A Night Like This

Chaussure Rouge

"Come on! You should be super excited!" One thin guy screamed at his friend.

He and 6 other guys were dragging and pushing one unfortunate victim towards the well known bar. It was a dark night with no moon on the sky. As creepy as it sounded, it was a good night to have fun. The darkness was hiding the scenery and it was giving off a mysterious feeling.

"Guys! I'm getting married this week!" Woohyun wasn't exactly happy to be droven to a secret place while being blinfolded.

"Just trust us, hyung. You will definitely love it" Woohyun wasn't so sure.

He let himself be taken to some place in between districts. He knew it wasn't a good place from the noise around him. It was loud. Too loud. Once he entered, he got hit by feminine perfume.

"Is this a striptease club?" Hoya chuckled and took off the blinfold.

"Even better. It's Chaussure Rouge" Woohyun was amazed by everything around him.

The lights, the stage, the music and moreover, the few people. On the way to their table, Woohyun surveyed the place. Nothing seemed suspicious and the waitresses were quite dressed for a place like that. His eyes moved towards the stage and he couldn't see anything remotely erted. It didn't even have a pole. It was only one woman and her band. She was singing blues from what he remarked. It was nice and inviting.

"This isn't bad at all" Sunggyu scoffed.

"Did you really think we would take you to a bad place?" Woohyun nodded without remorse. Sunggyu gasped in fake surprise and wrapped a hand around his friend.

"This place is magical. Don't get too carried away. It has the power to corrupt people" Woohyun frowned.

Truthfully, Sunggyu knew the place but the rest were there for the first time. The thing was, he knew exactly why that place was so dangerously amazing. It had a certain charm to it and many people got entangled into it.

 

As soon as they took a seat, the lights turned off and the stage enlightened in bright red and blue. The curtains uncovered four girls dressed the same. They had those puffy feather caps on their heads and their dresses weren't covering much; just enough to trigger your imagination.

Their dance wasn't sultry. If anything, Dongwoo and Hoya were slowly getting entranced by their moves. The girls were dancing burlesque and they were pretty good at it. Their facial expressions were cute and joyful. It was a pleasure to watch them.

"How come I didn't know about this place?" Myungsoo was curious. He heard about Chaussure Rouge but he thought it was a bar in France since the name was french.

"You did. I told you about it. We were together when I first found it" Myungsoo frowned. Sunggyu rolled his eyes and turned to Woohyun. "So? What do you say?" He moved his eyebrows up and down and was ready to say more when he noticed someone at the bar.

"It's not half bad. I'm surprised, actually" His eyes were moving everywhere. With every detail seen, he was getting happier to be there.

"Good. Now, I'll go get the drinks. Help me Sungyeol" The boy narrowed his eyes at his hyung.

"I like staying here and watching the show, thank you very much" Sunggyu glared at his friend and grabbed his hand. "Bastard" The young guy mumbled under his breath.

"I heard that" Sungyeol scoffed. He couldn't care less.

Woohyun turned to his friends and smiled. The sight was funny. Dongwoo and Hoya were focused on watching the show while Myungsoo was looking at the waitresses. Sungjong was blushing faintly but his eyes were wandering everywhere.

"I wonder how did Sunggyu get here. He's been pretty busy lately" He was curious. Besides, his future to be wife didn't know where exactly his bachelor party was going to be.

"He's been sneaking out on the weekends. He became good at it. Too good" Woohyun raised an eyebrow bemusedly.

"And how come you didn't follow his example?" Myungsoo smirked.

"Who said I didn't?" Woohyun laughed. It was fun so far. He just needed a drink and everything was perfect.

 

Once they got in front of the bar, Sungyeol blushed. The barista was a woman. No, she was a really pretty woman dressed in a featherly dress.

"Isn't hard to make drinks with that poking into your face?" The barista blinked in astonishment. She didn't expect someone to ask for a drink in that way.

"I'm sure you attract girls like a magnet with this pick-up line" Sungyeol blushed. He didn't think she was going to respond. She looked quite amused, too.

"I didn't- I mean, it wasn't a-" She chuckled.

"I know. And for your information, I can see perfectly. It doesn't get in the way of my job" He nodded and took a seat at the bar. He started to feel awkward. He didn't know how to continue the conversation or if he should do that in the first place. "This is your first time here" She stated. She could read it on his face.

"Is that so obvious?" She shook her head.

"No. But I haven't seen you around before. This is a select place" Sungyeol glanced around.

"I see that. It's not expensive but there are only a few people in" She nodded and smiled. She grabbed a glass and made a quick cocktail for him.

"This is a taboo place. People think it hides a ion business and that our boss is secretly a drug dealer and not only" Sungyeol felt his mouth suddenly become dry.

"Is she?" The barista stared at him before she pointed to his left.

"Why don't you ask your friend? He's talking to her right now" Sungyeol turned his head and saw Sunggyu talking to a pretty girl. She wasn't older than them, probably. She was dressed in a certain american rich style from the 60's.

"She's the boss?" The barista nodded and pushed the cocktail towards him.

"She is Chaussure Rouge" Sungyeol was both confused and intrigued.

 

Sora was surprised when someone suddenly grabbed her arm. She glanced over her shoulder and sighed.

 

"You came back" Sunggyu's face was hard to read. He was one of that kind of men who were thinking too much before saying something to a girl. Or in his case, thinking too little.

"I have a friend who will get married this weekend. This is his bachelor party" Sora raised an eyebrow bemusedly.

"Why not a striptease club?" Sunggyu chuckled and let her arm free.

"He is that kind of nice guy. I'm sure you must have met one or two" His tone was ironic. He was a little bastard and he knew it well.

"No, sorry. I only met small eyed foxes" Sunggyu chuckled. She was responding well. Maybe that was what he liked about her. She was more than what she seemed. She was a deceiveing woman in more than one ways. She lit up a cigarette and coughed when she took a smoke.

"You still at smoking" She glared at him in between coughs.

"Shut up" He stared at her closely. He was curious what she was hiding behind that mask. "What?" She hated people staring at her. That was why she preffered to watch from the shadows.

"You should trust me more" She was confused. He left with a smug smirk on his face. He liked to play with her head and he was doing a good job, in his point of view. For her, he was an annoying customer. Moreover, he knew her younger brother. That was even worse.

 

"Who was that?" Sungyeol asked as soon as Sunggyu walked over.

"Not your business" The younger guy scoffed.

"She's the boss, isn't she?" Sunggyu stared at his friend in annoyance. He didn't like the tone he used.

"Why does it sound like you're incriminating her?" Sunggyu's eyes moved quickly on the barista.

"What? I was only joking with him" Sungyeol watched the two interract.

"You know each other?" The barista was ready to respond when Sunggyu interrupted.

"Just send the drinks to my usual table. Come on, Sungyeol" The younger man was still very confused.

 

They spent a few hours just talking and joking. The show was the perfect background. Woohyun even got a 'dedication' thanks to Sunggyu's connections. Sungyeol would often glance towards the bar. The girl was either enjoying the show either talking with customers. There was something about her that was bugging him.

"Hey, hyung. What's that door for?" Myungsoo eyed it for a while now and he saw men going in there with the waitresses.

"I don't know. Never entered" And he was really disappointed by that. No matter how much he tried, Sora would always stop him. He was only curious; only human.

"How can I get in there?" Sunggyu scoffed.

"Only people who pay enter that door. And believe me, you don't have the money for it" Maybe not but Myungsoo was sneaky.

"I'm going to the bathroom" Sungjong was ready to get up as well when he saw the glint in Myungsoo's eyes. "Alone" He added.

Sungjong pouted and sat down. He noticed a few girls whispering between them and glancing at him. Sungjong smiled innocently but he knew where that was going to lead him.

"You are so not as innocent as people think" Hoya's statment was the truth. Sungjong was a man, in the end.

"I saw the look you were giving to the right dancer with the red feathers, hyung. She's at the bar now. Why don't you show me how to do it?" He was trying to change the subject and let Hoya embarass himself before him.

Surprisingly, Hoya got on his feet and took a deep breath. Dongwoo chuckled and patted his friend encouragingly.

"Go sweep her off her feet. We'll be here rooting for you" The faces of the others were clearly saying otherwise.

With Myungsoo and Hoya gone, Dongwoo had no one to laugh at. Woohyun was texting his future wife and was still recovering after his 'dedication'.

"Excuse me" Dongwoo frowned. There was a girl talking to him. Moreover, one of the dancers. Her smile was cute and she looked really young. "Would you like to have a drink with me?" He gulped. Her gaze was so intense that he couldn't say no. He nodded slowly and got taken away by her.

"One lucky guy goes to have fun" Woohyun's opinion didn't really matter. Sungjong got up and went to the whispering ladies. They blushed once he got there. "I guess Sungjong really fits in" Woohyun turned his head but Sungyeol was nowhere in sight. It was only him and Sunggyu.

"Do you want to enter that back door?" Woohyun blinked.

"Why?" He trailed warily. Sunggyu wasn't going to do him a favor for nothing. "Why do I feel like you come here often?"

"Because I do" Well, at least he wasn't hiding that fact.

"Why?" Out of reflex, his eyes moved on Sora's smiling face. Her dimples were making her look so much more innocent than she was. "Oh. So it is a girl" Woohyun inspected the woman closesly. There was something devilish about her. "Did you tell her you like her?"

"Yes" Woohyun seemed surprised by that. "But she's not an easy woman. She's sly and manipulating" Woohyun's phone vibrated. While he read the text, Sunggyu left the table. When he raised his head, Woohyun realized he was all alone.

 

Two mischevious eyes were watching him from afar. He was an easy prey. He was a perfect prey for the night. Without his friends around, he was done for. He looked like a nice guy. She loved the nice guys. They were really easy to mess with and break.