Blue Words

Blue Words

 

 

 

''I forgive you, Yixing. It can't be helped if you don't love me anymore.'' She says to him, voice full of sadness. It was obvious she was trying her best to hide her feelings and if Yixing had paid attention, he would've noticed. But he did none, as he was too engrossed in himself.

''Yeah, you're right. Sorry 'kay ?'' And she nodded and smiled in pain.

''Do not worry, I'll do my best to make the remaining feelings of love I have for you disappear. I won't bother you.''

Yixing felt a slight pang of pain in his heart but it was so small that he didn't even take note of it.

''We can still be friends if you want.'' Say no, say no, oh please say no. But his prayers weren't heard as Ae Ra nodded once more.

She hesitated at first because she really didn't want to be friends with the one who causes her so much pain but she still agreed. She thought it would be impolite to refuse, plus, when she'd go see EXO, she didn't want things to be awkward around them.

, what a drag. As expected of this , always ignoring my feelings. Yixing gritted his teeth in irritation but immediately faked a smile in an attempt to hide his rising anger. ''That's great.''

She nodded and after that, an awkward silence took over them. Both didn't utter a word and the clumsy atmosphere was gradually suffocating them. After a few minutes of torturous silence, a voice was heard. ''Hum, I'll see you around then ?''

He scratched his neck and she nodded one last time, ''Sure.'', as he bid her goodbye and she shut the door behind her. After what seemed like eternity, her smile faded away as if she never had smiled in the past minutes and finally let her tears painfully run down her now reddened cheeks as she allowed herself to drown in her tears, crying herself to sleep.

 

 


 

 

A month had passed and nor Yixing nor EXO had heard of Ae Ra. She never called nor answer their call or messages. They did have an idea of why she didn't do any of those. She was probably crying a river everyday, trying her best to endure the excruciating pain she had in her heart and forget how much she loved Yixing, erasing her feelings for him until they completely, utterly, disappeared. Little did they know that they were right about every guess they had.

It became very awkward between them and Yixing because even if the latter was one of them, they loved Ae Ra as much as they loved their own sister. So forgiving the black haired for hurting her in the worst way he could have, was the hardest thing they had to do until now in their life.

In fact, they did still talk sometimes with him but they never really forgave him for fooling around. They hated how he treated Ji Yeon better than he ever did to Ae Ra, always texting her or sending her gifts. He became someone they didn't know of, it wasn't their Yixing and that, was scary.

They were now doubting if Ae Ra would ever show up. The worst scenarios passed through their minds but were quickly brushed away since they knew Ae Ra wasn't going to be as stupid as ending her own life for the dude;

One day when EXO was talking on the practice room, waiting for the rest of the members to arrive, the door was quietly opened. A girl entered the room and advanced toward the circle of friends who were sitting on the floor. ''Hey guys, how are you doing ?''

A cheerful, cute and none-too-familiar voice was heard as they all hastily looked up to the source of their increasing beating heart. They beamed in happiness and stood up when they noticed an all-smiles Ae Ra standing before them. She was safe, and sounded good. They all hugged her as closely as they could and each looked at her in the eyes, trying to find any hint of sadness or pain behind her warm smile and cheerful blue orbs. But there weren't any and that pleased them even more as they saw that she was, finally, happy once again. They all knew she was okay but a question still lingered on their mind. They were all hesitating to ask her when suddenly JongIn braced himself and spoke up. ''Ae Ra-yah, d-did you....you know,....hum...''

She tilted her head in confusion but soon got what he intended to say. She smiled warmly at him and ruffled his head. ''Don't worry guys, I'm over him now. Yes, it was difficult, but it's over now.''

They all cheered not-so-silently, glad that she was finally able to feel happy once again.

As they were all chatting with her, sharing laughs and the past gossips who had been heard of in their building, the practice room's door was opened and they all turned their head toward the noise.

The guys smile was slowly fading away, the laughter was replaced by silence as they all eyed the intruder in almost disgust. Ae Ra found it weird that she wasn't hearing laughs anymore so she hastily looked up and widened their eyes. In front of them were Yixing and his bitc---girlfriend.

The boys all turned his head to Ae Ra, observing her reaction. They were fearing she was going to break down right here and now or at least hide it but they were greatly surprised and even amazed to see her smiling at the couple with the same cheerful smile she showed them a few seconds ago.

She was the first to stood up and approach them. She hugged Yixing and hurriedly let him go. ''Hello Yixing. It's been a while, how are you ?''

Saying that Yixing was shocked was an understatement but the fact that she hadn't said 'Oppa' made it clear she was over him. He stuttered as he answered her with an heavy heart. ''F-fine, and you ?''

''I'm doing good thanks.'' He nodded and an high-pitched voice was heard.

''Oppa, who is she ?'', Ji Yeon was glancing between Yixing and Ae Ra but instead of being answered by his stunned boyfriend, it was his ex who did it.

''You must be Ji Yeon, right ? I've heard about you. I'm Ae Ra, nice to meet you.'' Ae Ra smiled at the girl Yixing had cheated with on her and bowed a bit.

The said girl giggled cutely and also bowed at Ae Ra. ''I'm Ji Yeo, Yixing's Oppa girlfriend ! Nice to meet you too. But, hum, who are you ??''

It was quite a rude question to ask but it seemed that Ji Yeon wasn't bothered on being straightforward.

Ae Ra was taken aback but smiled instead. 'Looks like she doesn't know.''

As she said those five words, Yixing sent her an alarming look, almost pleading for her to not say anything. Ae Ra didn't knew he was this serious with her.

''Know what ? What don't I know Oppa ?''

Yixing was now a panicking mess as he glanced back and forth between his new girlfriend and his ex, trying to find out what he should say but he didn't have to think long before Ae Ra spoke up in his place, answering the girl's question for the second time in a row. '' I'm EXO's bestie so I'm here quite frequently. I'm like the 13th member of the band.''

Ji Yeon nodded and smiled, ''I see.'', visibly relieved by the fact that Ae Ra wasn't a threat to her.

The other guys who were watching all the scene who took place right in front of them cleared their throat and as JongIn warned Yixing that they were starting soon and wished the black-haired would warm up first as they waited for JongDae and MinSeo to arrive.

MinSeok loved Ae Ra a lot so knowing she was suffering hurt him deep down. The past month he was always late at practice and made stupid mistakes. Sometimes he would also start spacing-out. He never spoke to Yixing after that and if he did, it was because it was necessary to and that he couldn't avoid it.

In the middle of their stretching, the door was lazily opened revealing a brown head with an orange one following closely behind who was looking at the floor the entire time. Ae Ra turned around and beamed when she saw her Oppas.

She run and jumped, enveloping MinSeok and JongDae in a tight hug as she beamed at them. ''JongDae Oppa, MinSeok Oppa !! How are you ??? I missed you guys so so much !!''

JongDae immediately returned the hug as he was now wearing an happy smile. ''We missed you like crazy ! I'm glad, you seem okay now'' He let her go, content to see that she was finally lively like before. He watched as MinSeok wasn't moving let alone breathing normally, the orange haired was so shocked that he didn't even react to her hug. JongDae rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, ''This guy here was like a zombie this past month, he was like a lost puppy without you so if you could, ya know, cheer him up that would be great.''

She smiled and nodded, approaching MinSeok and held his cheeks in both hands. ''I'm back, MinSeok Oppa. I'm good now, I'm okay. I'm sorry for not telling you nor the others anything and disappearing like that. I'm also sorry for never answering all your messages and calls even though I knew you were worried. I'm sorry, I won't do it again, I promise. Now, hug me back will you ?''

She hugged him once again but this time, MinSeok returned the warm embrace, happiness spreading all over his body. It's been a month he didn't see her but now she was here, hugging him and by the way she looked, she was able to be happy again.

''Hey MinMin ! You're crushing me. Haha, calm down.''

He reluctantly let her go and stared at her, blue orbs meeting chocolate ones and never stopping their eye-contact. MinSeok finally let the tears he held for the past month, freely letting them run on his face. With a shaky voice, he let out only five words. ''Don't do it again, never.''

She smiled and wiped his tears away as she cooed playfully. ''Aigoo, such a crybaby you are ! I swear I won't. Pinky Promise ?''

Normally he would've felt mocked and would have bickered back but he was too relieved to care now and he nodded as he smiled for the first time in the month. ''Pinky promise.''

 

 

 

 

They had finished earlier than planned and Ji Yeon had to go before them since something urgent came up. They were packing theirs things while chatting with Ae Ra, MinSeok never leaving her side. They went outside and went to a restaurant all eating joyfully. Even though no one had bothered with Yixing the past weeks, tonight it seemed like they were all on friendly terms again. They all had noticed, Yixing included, they only needed Ae Ra to be there with them to bring them joy and laugh, like a magical spell.

As the enjoying night came to end, they both had to separate themselves and go home. Since Ae Ra's home was quite far away, Yixing had always accompanied here. He ruffled his neck as he looked away both shyly and reluctantly. Aish, I don't have a choice right ? It's always me to do it anyway and I don't want to be on blame if something happens to her because I didn't go with her.

As Yixing started approaching Ae Ra and tried to call out to her, he was interrupted by someone who stole his words from him.

''Hey Ae Ra, let's go ! I'll walk you home !''

She smiled at the owner of the voice and nodded happily, ''Sure ! Thank you, MinMin Oppa !''

Yixing froze in place. It was his duty to walk her home, he always did. Why did MinSeok stole his place ? He was supposed to walk her to home not him. Suddenly a though flashed across his mind, making him even more stunned. Now that he was closely paying attention to the situation he was in, she didn't call him Oppa anymore. In fact she always smiled warmly at the others and called everyone else Oppa but when she addressed him, she only gave him a polite small smile and hesitantly said his name. It's as if he had lost a place in her heart, as if....the closeness they had before had completely disappeared through the past weeks they didn't see each other. Yes he didn't call nor message her like the others did but that didn't mean that now they could take his place ! The place where he was the one to be by her side, to walk her out to home, hug her and be called Oppa happily. Normally it was always him to be near her but it looked like MinSeok took the chance, thinking he could take his place. Hmpf, as if. He scoffed walked up to the two friends and put an hand on MinSeok's shoulder. ''It's okay, I can take her there. I know the way better than any of you.''

MinSeok rolled his eyes at the pathetic act of 'jealousy' or maybe 'possessiveness' Yixing was giving him. it. ''It's okay Yixing. Plus, she'll only have to show me the way, right Ae Ra-yah ?''

She nodded softly but Yixing wasn't going to let them get away, not like that. ''It's okay, I won't be bothered so let me---'' But he was interrupted by Ae Ra who hold out her hand to preventing him from retorting.

''Don't worry Yixing. I'm safe with MinSeok Oppa, and I have to show him something at home so he'll have to enter there anyway.''

The black-haired gritted his teeth in irritation as he was slightly becoming angered by the fact that Ae Ra had personally rejected him. For another. ''But---''

She interrupted him again not letting him the time to protest further. ''Yixing, it's okay. Plus, didn't something urgent came up to Ji Yeon ? Shouldn't you call her right now and be there for her if needed ? Go. I don't need you to take care of me anymore. That time's over.''

No one uttered a word, only the sound of the wind and the other guy's voices were heard. JongIn who overheard the conversation came up behind Ae Ra and put an arm around her shoulder securely, ''If you insist that much I'll with them too. Now don't stress out anymore Hyung and go see Ji Yeon.''

Yixing couldn't find anything to say as he was too stunned beyond words to answer JongIn's counterattack.