Following Day

Bad Student

 

Water. Give the poor girl a damn glass of water, Sulli!

But the other female was still glaring at her just awakened friend.

“You were so drunk yesterday, that Jaejoong had to literally bring you here.”

“Water,” Krystal’s hoarse voice finally came through to Sulli.

Signing, the said girl passed the glass to her hangover friend and fixed her pajamas. “Did I mention already that you also threw up in the front yard? Oh, how about the fact that none of you brothers want to see you right now? They can barely talk to me, too.”

“Sulli,” Krystal wiped her eyes and slid back under her blanket. “Stop.”

“Oh you’re embarrassed?” The girl was furious. “Think about what position you put me in. They might as well think it’s my fault since I let you off!”

The dizzy feeling female turned to another side, feeling her ball dress coming loose. “You’re just angry because you didn’t get to drink with me.”

“Damn right I am!” Kneeling to her best friend, the taller girl threw the blanket off the lying girl. “It would’ve been way better than having to deal with you all night long. At least your brothers didn’t come to check up on you, or they would’ve seen you in a mess. Even a bigger one than the one Myungsoo brought you in.”

Krystal slowly sat up, her bare arms getting cold. sore as hell, she still managed to mutter: “I can’t look him in the eyes. It’s gonna be so awkward!”

Immediately intrigued, Sulli sat down next to the sick person. Her foxy smile in place, she asked what was in her mind since last night. “What happened between you two?”

Krystal glanced at her friend, winced and cupped her face in thought. “That’s the case- I can’t remember.”

 

*

 

“Look who’s up,” Jungkook announced, setting tableware for dinner. Yeah, the girl slept for the whole day.

Krystal didn’t dare to glance at the youngster, as Sulli passed her yet another glass of water. At least now showered and comfortably clothed, the Jung female was much more presentable than when her siblings saw her yesterday.

Jaejoong came out of the kitchen. Obviously mad, he ignored anything coming from his sister’s mouth. She was in deep trouble indeed.

“Jae~” She tried to apologize for nth time this evening, as they all sat down to eat.

Not even sparing her a glance, he began eating.

Jungkook wasn’t happy about all of this either, he was maybe even madder than Jaejoong, but he tried to keep it all to himself. She was older than him after all. Even if more childish, too.

“I’m sorry, you guys. My friend gave me just one sip, but I got lost after it. You know I haven’t drunk alcohol before that…”

Jaejoong kept a stoic face as the girl pleaded for forgiveness one more time. “Can you please keep it a secret from mom and dad?”

Finally, he snapped.

“Do you even understand how dangerous it might have been for you? You’re a girl, for Christ’s sake!”

Scarred by such outburst from her usually calm and loving older brother, Krystal’s eyes started to tear up. “I don’t want to eat anymore.”

“How come?! You threw up any food you had last night!” Jaejoong’s shouts followed until Krystal made her way upstairs.

Biting onto the bread, Sulli was awfully quiet. What is she still doing here, anyway? She should’ve taken a taxi back home when she had the chance, never mind how far it was. At this rate she’ll have to sleepover one more night.

“Sulli,” Jungkook addressed the silent girl, gaining her full attention. “Please go take a look after her. I’ll deal with Jae.”

Nodding, the girl left the almost untouched dinner and ran to her friend’s room.

Walking in, she saw guilty looking girl brush her hair. Signing, she took laptop from the work desk and Krystal’s Christmas’ playlist. If this doesn’t fix the atmosphere, nothing will.

“How are you feeling?”

“Like crap,” Krystal giggled when the other girl took the brush and continued the act for her. Slowly brushing the long black sleek hair Sulli imagined how it could’ve been today if only her friend didn’t get drunk.

“He’s totally grounding you if he can.”

“He can. And I know for sure that he won’t,” Krystal chuckled, making her pal laugh also.

“So how was it? What were you doing?”

Krystal racked her brain for any possible memory, as she begun, “Well I don’t make out much, but I definitely disliked alcohol. The whole act of hanging with bunch of teenagers was quite fun, though.”

“Any cute guys?” Sulli smirked; Myungsoo sure looked funny when he showed up red-faced and with Krystal sleeping in his hold. Cute, nevertheless.

“Not that I remember any,” the sitting female signed. “Was I really too dumb to go through this ?”

Sulli bluntly answered: “Not at all. It was a new experience. It’s just a bit depressing I wasn’t there with you.”

Other girl chuckled. “I probably did some stupid stuff there. I hope I never bump into the group ever again.”

“Just Myungsoo. Every damn day,” Sulli remarked.

Krystal hissed, “I’m so embarrassed!”

“It’ll pass,” Sulli tried to calm her friend down. “By the time the school begins everything will be forgotten. Besides,” she stopped brushing the hair and met eyes with Krystal through the mirror in front of them, “he was probably too drunk to remember anything also.”

“Really?!” Krystal seemed happy by the thought. “Tell me how he got me to walk to you.”

Sulli laughed out loud in her infamous style, “Who told you anything about you walking?”

 

*

 

 “Jae,” Jungkook carefully watched his older brother, “You know all of this should never reach our parents’ ears.”

The older male had to subdue his anger to keep his voice low. “Krystal is in deep trouble this time. I don’t know whether to do as she pleads or to inform our parents. However,” he looked seriously at his brother, “It’s not mine only call to make.”

“I am against them learning of this one-time thing. You know Krystal is a smart girl; everyone does mistakes, and she will definitely learn from it. Telling mom and dad about it would only make them unnecessarily worry if it’s their fault, you know that,” Jungkook reasoned.

Yep, the youngest Jung sibling was officially the most mature one.

“I know. So I won’t them about it. Just don’t tell Krystal about my decision yet, I want her to think more about what she did.”

Jungkook laughed, “She’s 18. She’ll soon be allowed to drink alcohol legally.”

“Soon, but not yet. Do not try to justify her yesterday’s behavior.”

“Alright, alright,” Jungkook backed down. “But you should at least try talking to her. Calmly,” he suggested.

The older brother signed in defeat; he had to forgive his little sister, he knew his shouts made her feel even tier than necessary. “I think I should take Sulli home. Her parents wouldn’t be too happy with her staying over for a second night.”

Few minutes later, Jaejoong knocked at his sister’s room before coming in. There he found the two girls sitting by the laptop, laughing about something. “Sulli, I’ll drive you home in a few minutes. Get ready.”

“What? Why?” Krystal was worried; did it mean that there would be more lectures coming her way tonight? Even more shouting that Jaejoong didn’t want her best and only friend to witness?

“No, it’s alright,” Sulli stood up to pack her belongings. “I talked with my parents this afternoon when you were still asleep, and they weren’t that keen on me staying another night. It’s my first time at your place, and also I was the one to ask your brother for a lift.”

The hangover girl had nothing to say on the matter, yet, she was afraid of what could happen if she was left alone with her furious older brother.

When Jaejoong left the room to get ready himself, Sulli turned to her friend and whispered, “It’s gonna be okay, Krystal.” Seriously, does this girl have the ability to read other’s mind?

“Sorry for ruining your first sleepover at my place,” Krystal finally apologized to her friend.

“Well, the ball was pretty damn awesome, I also had the opportunity to hang out with your handsome brothers, so don’t be too harsh on yourself. I just wanted that the first time you got drunk would’ve been with me.”

Krystal embraced her friend, “Another time we’ll get drunk together, I promise.”

“You’re already planning another time?” Sulli laughed in mockery.

Krystal just grinned in her usual sly way. “Of course. I didn’t like alcohol, but the feeling afterwards was pretty dang good.”

Krystal walked Sulli downstairs. Both brothers were already waiting by the front doors, so the two females hurriedly hugged and stopped in the hallway, when a doorbell suddenly surprised the group.

“Who could be here at this hour?” Krystal voiced out everyone’s question.

Opening the doors, Jaejoong immediately grunted. “Jeez, I totally forgot you were coming tonight,” he said to the confused red headed man standing just outside their door. “Please, come in.”

Both girls were shocked to see their Physics’ teacher come in through the door.

“I take it now was a bad timing to come,” Mark nervously glanced at the black haired girl in her loose one shoulder red sweater and metallic leggings.

“It’s just that I forgot,” Jaejoong also looked kind of tense, as he added, “I was about to take Krystal’s friend back home… It’s not that far, so, maybe, you could wait until I return?”

Mark flashed his most professional smile he could manage. It was awkward as hell with all five of them standing in one hallway. And with the two girls staring at him, both still in shock.

Jaejoong just happened to feel the need to add, “Krystal will keep you company in the meantime. We’ll be back soon,” he gestured to both himself and his youngest sibling.

“Wait what?” the mentioned girl finally found her ability to speak working again, “What do you mean by ‘we’? Is Kookie also going with you?”

“I need to drop by Yoongi’s house. He lended me his new mixtape recently, he has to have it by tomorrow. We won’t take long,” Jungkook stepped outside, leading the others.

Krystal’s mouth was sound shut as she and the hottie watched the front doors close right before their eyes.

“Well, that was unexpected,” Mark tried to joke around, but to the teenager this whole situation wasn’t as laughable.

“Tell me about it.”

After a prolonged pause, the girl finally locked eyes with the teacher. “So, what exactly brings you here?”

“Are we going to stand here until they return?” Mark deviously smirked; lost the speaking ability once more.

Simply guiding the way, she led the hottie of a teacher to the living room, the most official room she could think of. He wasn’t there as someone’s friend, she thought. He was here as her teacher. Yes. Teacher.

“So what brings you here, teacher?” As much as she tried to sound serious, the last part sounded like sarcasm. She just wasn’t used to addressing the hottie as a teacher.

“Your older brother asked me last time if I wanted to work after school as your tutor. I decided to accept the job and I’m here to sort out the details.”

“What?!”

Mark laughed at the girl’s surprised face; she was in so much disbelief it made it look so much funnier.

“How could he decide it on his own?!” Krystal was getting frustrated now.

“He mentioned something about you possibly wanting to enroll to Physics’ faculty at the nearby university? I seriously had no idea, given your overall results,” he straight mocked the girl in her face.

Blushing, she averted her gaze. She had no plans to study with a tutor, even so, him. “I won’t agree to it.”

“Why? Afraid to spend some alone time with me?” he teased. Stepping forward, he decreased the distance between them, to which she evidently reacted by taking one step back.

“I’m not the kind of student to work after school ends. I have other activities to do.”

Mark didn’t stop trying to minimize the space between them, as he continued, “I was hoping you’ll make some time for me.”

Krystal had nowhere to hide; she felt a wall behind her back, leaving her no other choice but to cast eyes away and hope the teasing would stop soon. It didn’t.

The too-good-to-be-human teacher placed one of his toned arms right beside Krystal’s slightly turned head. It was like a déjà vu. Like that one moment they had in the school’s hallway.

With his other hand, Mark slowly took the teenager’s chin in his hold and turned her face towards him.

Krystal’s eyes stared intently at the devious grin the young man had. His cherry plump lips hypnotized her. She wondered whether Mark was a good kisser.

“Are you still so sure you don’t want me to tutor you?” he whispered with his husky voice, making the poor girl’s heart pound louder than ever.

Krystal wondered just what exactly he meant by ‘tutor’. “I don’t mind, actually.”

Her eyes still glued on his lips, she watched as he asked in slow motion, “Could you make me some tea?”

Huh?

Immediately looking up to his eyes, she saw what she, deep in heart, knew she would find there. He was playing her, again. She was his little toy that never seemed so stop amusing him.

The girl had to show she wasn’t flustered by his game. “What kind would you like, teacher?” This time, Mark could hear true sarcasm coming from his student’s mouth as she addressed him.

“Black, Krystal.”

“Could you..?” she pointed to the hottie’s still extended arm that was blocking the girl’s exit from the tight spot.

“Sure,” he immediately stepped back, returning to their earlier position.

Krystal almost dashed to the kitchen. Cupping her cheeks, she breather in, then out, overall, tried to compose herself. If only someone else were in the house! Would it really be a good idea to spend her evenings with this dude? He surely would not let her concentrate that easily, she noted.

She proceeded to brew tea, as Mark was left alone in the living room, also dealing with his own thoughts.

 

*

 

“We’re back,” Jaejoong announced, taking his shoes off. He met Mark in the living room, watching TV, as Krystal was standing by the wall, sipping a cup of tea.

“Sorry that you had to wait. I hope Krystal kept you good company?”

Mark turned off the TV and stood up. “Oh, yes, do not worry about that. Should we talk, now?”

Jungkook stared at his awkward looking sister standing far away from her teacher. The atmosphere sure felt strange. But, well, it was her teacher inside her home, what wouldn’t be weird about that?

“Yeah, follow me in to my parent’s work room. I already talked with our parents…” The rest was cut off, as the two young men went into the said room.

“Did you know Jae wanted to hire me a tutor?” The girl out of nowhere glared at her younger sibling.

“Do not blame me,” he raised his hands, “You were the one not to take your last year seriously.”

“But you all know that I could do well on my exams only if I cared enough,” she hissed, clearly dissatisfied that everyone else beside her knew about the idea.

The youngest Jung sibling flashed her a cocky smile. “But the thing is, you don’t take it seriously. Maybe your teacher could make you look at it differently than right now.”

“Father will take my side.”

“They already agreed, dummy.”

“Kookie,” she groaned, “For how long has the idea been agreed upon without my knowledge?”

“Since the beginning of year, basically.”

“…Sorry that you had to wait so long for mere minutes,” Jaejoong closed room’s door behind Mark’s back. “We’ll be waiting for you tomorrow, then.”

Mark made his way to the hallway, put on his shoes. “Sure. Goodnight, everyone,” he smiled at the girl and exited the house.

Krystal pouted; it looks like she gets no word this time.

“And you, Krystal,” Jaejoong pointed finger at the teenager, “Better think twice about drinking ever again. Ever.”

Nope. She really couldn’t stand up to her angry brother right now.

 

*