[19]

Timeless Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[19]

 

He runs as fast as he can. He wants to run away as far as he can from her.

When his house come into his sight, he fasten his legs.

He quickly unlocks the door after taking out the key. Jongdae is still not going home because has discussion at school. He's glad he still alone.

He walks in and locks the door from inside. He leans his back on the door. His hands still trembling from previous event. He couldn't thinking clearly after what happened at schools just now. Slowly, he slides down to the floor. He tries to calm himself.

He never thought his crush will like another person who close with him. He glances to the wrapped gift beside his bag.

He underestimated her.

He knows both of them look perfect together. But he cannot accepts why Yewon chose that boy, not him. He used to think that the girl always alone and has feeling to him. He thinks wrongly.

He looks at the time and realizes his housemate will come back in a few minutes. He quickly gets up and takes his bag and the gift before walks upstairs to his bedroom.

He needs to wash up. His face already smears with his tear and his sweats after running just now will make Jongdae suspicious.

He walks into his bedroom before hears the door is opened downstairs.

He's lucky because he earlier a few seconds before the new student come back home.

He enters the bathroom. The trembling boy splashes cold water onto his red and hot face, hoping it will cool down. He doesn't realizes that he was crying heavily during he's downstairs just now.

He reaches for a towel with water and tears in his eyes, so he has to keep them close. He dries his face before rises his head to look into the mirror at himself. His tears cannot be stopping anymore. He takes the towel before entering the shower stall.

.

 

 

 

.

That night.

Minseok is writing in his exercise book.

He wants to finish all of his homework. He wants to distract himself from thinking about the previous incident.

"Minseok, dinner."

Someone knocks his door from outside his room.

Minseok tries to ignore the boy outside his room.

"Minseok, let's eat dinner." Jongdae knocks again.

Minseok sighs on his seat.

"In a minute!" He replies.

"Okay, I'll wait for you downstairs."

Slowly, the footsteps walking away from his room before disappears.

He gets up from his seat and walk to bathroom first. He looks at the mirror. His eyes still red and puffy effect from previous cried. He washes his face again to make sure Jongdae will not notices the different on his face. He doesn't want Jongdae worried about him. He didn't why but he feels like he has to.

After he's sure that he is confident to face Jongdae, he walks downstairs to eat dinner.

.

 

 

 

 

.

Minseok is going back home alone. Jongdae has discussion with his partner, so the new student is staying at library. He just smiles alone remembering Jongdae. He didn't know why but he like when Jongdae with him. He never feels lonely again.

"Minseok!"

He turns around.

"Yes?"

"Can we talk for awhile?"

"Sure, just say it!" Minseok smiles.

"I don't think I say it here." Yewon replies as she looks around.

The students are still in the hallway and some of them are staring at them weirdly.

"Okay, wait here. I want to go my locker first."

Yewon nods.

"What do you want to say to me?" Minseok asks as soon they meet at the school gate.

"This is from you, right?" The girl asks as she shows a gift that shaped like thick book. It's wrapped with pink colour and has hearts shape on it.

He looks at the gift before nodding slowly. He puts the gift in Yewon's locker last morning.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why you give me this?" Yewon asks.

Minseok instantly silent. In his silent, he's thinking what he want to answer.

"Minseok-"

"Because I like you." Minseok cuts her.

Her face instantly changes before sighs.

"Minseok, I can't accept it."

"But why?"

Her eyes dart to everywhere but him. Her face look conflicted.

"Why you can't accept me?"

Yewon looks down. She plays with her fingers and the gift.

"You have someone else?" He guesses.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter