cupped Seunghyun's cheek and kissed him. Much like their first kiss, surprise assisted in the sliding of tongues. Seunghyun groaned and pulled Daesung close. Daesung sighed softly before pulling back. Seunghyun tried to follow, but Daesung held him off, offering a wink before leaving his boyfriend behind. Another victory, he mused, completely missing the stunned look on his boyfriend's face, that soon transformed into a pleased smile.

 

 



A/N: I really wanted to write this chapter, but I'm worried about how it turned off because I wrote the first one off the cuff and I really thought this one out. Hope it stays true to the first one!