Stuck

Chaussure Rouge

“I can’t believe we are here,” Woohyun mumbled, feeling uncomfortable.

Truthfully, unlike the time they walked in for the first time, everyone was aware of what could happen after those doors; and it was only five in the afternoon.

Sungyeol looked around, the main reason he tagged along was his bartender, "It looks strangely normal,"

"It's a pub, of course it looks normal. The lights do all the work and the music," A girl commented walking closer. She inspected their faces before she chuckled, "You are that guy's friends, aren't you?"

Woohyun and Sungyeol looked at each other, wondering if Sunggyu was some kind of VIP at Chaussure Rouge.

"Is he seriously going to work here?" She added, the boys awing as they realized who the subject was.

"Ah, you mean Myungsoo. He may come, he is unemployed," Sungyeol responded, "I'm looking for a girl, Kim Dana,"

Her eyes widened and glanced at the bar before she turned to Sungyeol, "I'm sorry but we don’t-“

"Your boss told me her name. I'd like to meet her if she is here," He tried to stay polite but he was thrilled to meet her again.

Woohyun rolled his eyes, "Just point her out to him so I can leave,"

The girl in front of them seemed dead serious about keeping them away from the bartender; it was bugging Sungyeol how stubborn some women could be.

"She doesn't work tonight. But if you want to meet her so badly you can go over to her real work place,"

 

Sungyeol was expecting to get the address to another pub where Kim Dana was a full time bartender; it was a surprise when Woohyun parked the car in front of Seoul General Hospital.

The two gawked at the building in amazement.

"I have to recognize I wasn't expecting her to work in this environment," Woohyun mumbled as they made their way to the front desk.

Sungyeol smiled, "Is Kim Dana here?"

The nurse from the desk nodded and pointed behind them, towards the elevator. When they turned around, none expected to see a woman in her mid twenties dressed in pink.

"Excuse me but what exactly does she do? Is she a nurse?" Woohyun turned around and asked the nurse curiously.

"I'm not a nurse," Her voice sent a chill down Sungyeol's back; "I actually work with children. Delivering children," She smiled, her eyes catching Sungyeol's awestruck expression.

"Sora gave us your name and everything went crazy from that moment on. Sorry if we are intruding," Woohyun apologized but Sungyeol was dumbstruck.

"She did, huh? Did you bribe her?" She asked bemusedly, placing her chart on the desk for the nurses to take.

"Is there even a way to convince her without being a smartass?" Sungyeol asked jokingly but Dana nodded.

"Of course. Don't you know? She's been in love with your friend ever since high school,"

The boys looked at each other, startled, "What? Kim Sunggyu?"

Dana nodded and chuckled, feeling like she should have some fun if Sora gave her workplace away so easily, "Yes. But she won't admit it for the rest of her life,"

"Why not?"

Dana wondered if she should tell them but in the end it couldn't get any worse, "He went off with her best friend,"

 

 

"Why are you following me?" A very bemused Choi Minho asked Kim Sunggyu.

"Oh? I thought you will go home," Sunggyu stated once he saw Minho was actually going to his father's company, "I have to talk to you about something serious," He answered, his voice lowering when they entered the taxi.

Minho chuckled and told the driver the address before leaning back, "About my sister? What have you done to her anyway? She was really mad yesterday,"

"She actually slapped me,"

Minho's eyes widened and he giggled, "Slapped?"

Sunggyu nodded and sighed, "Actually, she punched me in the gut," He muttered, rubbing his chin at the memory.

"What did you do?" Minho asked through laughter, "Did you kiss her or something?"

Sunggyu nodded, his eyes widening a bit, completely amazed that Minho figured it out so fast, "I did kiss her,"

Minho couldn't contain it anymore and he laughed loudly, drawing the driver's attention.

Sunggyu wasn't finding it funny at all mostly because it still hurt, "I just wanted to express my thoughts," He mumbled, rubbing his cheek at the memory.

Minho sighed and leaned back, "That was a bad way. She gets very touchy when the subject is you,"

Sunggyu rubbed his forehead and leaned forward, "But that happened such a long time ago! And it wasn't a date!"

Minho raised an eyebrow, "You blew her off just like that," He said while flipping his finger, "And you knew she had a stupid crush on you. You, out of all those handsome other guys,"

Sunggyu scoffed, his modesty long gone after he entered the music industry. He had to raise his values and expectations but as he grew, Sora did too and she became the woman closest to his ideal type.

"She is stubborn and gets annoyed quickly. I thought a kiss would shut her up," He whined.

"It did but it also got you a hit. You are not approaching her in the right way," Minho regretted those words as soon as he said them.

Luckily, the taxi arrived at its destination and Minho paid before getting out. Sunggyu's eyes glistened and followed Minho out, up to the front door, "How to do that?"

The tall architect student winked before he left it up to Sunggyu's creativity.

 

“So, what happened exactly between Sunggyu and Sora?”

Woohyun was far more curious than Sungyeol, who was standing aside, watching Dana as an owl. His eyes were wide and sparkly, like a dog who found his owner after years of being apart; of course, maybe Woohyun was exaggerating with that comparison but it was rather accurate.

“Sora and Sunggyu met in high school. From what I know, she was taking classical music while Sunggyu was more interested in becoming a singer. Sora’s interests have always been questionable at times as well as her behavior and ideas. She is a vague character and you should tell that to your friend. She’s not an easy woman and it’s hard to read her emotions.”

Woohyun hummed and leaned forward, “Interesting. So what happened? What about the best friend?”

Dana glanced at Sungyeol before continuing, “She was never good at keeping her crushes under control; not then and definitely not now. She gets a bit beastly when she’s around the guy she likes. I do wonder if it was the same back then but the thing is, she was crazy after him,”

“Why?” Both Woohyun and Sungyeol asked with the same offended expression, “Sunggyu speaks a lot and not wisely; he’s selfish most of the time and his whole life is a cycle where everything he does has to have him as the front man. He’s not exactly your typical dream guy,” Sungyeol continued, changing his seat to the one next to Dana.

“I’m not sure since I don’t know the guy well. But I know that she was crushing on him hard and she did everything to tag around him and eventually became part of his friendship zone,”

Woohyun scoffed, “He friend zoned her? And then went out with her best friend?”

Dana nodded, a bit surprised and impressed that people who had no connection to Sora suddenly became part of her side, leaving their guilty friend on his own. It was quite interesting for her mostly because she could actually find out more about her boss’s personal life.

“Anyway,” She started, getting up when she noticed one of the nurses waiting impatiently by the door, “I have a job to do and I’m sure you can find even more information from your friend. It was nice meeting you again,” She smiled softly at Woohyun before turning to Sungyeol, “Should I expect you soon?”

Sungyeol blinked, taken aback by her boldness, “In-In C-Chaussure Rouge?”He stuttered.

Dana raised an eyebrow and tried her best to contain her laughter, “No. Here,”

She left after that cocky answer; she left Woohyun with a lot of curiosities and Sungyeol blushing with nothing but her words ringing in his ears. Kim Dana was actually approving of having him visit from time to time; that was his achievement.