Before it begins

Short Namsong

 

 

A very short fic when I lost my internet connection lol

I haven't finished the two other stories...but I will ...please don't be mad at me. 

 

 

--------

 

 

 

 




"I think Taehyun hates me", I told what was in my mind to Seunghoon-hyung. I was then a new YG trainee, and was put in a team that seemed to gather all the different personalities together. Well it was good that Seunghoon-hyung was in the team. I felt like he was the only one that I can get along with pretty well.

 

Seunghoon-hyung turned his face towards me while he had a straw in his mouth, drinking his juice. It was his morning routine. He looked surprise and amused at the same time. I could tell from the way he was smiling.

 

"Why do you think he hates you?", hyung simply asked me like it was nothing. Well, he could say that since he had been with Nam Taehyun for a year or two. Seunghoon-hyung was the kind of guy that could understand people, and he knew exactly what kind of person Taehyun was, or what was in his mind.

"He barely talks to me", I told him and he laughed.

"It's okay. He's like that. I'm sure he doesn't hate you. Just give him some time", he casually said it and walked to the fridge, looking for breakfast for him and the members. He was in charge of cooking, not really, most likely he was the only one who could cook. He grabbed a jar of strawberry jam and handed it to me. He was probably lazy to cook.

 

"Hyung, I'm serious here. He ignored me last night when I talked to him!", I whined. I know I was acting a bit like a child and bothering Seunghoon-hyung but the thing with Taehyun really bothered me. It was awkward between him and me and I wanted to fix it as soon as possible. "Come on, hyung, just tell me what I should do. I want him to be nice with me too", I said while Seunghoon-hyung still had his head in the fridge.
 

"Ahh, Mino-ah. I told you it's nothing. It is the way he is", he just pushed me to the dining table, which was the one in the living room, and place some fruits and bread on the table.
 

Seunghoon -hyung didn't help me at all. I was sulking when the Nam Taehyun came out of his room. He looked at me and nodded as a greeting then went straight to Seunghoon-hyung. That guy was a total . I spread the jam on a piece of bread and shoved it into my mouth. I hate the idea of us being in the same team. We would never get along, I was sure.


 


 

-----

 




Mino-hyung was a nice guy. He was nicer than I thought. I could still recall the feeling when I first saw him. He was like a soldier, tough and strong. His manly features were what I secretly admired. But he was too casual and I just need time to get used to his present.

He was close to everyone, even though he just came in. Everyone liked him, I liked him too. But why was it so hard for me to act casual around him? I feel uncomfortable when he was around, I don't know why. Maybe because I had never been around anyone like him before.

One morning, I overheard Mino-hyung and Seunghoon-hyung were talking about me. Mino-hyung thought I hated him. I didn't hate him, I just didn't know how to act around him. I was not a friendly guy like him.

I went out of my room, to the kitchen and found Mino-hyung sitting at the table. I wanted to greet him but I just gave him a nod. He certainly looked unhappy seeing me. Maybe he started to hate me because I was being cold. I sighed. Fine, hate me. It was not like I couldn't live if we hate each other.


 

 


-----

 

 


"I didn't know you can draw", Taehyun suddenly said it when I was quietly drawing something for my friend. He stood behind me. I was sitting on the sofa in the living room. I was surprise. It was the first time Taehyun talked to me first. I smiled and nodded, feeling a bit shy to reveal my drawing skills. Drawing had always been my hobby, and everyone told me I was good at it.

"Wow. You are good", his voice sounded sincere and I was happy to hear that. After months since I had been in the team, it was the first time Taehyun seemed to be interested in my present. I would be lying if I say I wasn't happy about it.

He sat next to me and we started talking about the artists we liked. It came out that he also liked arts. It was my first time seeing Taehyun talking passionately. I spent the time secretly admiring his skin. He had nice and smooth skin. His lips was shaped nicely too. And his signature eyebrows was cute, the way it moved when he talked, expressing his feeling.

He was cute.

And that was when Taehyun opened up a little bit more.


 

 


-----

 

 


Yang sajangnim started the WIN program, that we had to battle with team B. If we won, we would debut as a YG artist. We were all eager about it. We wanted to be singers, rappers, it was our dream. But I had to confess that I didn't like the idea of Mino-hyung being the leader of our team.

He changed. It was a good thing as a leader to be serious and hard working. But it was not the way I like him. Sometime he was too harsh and it hurt my feelings. I knew he was being honest but still, I want the old Mino-hyung back. The one that was cheerful, easy-going and funny. The one that we could act casual to. We fought a lot during that time. And I didn't like it at all.

Mino-hyung tripped and hurt his ankle. He couldn't perform with us on GD's stage. And the worst was he lost his position as a leader. I felt bad for him, we all did, especially Seungyoon-hyung who became the leader. But to be honest, I felt relieved that he was no longer the leader. I wanted him back, the old him. I was selfish, I admitted it.

He looked really sad. He didn't talk much. He just sat quietly, looking at us practicing our dance number. I tried to be as nice as I could to him. I wanted to cheer him up but it seemed useless. All he did was faintly smiled and he was always with Seungyoon-hyung to help him with each number.

It was so nice of Seunghoon-hyung that he choreographed their number considering Mino-hyung’s injury. He could be in and could show his talent. Thank you, Seunghoon-hyung, for making Mino-hyung smiled again when I couldn't.

And I cried a bit because I felt bad that I was happy he lost his position, and because I couldn't make him smile. Hyung, I'm sorry.


 

 


-----

 

 

Taehyun especially took care of me well when my ankle was injured. I didn't know why he was being nice to me but it felt good. I didn't notice it at first. Maybe because I was busy being depress. I cried a lot, but only when I was alone. I didn't want Seungyoon to feel bad about it. I would support him as best as I could.


I might be wrong, but I thought after I was no longer the leader, Taehyun was super nice to me. Before, when I was the leader, it was like we hated each other, again, and we fought a lot. I felt bad that time when he cried, he was scolded by Yang sajangnim when he couldn't sing perfectly. He was a good singer, but just not good enough for sajangnim. He told us he couldn't go up that high but still, we insisted to perform that song. We all forced him to do it. I'm sorry, Taehyun-ah. I should trust you and change the song.

"How is your ankle?", he asked when I was sitting in the living room, playing games on my phone. He was concern about my condition and I was grateful. Everyone went outside but Taehyun stayed at the dorm just to look after me.

"Much better", I smiled and he nodded. He sat on the floor and fixed the bandage for me. It was a bit messy since I did it myself and I was inexperience.

"Whoa! Taehyun, you don't have to do that", it was a surprise. It felt like he threw away his pride and doing things for me that was necessary. Taehyun shook his head and insisted to do it for me.

"I have nothing to do", he said without looking at me. It was a strangest but somehow predictable reason to hear from Nam Taehyun. The bandage was still messy, well, slightly better. It was clear that Taehyun also didn't know how to do it but still, he wanted to help. I want to hug him and say thanks but he would definitely punch me in the face.

I know how much you hate being touched by me. Saying "thanks" would be the best thank I could provide you.


 

 


-----
 

 



I finally had a change to hug him. It was the day we could call ourselves as 'WINNER'. Everyone was crying. We hugged each other, and I hugged Mino-hyung. It was a long hug. He was crying so hard. I had seen him cried a lot during the time we were training but that time, it was tears of happiness. If the amount of tear was to telll how much that person was happy, Mino-hyung would probably be the happiest.

We celebrated with our families. It was the greatest time in my life and I would never forget it. I could remember perfectly, how it felt when you hugged me. I could remember your smile of joy, your laughter. We smiled after we had not for so long.

You held my hand when we were sitting next to each other. No one could see.



 

 

-----


 

 

I held his hand. It was cold, I could remember it perfectly. I didn't know why I decided to wrap my hand around that pale and cold hand, I just did it. And he didn't resist. No one could see what we were doing under the table. Everyone was too busy being happy. I was happy too, and so did Taehyun and everyone.

It was the best day of my life, our lives. We could call ourself 'WINNER' proudly. All the tiredness, the stress, our tears, everything that we had been through was forgotten. I hoped we would be together forever.

Our family told us to take a picture together, the 5 members of WINNER. We did. We stood next to each other, holding our hands. I never let go of Taehyun's hand. We smiled the widest, the happiest.

It was the beginning, and I promised that I would never let go of my hands.







 

.