Amnesia [1]

Amnesia

"I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted,"

I'm in the midst of my driving when my phone suddenly rang and so I drove at the side of the road and stopped there to answer it.

As soon as I saw the caller ID, I can't help but form a smile on my lips.

"Talk to me." I said right after clicking the answer button.

"Hello, Oppa! Where are you? What are you doing? I miss you." The girl on the other end of the line continously uttered.

Letting out a laugh, "Stephanie, we've only been apart for a couple of days. Do you miss me that much?" I confidently asked back.

"Well, yes. Very much." She said in a somber tone.

Shaking my head, I replied. "I do too. Now, don't be sad. I'm planning on dropping by."

Giggling she said, "YAY! Thank you Oppa. See you soon. Take care!" clapping her hands.

"Okay, see you." I said then hanged up.

I continued driving for the past forty-five minutes and took a stop on one of the places I oftenly go to back then, when I was with...her.

Soon as I came out and stepped foot on its ground, memories I long forgotten started gushing up.

"Be a man, Nickhun. It's only a place. A place where most of the good and happy times happened. It definitely was one of your favorites. " I said to myself as I was having second thoughts if I should continue on going in or leaving this once special place of mine.

"I thought about our last kiss, how it felt, the way you tasted."

I decided to push through as I am already here. I went straightly to the bar, sat and ordered my drink. An acerbic laugh escaped through my mouth as I have remembered our bittersweet last kiss.

"I love you." Victoria said, leaning closer to me and locking the space in between us.

After sharing that long kiss, she pulled back and uttered the words I dreaded hearing, "I'm sorry. But I'm breaking us off." and left.

What's happening to me? I shouldn't be thinking about you anymore, I have Tiffany now. I guess coming here was not a good idea at all. It's all coming back to me this time.

"And even though your friends tell me you're doing fine"

I know you're okay like what I am hearing from your friends. But I got to admit I still worry about you, not often yet most of the time. I shook my head trying to remove the immoral thoughts I am having but that didn't do and so I took the glass of vodka infront of me and gulped it down in one shot.

"Are you somewhere feeling lonely even though he's right beside you? When he says those words that hurt you, do you read the ones I wrote you?"

I was about to leave when I bumped into someone and with so much luck that someone is none other than the one I am presently thinking of---- Song Qian or more known as Victoria. Putting on a mask, I mustered to talk like everything's alright and there's no bad blood between us.

"I'm so sorry. Have I hurt you?" I said nonchalantly. After a while, a sarcastic laugh escaped through my mouth as I just realized what I said is duly right for me and seeing she is not alone. You are with him, the reason why I am here and you are there fazed to where you are standing.

"Again, my apologies. I better get going." I said turning my back at them, at her.

I quickly exited, walked straight to where my car is. Just when I am about to reach it someone grabbed my arm and I was stopped on my tracks. I don't need to look back to know whose pair of hands that belongs to. Because damn it, I know it's hers. The touch I've longed for, the only touch that gives me an unusual sensation, this familiarity I am feeling. She's the only one who can do this to me.

"What do you need?" I said not bothering to look back.

Instead of receiving an answer, I was dumbfounded when she suddenly squeezed herself into my back and hugged me.

I composed myself back by breathing heavily and saying, "What are you doing?" while removing her grasp from mine.

"I miss you." She said as she slowly lets go of her enveloped hands away from me.

Full with bitterness I answered,"You miss me? Haha! Yeah, right." while walking away from her.

"Sometimes I start to wonder, was it just a lie? If what we had was real, how could you be fine? 'Cause I'm not fine at all"

As I was about to open my car door, I turned around and faced her with my hands on my waist while bursting out, "I loved you! I freaking loved you!" now my right hand shaking while pointing at her.

Scratching my head, "I'm starting to wonder, was ours a lie?"

She shook her head as a response.

"If it is true, how could you be fine and be with him? Why are you okay and I am not?" I asked in a sorrowful tone.

She brokedown, saying, "I had no choice!"

"I remember the day you told me you were leaving I remember the make-up running down your face"

Fixing my gaze from far away, recalling, "Sure you don't. But you were the one who broke us off. Do you remember the day you told me you were leaving? While your make-up stains your face because of you crying." I calmly replied.

Without waiting for her answer, I continued. "That was it. Clearly, that was your choice. Leaving me."

"You don't understand." She said while shaking her head.

Losing my composure, "Then make me!" I exclaimed.

She sobbingly said. "It's not that easy."

"But it's more easy for you to break my heart." I disappointedly remarked. I added, "This would be the last time. I hope all the best things for you. Goodbye." and finally walked away.

"And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them, Like every single wish we ever made"

I drove away with a heavy heart and mind. My brain too occupied, thinking, 'I thought we had everything back then. Our dreams that was too perfect were left to be only a dream. In time, I'll escape from you.' My phone rang breaking my thoughts for awhile.

"Yeoboseyo?" I said soon as I picked up my phone.

"Oppa! Where are you?" It's Tiffany. I almost forgot, I have to drop-by at her house.

"At the road. Talk to you later, alright? Bye." I instantly ended the call not even waiting for her to bid goodbye because I felt guilty for thinking of another woman and nearly forgetting to meet with her.

I opened the car radio to avoid myself from thinking of her again but as soon as I heard the music playing, I regret having to do so. As the radio plays the song "Nothing Better". Is fate really playing with me? Only today is going to be your day. I shall forget you. While wiping the tears rolling down my face, I lose control of the driving wheel and almost crashed into a truck. I managed to avoid it but instead I hit into a tree and everything went black.

"I wish that I could wake up with amnesia And forget about the stupid little things Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you And the memories I never can escape 'Cause I'm not fine at all"

"Hwang Chansung. Jang Wooyoung. Kim Junsu. Lee Junho. Ok Taecyeon. " I said to my members assuring them that I am in the right condition.

"Who's your girlfriend?" Wooyoung abruptly asked.

I kept silent and my eyebrows met at the middle.

"Eotokke? He forgot." Junsu said.

The other members panicked to where they are and started over reacting.

"Hwang Miyoung." I said that stopped the commotion going.

I added, "What's wrong with you all? Why are you interrogating me?"

Looking at each other wondering, "Are you sure? Well because the doctor said you've hit your head hard and you've got some amnesia." Taecyeon explains.

"Yes. I am okay. Stop worrying about me." I said.

My members stayed for an hour before they left for a schedule and so I was left alone.


 

 

"No. It's okay. I originally didn't want you to go here and see me in this state too. I am fine. Do not worry too much about me, okay?"

"Call you later. Yeah. I love you too, Tiffany."

As I ended the call I saw a woman at my hospital room door who is peeking as I was on the phone and about to close the door when I called out to her, "Excuse me, Miss. What do you need? You may come in."

She entered the room with head bowed down. She slowly raises her head up and our eyes met. She's beautiful. Who is she? I don't know but there's something special about her that I can't explain.

"Nickhun." The lady said teary-eyed.

She knows me. Ah! You fool! I'm an idol, of course she'll recognize me.

I worriedly asked, "Are you okay? Why are you in tears?" as I saw her painfully looking at me.

"You're not mad at me?" She asked still crying.

She's asking if I'm not mad at her, do I have a relation with her? But why can I remember everything except her?

"I'm sorry but I can't remember you. The doctor said I hit my head hard in the accident and that caused me to have an amnesia. Are we kind of friends? Did we fight? Again, I'm sorry if I hurt you. You're beautiful and you should be protected, not fight with." I said sincerely.

"Yes. We were friends." She answered.

"Were? Aren't we friends now?" I curiously asked.

"It's a long story. Get well soon. I need to go." She said avoiding the topic.

"Wait!" I said as I held her wrist to stop her from going but I instantly let go as I got a lot of volts electrifying me.

She stopped over her tracks and turned her head at me, "What?"

"What's your name?" I questioned.

"My name is...Rian." She said and walked through the door, holding the knob.

"Rian. A lovely name for a girl like you. I don't know what our past is but I hope to be friends with you still. See you around." After saying that the girl left me and I felt a hole through my heart, again.