Chapter 4: A pair of white wings for a silver angel

In My Arms

In that moment, with the sword in my hand, I attacked my father; I jumped straight into battle. We fought, continuously and then when he realized I was quite good with my sword he stopped and started talking.

“Is this all you can? This is pathetic.  You can’t possibly think you can defeat me with this. Come at me with all you have! This is weak. You can’t defeat me with this!” and with a grin on his face he attacked me again, but even if I already gave my all he just grew stronger.

Each blow would just make him stronger. What is the power he has? I don’t understand; what in the world is he? Why doesn’t he even get hurt?

“Just what in the world is this? How is this possible?! Explain yourself father! I can’t accept this! Why won’t you get hurt no matter how much I hit you?”

“You fool! Of course, you can’t beat me!  I told you – I am pure darkness; I feed with war and hatred. The more you hate me the stronger I get…” What?! How am I supposed to defeat him now? I hate him! I can’t love him after what he has done; I must find a way, there has to be a way.

“Father, stop this madness! Just let us be; end this Hell and let me go!”

“Defeat me and show me you deserve that privilege!”

“Why? Why won’t you accept me? Why can’t you admit you also had feelings? Why do you feel the need to be the bad guy?!”

“Because I am the bad guy! I already told you, I have no feelings, I can’t love – I never did…” he stopped there, that was a strange pause…

“Father, you’re lying!” this was the moment I knew he realized his weakness.

Suddenly Jongin moved. He gained consciousness and somehow tried and came beside me.

“Soo, please, stop this. You don’t have to do this; I don’t deserve your love. I ruined your family, I am a sinner, I deserve to die…” he looked like he was about to cry, barely standing on his feet, with his hand scarcely holding mine, in front of me, he looked so pitiful and sad. 

“Jongin, I told you already, you are no sinner, please, let me go now, I will end this; I will save you, I can’t let you die here, you must return home. Even if we can’t be together in this life, you can heal; once you go home, your Father will understand, he is forgiving, you did you sentence, you will be saved.” with that said I pushed him in aside and in that second my world was over –

“If you want so much to die, I will end you!” father jumped with his sword straight ahead; he aimed for Jongin, he aimed for my angel. I can’t let this happen!

“No! Jongin!” I jumped in front of him. I protected him, but – I lost myself…

Father’ sword pierced me – I was stabbed; a cold sensation suddenly hit me, my left side felt numb, there was blood flowing from it. My father had pierced me, with his own sword; he stabbed me. His face suddenly darkened, Jongin was safe; tossed aside a bit, but he was there still breathing. My father came closer as soon as he realized what he did; grabbing me fast before I could fall to the ground. He put me in his arms and with a saddened look on his face, he said,

“No, what have I done? Son, please, don’t die – stay with father! Don’t leave me alone in this darkness!” he started crying, he was crying his heart out; for me, he cried.

“Father, I told you, you have feelings; you are not a bad person – you separated me from my love, but you loved me…” I wanted to see Jongin, to make sure he is safe, that father won’t hurt him anymore, but he just looked at me from afar, he just looked at me and wanted to cry, he managed to get up a bit, but it was in vain, he could barely stand. Father saw me gazing at Jongin, he then grabbed my hand, and still crying he leaned closer and said,

“All I wanted was for you to be safe – I wanted to protect you. And as for the angel, I knew about him, the moment I saw him, I knew it was him; he watched over you, he protected you…” father was in pain, Jongin was crying for me too now, they were looking at me like I was really about to die; maybe this is what I deserved.

“Then why?  Why did you – why did you do such a thing?”  Still trying to find a reason, I tried to move and escape my father’s arms and go to Jongin, but it was useless; my lower body won’t move. Father saw me struggling and said again,

“I can’t lose you, you’re my only happiness in this world; your mother left me, my light died and you were what she left me, she left me with you – my little spark of happiness…” he’s hurt; he wasn’t bad, all he wanted was for me to stay with him, he wanted me at his side, Father loved me…

Jongin struggled to get up again; hurt and in pain, he managed to crawl beside me. He was crying and looking at my father he just tried to take me into his arms; Father let him, placing me on his lap.

Jongin slowly touched my cheek and still crying he kissed me again; he lowered down for a kiss. His tears fell on my scared face; they were warm, like the sunlight, his lips still cut, but they were soft like a feather. And in that moment, a sharp pain suddenly started to occur – my heartbeats are slowing down; I have to say goodbye, I have no more time…

I broke the kiss and he placed his forehead on mine, his blonde hair mixed with mine, his tears were still flowing; he was trembling.

“Jongin, please forgive me. I did this to you, but I saved you, father will let you go now…” he raised his head and let me continue,

“Even if I die now, remember me, I will love you even in my death, even if I die and I don’t know where I’m going to end up; I am a demon so my soul belongs in Hell…”  then father spoke clearing my confusion,

“Kyungsoo, you won’t go to the Prison of lost souls; you must think about that right now, but you won’t go there…” Thank God, I wasn’t going to be abandoned in that pit forever.

“You will go in Heaven, Soo…” I will go where?!

Hearing this, Jongin froze and in that moment he grabbed my hand with all the strength he had and with a faint smile on his face he said,

“You’re lying! This can’t be…” he stopped there and looked at my father. Father just looked the other way. Jongin then suddenly spoke again,

“You –you lied to him all this time; he was never, he was never a demon…” He just said what?! He must be really injured; but this wasn’t the time for talking. My pain intensified, I hurting like I  something I never felt before, I could barely hold my eyes open; but Jongin just kept it going, he was in the same condition, barely standing, hurt and in pain, but he just kept going…

“The light I saw that day was never one of a demon; he was an angel all along! You wicked creature! You kept an angel in Hell!” after voicing this out my father looked at me with sad eyes again, he was about to cry once more, but he stopped and said,

“He was – he is indeed, an angel…” my father just confirmed it; I could not believe my ears. I was an angel all along. I needed to know, how is that possible?

“Father…” I was now coughing blood; this is bad. I must finish this fast; I can’t keep this up anymore,

“Father, my mother, she wasn’t human… was she? She was an angel, just like, just like Kai…” he looked at me with a pained expression and just nodded his head only to come closer again, only so he could hold my hand and start crying as he said his last words to me,

“She was my light, she was my sin. I fell in love with her the moment I saw her; just like you love Kai, that’s how much I loved your mother, but she, she loved me, and we made you. Then they found out and wanted to kill you, she protected you I was useless and I couldn’t even protect you properly, I ran away with you thinking I should save you. You were going to rule this Hell and make it a better place, but I took away that chance…” he started crying harder and harder, his eyes filled with tears, streaming down his face.

Immediately he let go of my hand, came closer to me, and as he kissed my forehead, his tear fell on my cheek, but it was cold; cold like ice. He then smiled with teary eyes, got up and looking at me for the last time, turned around, he sat on his horse and rode away.

Kai put me on the ground and looking at me with a hopeless stare just said,

“You are my angel, my little broken angel…” he brushed his hand through my hair, only to fall next to me placing his head on my chest and with a final sob said slowly,

 “I love you. Thank you for loving me, even if you never knew, even if you have not sinned, nor did I, we both paid for our love. So don’t cry, Soo, I will always love you.”  A tear fell from my eyes, my heartbeat was slowing down fast, and with my last breath, I said my goodbye.

“My little glim of light, you got hurt because of me, but it’s okay now, so just, just hold me…” he slowly placed his hand on mine and let out tears to flow on my chest.

“There’s something I want to say, before I go, there’s something, I want to say…” Jongin raised his head, and looking at me with a ‘you’re not going to say goodbye’ look on his face he wiped his tears and let me finish,

”Everything I’ve done; you know now. For you, I was ready to kill my father, for you I jumped in front of death, I want to say this, for one last time, Jongin, I love you and I always will.”

And with my last strength, I touched his head and brushed my hand through his hair, I smiled for one last time; and then I just closed my eyes, and everything went fell into darkness.

 ✽ ✾ ✽

 

Jongin then cried for help, he screamed the best he could, but no one could hear; he was all alone –Do Kyungsoo died, and saved him, he gave his life for him. Jongin placed his head back on Kyungsoo’s chest and while he kept crying he suddenly felt like something moved.

His tears stopped and a bright light suddenly shined. Underneath Kyungsoo, little sparkles of light appeared. Jongin stepped back a bit to see what was happening and then he saw the miracle – From Kyungsoo’s back, a pair of silver wings appeared, they shattered on the ground and disappeared in the darkness; Kyungsoo finally died. However, before the wings disappeared, his last spark of light healed Jongin.

Jongin now completely healed, with no bruise on his body, his white clothes were without a trace of blood, and everything was pure and white as it was in the beginning. He then saw himself, he got up, took Kyungsoo in his arms and then a pair of white wings appeared and with his eyes teary he flew away in the sky.

 

 


A/n: And that’s it … You didn't expect that turn, did you? Sorry if I offended anyone's religion with this but I just couldn't let Lucifer to be a bad character.  I’m sorry for any mistakes that I might have made but I can’t read this again; Kyungsoo is my bias and what I have done to him, I can't really read it again. Anyway I hope you guys liked my story and sorry for causing your moral to go down ^^ Thank you for reading!