Story 3: Late Night Visit

4 Seasons: After Story
Please log in to read the full chapter
An early update because I'm just happy with the comments I receive for the last chapter and this is a gift for my dearest readers^^

Doojoon went home late today or should I say-super late today. Usually he would texted or called me if something came up at work but not today. My phone had been silent for all day long except for one call from Mrs. Lee, asking me to go to work on Wednesday or tomorrow. I could feel something big coming up at work and I might have to stay at office for days. I couldn’t be able to see him except for tonight. But, where was he? I had been walking around the door, waiting for any sound from the door but none of it could be heard. I had been calling his cell a few times but none of my calls connected.

“Shut it!! I’m coming to him!!” I changed my pajamas to my casual clothes and went to parking lot. I drove Doojoon’s car because that key was the key I could find on the table. Since it was late at night, the road was a less crowded and I could arrive at Doojoon’s work place in 20 minutes. I went up to Doojoon’s place and found the place was a little bit dim and silent for all of the workers already went home except for the security and other night shift staff. This was my first time to Doojoon’s work place so I’m not that familiar with it. I knew what floor his office at but I didn’t know which room his in. I opened the door one by one and found an empty desk until I found one room with so many picture frames on the shelf. I came in uninvited and looked at the shelf, it was filled with picture of little Doojoon with his parents.

“Look at this cute little kid.” I said as I looked at smiling little Doojoon with one of his teeth missing. There were other pictures such as my and Doojoon wedding picture, his wedding picture, their family picture, many more. I guess Mr. Yoon really love his wife and Doojoon and me because somehow he found my kid photos. Maybe my mother gave it to him? I put the picture back to its own place and went out, looking for the other door. I almost at the last door when I finally found one office with lights on and head on top of the table.

“Doojoonie..” I sneaked in and careful not to make any sound because I didn’t want to wake him up. He must have a hard day at work for him to pass out on his work table like this. I looked at him who sleep on top papers and almost drool at it if I didn’t move the papers away from him. I sat on the chair in front of him and looked at him, staring at his sleeping face. He head frown on his face and his lips looked dry.

“Thank God you don’t come home in this condition.” I moved to his drawer and looked for something fluffy for him to sleep at. I found nothing beside a bunch of suit and papers on his drawer. With one heavy sigh I went back to Mr. Yoon office and took pillow from his bed since he had bed beside his office. How cool was that? Why Doojoon didn’t have bed next to his office too? It would be more efficient and healthy for him to sleep whenever his body gave up. Maybe I should ask Mr. Yoon for it one day. I went back in and put the pillow under Doojoon’s head very carefully. One thing I never did was to wake Doojoon up when he was this tired. It wasn’t because of his temper or moodiness but simply because I didn’t want to. I had a weak spot for tired Doojoon and because I just love to stare at him on his sleep.

“Don’t frown on your sleep or you will get old very easily you idiot.” I said as I poke on his cheek very gently, trying hard not to wake him up.

“Now.. What should I do?” I thought. This was my first time to Doojoon office so I didn’t know what to do besides looking around which I already did. Doojoon’s office was the opposite of my workplace or studio. My studio was messy with a lot of pictures, paints, brushes, and palettes scattered on the ground while in here, nothing on the lying on the ground beside one pen which I’m pretty sure it was rolled out from Doojoon fingers. My drawers filled with sketch books and unused brushed while Doojoon’s drawer filled with organized files. The floor was shining clean while the floor on my studio full with paint stains. I couldn’t even find any blank paper or pencil to sketch in this office. Doojoonie, what kind of place you live on 5 days or sometimes 6 days in a week?!  This room screamed boring and plain all over it. The only thing I like from this room was the big window behind Doojoon. It showed beautiful late night scenery with stars, moon, and city lights. It was so beautiful but I got nothing to sketch in. With heavy heart, I just took the picture with my phone from every angle I could and save it.

“Doojoonie!! Wake up!!” 2 hours passed by and soon the clock turned 3 in the morning but the sleeping man still didn’t show any sign of waking up. He didn’t even move from his position. I knew I said it before that I had weak spot for this Doojoon but not this time. I was too bored and too sleepy to be in this room any longer. I wanted to spent time with Doojoon not spent time with sleeping Doojoon. I had to be in the office 6 hours from now and I won’t go without spending time with Doojoon at least 3 hours before I was gone from home for 2 or 3 days. I just remember that our company had an Art Annual Festival two months from this day. This festival was a big deal for the company I worked at since it was like the greatest art festival on earth featuring more than 200 pictures from all over the world in one place which meant days of filtering pictures and planning. The last years I did this, I was an intern and it was really hectic even for me and now since I was one of the committee, it would be much harder for me to move my feet from my office let alone to come home.

“Doojoonie!! Wake up!! Wake up!!” Frustrat

Please log in to read the full chapter