Story 5: The night without stars (Part.2)

4 Seasons: After Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

It’s been 5 days since Dr. Park said that Doojoon condition is getting better and he could wake up any time. I had always been by his side since then but Doojoon still not open his eyes or even show little movement. All I could get from Doojoon was the sound of his breath and nothing else. Eunji has been calling me since 2 days ago asking for my presence at the office for a meeting with one prospect client from America but how could I? Even though I did go to that meeting, I’m pretty sure all of mind still focusing on Doojoon and him only. Today is Saturday and also the day when Doojoon had the most visitors to see him. For the last month I had been there in that room with them but not today. I could feel the consequences of all sleepless night I had for the past weeks. I woke up with a horrible feeling not only in my head but my stomach or basically all over my body.

“You need to sleep Yoseob. Rest your body and mind for a bit.” Mr. Yoon said on one of his weekend visit. I did feel really terrible right now but no matter how hard I try I just couldn’t sleep at night.

“Maybe tonight..” If I could sleep that is.. Mr. Yoon stayed until night and he didn’t leave without me finishing the food he bought.

“I will take my leave now. Take care Yoseob and please keep me updated to Doojoon’s condition, okay? Remember to sleep and eat okay?” I nod my head and bid him goodbye before I went back to Doojoon’s room. Now since Mr. Yoon and most of the visitors went home this room felt kind of cold and empty once again. The only thing interesting enough was the view of night sky from the window. During one of my late night visit to Doojoon’s office the sky was so beautiful with the moon and the stars. But now, all I could see was black and trace of cloud floating in the sky. There were no stars or moon present and I wonder if that sky was describing how I felt right now. I felt so cold and lonely without Doojoon by my side. With Doojoon everything was so bright and so warm, even the coldest winter last year didn’t feel so cold with Doojoon. But now, everything was different. I didn’t even go back to the apartment because it wasn’t my home if Doojoon wasn’t there. I know I’m being childish and unreasonable but I just couldn’t take it.

“Please wake up soon Doojoon-ah.. I beg you.. Please.. Come back to me..”  Every time-Every single time I couldn’t stop my tears whenever night came and I realized that I just spent another day without Doojoon. My hold on Doojoon’s left hand tightening as I brought it closer and cry as loud as I can. I just-couldn’t take it anymore.. I didn’t even know how many weeks it had been since Doojoon was brought here and I didn’t even know how many times I cried already. Doojoon was the center of my world and without him I’m broke. Just like sun for the earth, without it the earth itself wouldn’t survive for another day.

“I’m tired.. I’m really tired Doojoonie.. So please.. Wake up..” I’m tired.. My body said so and my mind said so and no matter how hard I resist it, I was too weak to fight against the world. I could feel my body and brain shutting down as my hold on his hand loosening and my head slowly found its place on Doojoon’s bed. I struggling to let my eyes open but it was useless as my vision slowly turn black and body went limp. The next time I woke up, the sun was high in the sky and the silent hospital was noisy again just like yesterday.

“N-Noisy..” Urgh.. My head hurt from all this noise.  

“Really noisy indeed.” Yeah.. Why’s it so noisy anyw-Wait a minute-Who? I rub my eyes and couldn’t believe with what I saw in front of me. Doojoonie was there, eyes wide open and staring at me.

“D-Doo-Doojoonie..” Doojoonie.. He’s awake!! He’s finally awake!! I couldn’t even describe how hap-

“Who are you?” –py I am. Huh?

“H-Hahaha.. You’re joking right now right Doojoonie? T-There’s no way you wi-/I’m sorry but I really don’t remember anything. I don’t even remember my own name. ” No way.. This couldn’t be happening right now!! Dear God.. Why? Why?

“Hey, are you alright? You call me Doojonie earlier, is that my name?” Doojoonie.. He forgot everything.. I could felt heavy weight pushing me down to the ground. It felt like there was a plane fell down on me and it made me realize that I might not surviv

Please log in to read the full chapter