I've Never Played Before

Pocky Game

Daesung was blushing. He was blushing, and even trembling a little bit. He didn’t know why he let Seungri drag him to this party. Just because Seungri’s stupid crush Jiyong invited him, that meant Daesung had to tag along- whether he wanted to or not. Now he was standing in the kitchen, about to play the Pocky Game, with none other than Choi Seunghyun.

 

 

 

Choi Seunghyun was on legs. There was no other way to describe him. Everyone had a hard on for him- girls and guys. The only ones who seemed immune to his charms were his best friends Jiyong and Youngbae, and Seungri, who only had eyes for Jiyong. Seunghyun smirked at him, waiting.

 

“You’re not afraid, are you Dae Dae?” Jiyong asked, in a mocking tone.

 

“No, I’m not,” Daesung replied, though his voice wavered. Just a little.

 

“Be nice,”Seunghyun rumbled, and Jiyong stuck out his tongue. Daesung blushed.

 

Seungri handed over a Pocky stick. “I’m right here,” he whispered. “Just enjoy it.”

 

Daesung blushed again.

 

“Um, I’ve never played before.”

 

Seunghyun smiled widely, and plucked the Pocky from Daesung’s fingers. “You know the basic rules, though. Right?”

 

Daesung could only nod.

 

Seunghyun smiled again, and put one end of the sweet treat in between his lips. He bent towards Daesung, who took a deep breath and leaned up to take the other end into his mouth. Both of them worked slowly towards each other, Seunghyun never taking his eyes off Daesung.

 

For his part, Daesung didn’t want to be the first to pull off, so as Seunghyun began to move closer, Daesung began to panic.

 

Luckily, Seunghyun took matters into his own hands- specifically, Daesung’s face- and pressed their lips together. Daesung’s surprise allowed Seunghyun to slip his tongue inside Daesung’s mouth, and explore every crevice, pulling Daesung closer. They were cheered and cat-called and Daseung’s cheeks burned. Seunghyun wasn’t blushing when they pulled apart, but he definitely wore a wide, pleased smile. “That was nice,” Seunghyun murmured.

 

Daesung didn’t trust his voice, so he just nodded.

 

“I told you it would work,” Jiyong sing-songed.

 

“What?” Daesung asked. “What would work?

 

“Getting you to kiss Seunghyun,” Jiyong replied smugly. “I said that all we had to do was invite Seungri and have you play the Pocky Game with Seunghyun.”

 

 

 

Daesung blinked, and turned to Seungri.

 

“Dae, it's not what you think,” Seungri pleaded, recognizing the look on his friend's face.

 

“I have to go,” Daesung said, pulling away from his friend. He pushed through the crowd, grabbing his shoes and hobbling out the door.

 

 

 

He walked the streets, not entirely sure where he was, but figured if he just kept walking he'd make it out of this little neighborhood and somewhere familiar.

 

He hoped.

 

He couldn't believe the course the night had taken. He had gotten to kiss THE Choi Seunghyun, only to find out it was some miserable prank cooked up by Jiyong, that . What a jerk. He wiped his nose and shivered. When did it get so cold?

 

 

A car screeching up to him pulled Daesung out of his thoughts as he whirled around, startled.

 

“Hyung!” Seungri cried.

 

Daesung frowned and turned back to his original direction.

 

“Hyung, wait, stop!” Seungri ran in front of him, putting his hands on his shoulders, stopping him.

 

“Go away,” Daesung mumbled.

 

“Hyung, listen. Seunghyun likes you.”

 

Daesung's head snapped up. “What?” he snarled.

 

“Dae, I swear, it's the truth.”

 

“Then why can't he approach me himself? Doesn't want other people to see us together?”

 

“He's shy!” Seungri hollered.

 

Daesung just scoffed.

 

 

 

“Dae,” Seungri said softly, solemnly. “Have I ever lied to you? Ever?”

 

Daesung sighed.

 

“Have I ever deliberately hurt you?” Seungri looked sad.

 

“No,” Daesung answered.

 

“And I'm not now,” Seungri said firmly. “Seunghyun really honestly likes you. You just make him really nervous so he can't approach you. Any time you've ever seen him walk past you it's because he's been wanting to speak to you but he chickens out. Jiyong figured this would be a good way to break the ice.”

 

“Jiyong's an idiot,” Daesung grumbled.

 

 

A rumble made its way towards them, and Seunghyun parked his motorcycle behind Seungri's car.

 

“This is the real thing, hyung,” Seungri whispered. “Promise.”

 

Daesung bit his lip and nodded. He made his way slowly to where Seunghyun sat on his bike, looking at his hands. “Hi.”

 

Seunghyun looked up and smiled shyly. “Hi.”

 

“I'm sorry about earlier-” Daesung began, but Seunghyun cut him off.

 

“No, it's fine. It's my fault. Contrary to popular belief, Jiyong does not always have the best ideas.”

 

Daesung huffed. “I just... didn't think it was real. That you liked me... and stuff.”

 

Seunghyun blushed. “How could I not?”

 

It was Daesung's turn to blush. “Can I get a ride home?”

 

Seunghyun smiled widely, dimples flashing. “Definitely.”

 

 

 

Not only did Seunghyun take Daesung home, but he walked the shy brunette to the door.

 

Thanks for the ride,” Daesung said softly.

 

Anytime,” Seunghyun responded, offering another shy smile of his own.

 

Daesung blushed, and turned to head in before Seunghyun caught his wrist, softly murmuring his name. When Daesung turned back, Seunghyun cupped his face and kissed him yet again- softly, chastely. Daesung wrapped his arms around Seunghyun's waist, and let out a soft sigh.

 

I'll pick you up for school tomorrow,” Seunghyun whispered.

 

Daesung's heart fluttered. “Okay,” he whispered. He gave Seunghyun one last kiss before heading inside. Hand on the doorknob, Daesung turned and offered one final wave.