Major Emberrassment

Bad Student

I think I mentioned that school .

You know what doesn’t about it that much?

Fridays.

Oh, and Physics on Fridays (only when the teacher is hot as hell)

Putting down her backpack, Krystal plopped herself on the side of Sulli’s table while the other girl was fixing her mascara.

“Seriously, it’s the last lesson for the day,” The half standing teenager mused, using her phone’s front camera as a mirror to put on some lip balm.

“Look who’s talking,” Sulli grabbed her makeup brush and started doing her eyebrows. “You spent last break in the toilet putting on tons of ‘cement’ on your already pretty face. I have an excuse, at least, what about you?”

Krystal straightened her back as another classmate entered the classroom. “Did I overdo it?” she bit her lip, mortified. Sulli knew full well how inexperienced her buddy was when it came to makeup. Fashion was another case, though. Sulli herself asked for advices of clothing from her bestie, not that rarely either.

Putting her brush down, the seated girl with responsibly waved hair (today was an occasion) smiled at her worried friend. “I’ll fix it, just stay still.” Grabbing one of her napkin (she prepared a lot for today), Sulli stood up and cleaned some makeup off from Krystal’s heavily smeared face. Adding few details, her job was done. Sitting back to her place, the tall girl went back to her eyebrows.

Signaling the start of the lesson, a bell rung and half of the classmates run to the classroom. Actually nobody really attended Physics on Fridays, since it was seventh and the last lesson at whole school. At least some nerds came, Krystal smirked.

Entering right after the last student, Mr. Tuan greeted the class with huge smile and sat to his desk, browsing for lesson material.

“He looks super happy today,” Sulli whispered to her friend, her face slightly turned to the back. Krystal leaned forward, her arms placed across the table.

“He saw me,” the rebel tried to sound as casual as possible; her heart on the other hand was doing back flips. She barely contained laugh. Even Krystal knew it sounded dumb.

“Don’t even think about rolling your eyes, Choi,” Krystal further whispered to her best of friend since elementary school, fully aware that the said girl just did that. “You have a third eye on your back, and it rolls too,” she hissed.

“So have you prepared for today’s test?” Mr. Hottie loudly questioned teenagers, only hearing few grunts and groans. His already huge smile only widened, showing perfectly his white pearly teeth.

“Where are you and Taemin going for today’s date?” Krystal continued talking, though her gaze was now glued to the substitute teacher. How long is he going to teach here? One week already passed somehow, so maybe two? Is the next week last for him? Saddened by the thought, the girl slumped back to her seat.

“To the amusement park.”

“That’s, like, where everybody goes to these days. Shouldn’t he, a future artist, be a little bit creative?”

“Future artist?” Sulli turned her body to her back seat, interested in the information.

Krystal nonchalantly took her pencil and started drawing stars and crowns in air. “He likes to play various music instruments, he enrolled into art’s yearly school this year and he plans on auditioning.”

“And how the hell do you know all that?”

The teenager gave a meaningful look.

“You stalker,” Sulli giggled when she saw her friend’s eyes and mouth widen by something — someone —as she herself felt a shadow towering her head. Gulping and turning around, she hoped she just imagined it. Usually in these situations she would get a detention, however today she has other plans to carry out.

“We’re starting the test now,” Mark Tuan said with his husky voice, his smile still there, even if not that sincere anymore. “Ms. Jung, back to the front seat.”

“Why me?” Krystal was astonished; it was clearly Sulli that got caught talking. What the hell?!

Mr. Too-hot-to-be-a-human kept quiet, but his changed pose with his arms now on his hips and legs slightly crossed, meant that the girl should get moving. Fast.

Grunting she took all her belongings and tip toed after Mark who was leading the way. Just yesterday he let her to return to her seat… Plopping her nicely dressed body, she momentarily looked at her surroundings. Jeez, Myungsoo is still sitting here. As their eyes accidentally met, Krystal turned back to the blackboard.

Sometimes Mr. Tuan can be just like a regular teacher in this school — an . Seriously, as gorgeous as he was, he still had some strictness issues.

After sending out the test papers, the sub teacher returned to his desk in front of the class, just near the window and carefully observed as students begun doing their assignments.

Tick-tack. Tick-tack. Tick-tack. Ugh, how long has it been already? Feeling as if every minute went by like a year, Krystal wondered if it was her sanity, not her actual knowledge tested right now. Either way, she will fail at this test. She just managed to answer two questions out of six, and even those two had only one point each. Thank God her parents don’t really care about her scores that much, always telling Krystal and her brothers that it’s their own lives. She’s lucky at least in that department.

“All done,” Kim Myungsoo handed his test to the young teacher, being seventh kid that can go home now. She childishly stuck out her tongue when he coldly passed her seat, totally ignoring the girl.

“I’m going now, bye Krys,” Sulli apologetically smiled before dashing out of the classroom. Great. How many are left there now? Turning around to inspect the silent room, girl was left speechless as she was the last one to conclude her work. Mr. Tuan was writing something down in his notebook. It probably was something serious as his forehead got more and more wrinkled every turned page.

Krystal had no guesses to any of the unanswered questions. Wobbling her dizzy head from side to side, she furrowed and loosened her brows in some sort of routine, merrily thinking about what sort of dinner her older brother, JaeJoong, will prepare for today. Momentarily forgetting where she was, the teenager silently, really quietly, begun to hum her special tune. The pencil stuck under the left ear wobbled from side to side along with her long, pitch-black straight locks, drawing some sort of line in the air. By now her soul has left her body, went back home, sat down and browsed the web. Also downloaded some cute guy’s pictures.

Krystal’s body shivered when something suddenly touched her left ear. Shooting a surprised look, Krystal locked eyes with Mark, who was leaning forward her, pencil in his hand. He was so close to her she could feel his heavy and fast inhales of breath.

“That’s mine,” she muttered, pointing to the pencil. And now her mind is working perfectly fine?! She should be all girly looking and confused, while right now, she’s the exact opposite. Krystal looked as if she was angry at the teacher’s action that scared the out of her.

Amused by her unexpected reaction (he totally thought she would look all embarrassed like the last time), he extended his hand with the ‘stolen’ tool, giving it back to his temporary student. “You were out of this world, Krystal.”

It’s the first time he called her by her name. The word rolled off his tongue so nicely that she purposely kept quiet, waiting to hear it again.

Mark smirked when a tiny blush crept to her cheeks. “Adorable,” he found himself saying out loud.

“And you’re gorgeous,” Krystal gulped and said the words, not really controlling her own mouth.

Mr. Sub leaned in even more. Smirk in place, his honey colored orbs Krystal in for the second time this week. The only difference now was that they were alone, lessons have ended and the space between them was slowly decreasing.

Just when Krystal’s mind kicked in, telling her to close her eyes, she felt another sudden alien movement, this time from beneath her hands.

“The bell is a tad late, the class is over. You can go back home, while I grade this,” he took her test and straightened his back. Gosh, he’s so tall. Oh, so that’s what he was doing— taking the paper. Just like he was supposed to. No more intentions. Defeated, Krystal signed and stood up, ready to pack her belongings.

“Are you in a hurry?” Mark raised his brow, eyeing the teenager, ready to turn on his heel.

“Not really,” she shrugged, feeling her cheeks getting cold again. “Do you need me to do something for you?”

There was an unexpected pause between Mark and Krystal. The young teacher smirked again, though the girl had no idea why. She started growing hotter by no reason though.

“While I grade your paper, would you mind going to the principal’s office and leading there waiting guest here?”

“How would I know who is it?” Krystal furrowed her brows and absentmindedly crossed arms under her chest, wholly forgetting she was wearing a blouse. Though spotting Mr. Hottie’s jaw clench, she turned around and walked out of the classroom almost immediately, only shouting “Never mind, I’ll find him,” back.

It took poor substitute teacher whole two minutes before he could start grading the girl’s paper. She was something else alright.

 

*

 

“Hello?”

With no response, Krystal entered the short hall leading to the principal’s, looking towards secretary’s spot that was empty. Is she the only left student in school? If she had no particular hottie to return to, she would feel betrayed by Sulli, but never mind that now. Krystal has to find that guest.

The mission seems to become harder when there is no one even in the principal’s office. Funny how the room is left unlocked, thinking about how much of a white-livered prick of a principal the man is. Maybe Mark made a mistake and the guest is in teachers‘ office?

Abruptly turning around, Krystal bumped into someone who was turning the corner. Apparently that person had loads of water in his cup.

“Ah!” Krystal screamed as she backed away, wiping her moist blouse with hands. Obviously, it didn’t help the situation.

“Sorry sorry!” A bit hoarse voice spoke up, a female one at that. Rising her large eyes, Krystal looked up to only be greeted by a dark shade of brown eyes, shimmering under hallway’s lights. Was this young women the guest Mr. Tuan was talking about?!

Thinking about her blouse, teenager waved at the now-see-through cloth, hoping it would dry out faster this way. “It’s my own fault. Are you, perhaps, waiting for Mr. Tuan?”

The lady quickly nodded with serious face as she emptied her purse on a nearby sofa. This sofa was occupied by Krystal quite a lot, in a matter of fact. Distracted by the thought, she forgot to thank the woman as the latter gave her two napkins to clean up.

“He asked me to lead you to his cabinet, so if you’re ready…”

The woman smiled and nodded once more, needless to say, not that keen in talking. Kind of cute, Krystal mentally judged the lady walking after her.

The woman’s heels echoed through spacious empty hallway and made the senior girl reconsider just how well the lady in fact looked. High hells made her legs look even ier, and as much as Krystal saw, she needs to admit — the woman had a really nice ‘S’ body to be envied by many. That tiny, slightly round face would normally look cute, but now makeup changed into matured, though still young and y girl. That mid-long black hair fit perfectly with the woman’s pale complex. As the two neared the Physics’ classroom, Krystal started feeling inferior to the guest. What is her relationship to the hot sub?

“Hey!” the girl ran with her arms open into the male god’s embrace as soon as she landed her eyes on him. Krystal stared in utter surprise at such change of mood. The scene looked quite private too, so the senior student silently took her belongings and was ready to leave, when a familiar voice stopped her from doing so.

“Ms. Jung, your paper,” she heard Mark’s husky vocals ring seductively in her ears. Signing and regaining her almost lost composure, she went back to the two and snatched, not purposely harshly of course, her paper and her sneakers. She didn’t want to witness the pair’s intimate behavior any longer, as Mr. Sub was leaning on his desk, the woman hugging his waist from a side.

“Um Krystal?”

She had to turn once again, her face a bright shade of red. She felt intimidated by this whole situation. What so embarrassing though? Oh right, her blouse was soaking wet, all see-through-like. One embarrassment after another. She has to fix her awful behavior over the weekend. “Is there anything else, Mr. Tuan?”

Mark smirked and shrugged. “Just do better next time,” his deep orbs locked onto her and didn’t promise to let go. Gulping even with absolutely dry throat, the rebellious teen nodded and reluctant to drop the eye-match, finally got out of the class.

As Krystal stomped angrily further and further away from the classroom, she could still hear their voices loudly laughing, signaling that the two are about to leave the school. At least they won’t be doing anything here, Krystal hissed to herself whilst staring at her failing score. Zero. Bloody brilliant.

Mr. Tuan is a douche.

 

*

 

Trying to forget her little embarrassment session after Physics, the only daughter of Jung’s family chose to walk back home instead of calling her older brother to pick her up, like she was used to. Her brother  supposedly remembers this lazy habit very well, granted that her smartphone started vibrating on the mid-way home.

“What’s up?” Krystal answered, kicking some rocks beneath her feet.

“Isn’t the school over already? Do you want me to pick you up?”

Signing at how worrisome her annoying sibling is, the girl deadpanned “I’m almost home.” Ending the call right away, she hummed her special song to cleanse the mind. It was a lullaby Sulli taught her when they met, the same one Krystal later used to calm her little brother. Well, he’s not that little, Jungkook’s only two years younger. In fact, it was probably the girl herself who would get calmer every time she heard the song. Such an easy piece to remember.

“Should I message Sulli or not?” the girl wondered to herself out loud, deep in thought. Every moment Krystal couldn’t make a topic for herself, that hottie of a teacher occupied her mind. She’s getting in some deep stuff, okay? Yeah, well, she knows she shouldn’t. He’s a teacher, for Christ’s sake! Even if temporary. He also has a girlfriend! Although no one could assure her of that instead of Mr. Tuan.

“Mr. Tuan, hmh… Mark Tuan.”

And here it is, here welcoming home. Her place was nothing eye catchy, it was a kind of boring looking house with two floors and a small attic; the inside, on the other hand, was another case. As the mother was a busy cook of a famous restaurant, all home duties were left upon the artsy writer father and the children- consisting of college student JaeJoong, rebellious daughter herself and their youngest sibling Jungkook- that gladly obligated into doing chores for extra money. Jung’s family was just a tad above the average income and so was able to travel around from time to time, although the mother rarely accompanied the rest of the family.

“You’re back,” JaeJoong came running from the kicking, took his baby sister (as he likes to call her) in his arms and spin around until the latter started kicking. Just like in childhood.

“She’s going to punch you hard one time, you were warned,” Jungkook appeared out of the living room and instructed his older brother in a kind of chick manner Krystal didn’t know he had.

Getting released from the strong grip of her brother, Krystal witnessed both boys rolling her eyes, to which she knew how to respond. As both brothers were within her reach, she grabbed their ears and swiftly pulled on them, causing them to scream in pain. It was Krystal’s special art of torture. As thanks for the lullaby, she taught Sulli of this move. “Don’t you dare to roll your eyes in this household.”

You see, everyone in the family has a role to fulfill. Mom being the successful one makes her the moneymaker. Dad is another topic, as he is both a writer and a painter, both jobs risky and unsure. Since he works at home, he tends to do most of the chores, even when the mother is at home. JaeJoong isn’t a typical guy his age either; he studies cooking, same as mom, making him the usual food maker in the house. His college isn’t that far away, so he still lives with the family. Jungkook got into a privileged all-boys high school last year, too far from home in his father’s opinion (mother was proud of him and so didn’t care about it). Every morning JaeJoong would take his always freshly cleaned car and drive thirty minutes to drop the youngest sibling off, just to bring him back in the afternoon. The oldest brother somehow manages to have time to attend college too.

And so, there’s also Krystal. Having two brothers, even if one is younger than her, she grew quite spoiled with their love, being proudly presented by the two as the family’s beauty. That probably boosted the girl’s confidence too much in early age, leaving only hurtful feelings nowadays. Anyways, being the only girl in the household (mom is barely at home) should be hard, but it isn’t it. Actually, she has no real role her. ‘Just be pretty’, her siblings would say when she asks what she could help with. If father and Kookie (Jungkook’s nickname) take all the cleaning chores and JaeJoong makes food, neither side left the bored girl even one job.

Therefore, as a result, Krystal enrolled into sports’ school in fifth grade, same place she met Taemin, her first ever crush, and who’s probably having a nice date with her best friend right now. But enough about that. So this school was the only place she could spend all her unused energy and finally be appreciated by others, as she soon was considered the best sprint runner in the town. Sadly, entering high school was a bit hard for her to adjust, so she dropped out from the after school activity for a whole year, leaving her lots of extra energy to spare.

Guess what? She became rebellious. She still continues her sport activities, only those don’t help that much nowadays. Seriously, last year Krystal’s temper got so bad she broke one kid’s nose. That’s why most of seniors are wary of her, making it even harder to start a relationship. Ah, Krystal wants boyfriend so much nowadays…

“Did you mark parent’s anniversary on the calendar yet?”

“Mark?” Krystal looked back at Jungkook, who was seated next to her on the brown couch, popcorns disappearing quickly between his teeth.

“Mark the calendar. Did you? I guess not.” Ah, mark. Not, like, Mark. Is everything going to lead Krystal to that teacher? She hopes not. But when were her wishes ever granted?

“Have they bought the tickets yet?” JaeJoong came into the living room with fresh apple juice. “I didn’t really hear much about the trip except that I’ll have to babysit you two.”

“I don’t even know the date,” Krystal held her hands up, indicating she knew nothing. Jungkook finally let go of his popcorn bag.

“Sometimes you make me feel like the oldest one here,” he signed. “They’re leaving on 14th of December, I’ll mark the date myself for you two then.”

“We’re gonna be alone on Christmas and New Year’s Eve,” it was turn for Krystal to sign when she slumped lower on the couch.

“As much as you hate seeing someone rolling their eyes, I can’t put up with you signing. It’s not pretty,” JaeJoong sat on his baby sister’s left, bumping shoulders with her in the process. “Cheer up. I’ll let you both call your friends over for the holidays, but the parent’s can’t know about this.”

Krystal grinned like a foolish girl she was and leaned her head on her older brother’s hunky shoulder. This guy’s hobby is lifting weights, resulting in such a well-toned body. JaeJoong made Krystal’s standards for a boyfriend really high without knowing it. Though one particular red-headed man just might seem good enough for the girl.

Dang it! Here’s that teacher again!

“I’m bored,” Kookie turned to his older siblings with tired eyes. Krystal patted her lap for her junior to rest his head, an invite he took. They were silent like this for quite a long time, Jungkook’s head on the sister’s lap, the girl’s head resting on JaeJoong’s shoulder and the latter simple leaning on a pillow.

A wild idea crept up to Krystal. “Do you want to help me monitor my best friend’s date?”

 

***