Story 2: Cupcake and Man

4 Seasons: After Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I’m home.” I said with tired voice. I had a very rough day at work today and now all I wanted to do was to sleep.

“Welcome home Doojoonie!!” But, how could I? When I had this wonderful person waiting for me with warm dinner freshly cooked on the table. As usual Yoseob wore that apron Gikwang gave him 3 months ago. It was a very simple white apron with a little bit of lace on the side and for some reason Yoseob had grew so attached to it. Which was very weird because I always see Yoseob as a man who loves colors but here he was treasuring the simple white apron like it was his baby.  

“Nice smell.. Did you bake cake again today?” Sweet smell lingering on the air and the butter cream on his cheek told another story. I kissed him once before I went to the kitchen and looked at a line of cupcakes with a very colorful color frosting.

“Yes. It’s only a simple cupcake but as usual I mess it up.” Yoseob had tried to bake nowadays. At noon he would went to Gikwang for recipe and at night he would tried to bake it. Well to be honest, it was my fault to begin with. On his birthday I baked him a birthday cake and he loved it. I didn’t know what was going on his mind after that day because since then I would came home with sweet smell on the air.

“I don’t know, it looks very nice to me.” I took one of the cupcake with pearl candy on it and took small bite from it.  I still remember the first cake he baked very clearly, it was very nice to look at but the taste was wrong in every way. 

“Hmm.. It’s delicious!!” These cupcakes must be his first success in baking because it tasted like how cupcakes should be.

“Really? YEYYYY!!!” He took a bite on the other side of my cupcake happily and I let him ate all of it. Yoseob still not a good baker but he was heading to the right path of baking now.

“From now on, I won’t let you bake me a cake again Doojoonie because I will be the one to bake it for you.” Yoseob couldn’t stop smiling as he ate his pasta.

“Yes, Yes.. I’ll be waiting for your next masterpiece baby.” Tonight Yoseob cooked me simple tomato pasta with baby spinach on it and it was very delicious as usual. Then, I told him about my day at work which was filled with meetings and files. Meetings and signing files were my daily routine at work but today was different because it the meetings went longer than I thought and the files doubled in amount because of my father absence. However, all of weight on my shoulder was gone like a smoke when I came home and spent time with Yoseob.

“I will come back soon.” I was just arrived at the sink to put my dirty plate in when Yoseob gone to our room to answer his phone. After our marriage, I told Yoseob to stop working and be housewife but he insisted on continuing his job as a curator and painter. Most of the time Yoseob would came to office when he needed. On the other time, he would take side job to paint whatever his client asked for. I finished washing dishes on my own since Yoseob took long time with his phone and I just relaxing on the couch with two cupcakes on my hand. Not long after that, Yoseob sat down beside me with one heavy sigh and took one of the cupcake from my hand, eating it with frown on his face.

“What’s wrong?”  

“Mr. Kwon just asked me if I can paint him tomorrow.” I choked and coughed so hard causing the half-eaten cupcake fell to the ground.

“W-What?”

“Mr. Kwon asked me to paint him tomorrow. It’s kind of expected from him though because he once asked me to do body paint before.” B-Body paint? T-That body paint?!

“I just don’t understand why he needs me to do it so urgently tomorrow.” Oh My God.. Why Yoseob never told me about this?

“Why you never told me about this?” I just couldn’t stop imagining the picture of Yoseob with Mr. Kwon whose age probably double of his age in his studio.

“Why should I tell you about that? It’s just a body painting. It’s just like drawing a small tattoo really.” No, it’s not!!

“But-you-no-Still, you should tell me about that. What if he lock you inside and then touching you and the-/ Nothing of what you imagine happened to me. Believe me.” Believe you? How could I when so many things could go wrong.

“Then, show it to me.”

“What?”

“Show it to me. Paint my body and proof it to me that nothing weird can possibly happen between the two of you.” This might be crazy but until I could see nothing potentially happen to Yoseob, I couldn’t stay calm. Even now, I could still feel anger to him because he never told me about this matter.

“You want me to body paint you?”

“Yes, whatever you name it. I’m pretty pissed off right now to you Yoseob since you never told me something this important.”

“Wha-/Do you ever imagine how I feel if something happen to you?! Not everybody in this world is nice like Gikwang, Yoseob. Even though Mr. Kwon just like your father, anything still could happen to you before you even know it. And to think that you did something like body painting to him in your studio and didn’t tell me about it, I feel cheated. I feel like you betrayed me with him. I-I don’t know why I feel this way but-you are important to me Yoseob. I don’t want to think about it but my mind keep show that image to me and I-don’t like it. I don’t like it at all..” I hate to be this kind of person and showed it to Yoseob but I feel really terrible right now. Yoseob never told me he can do something like b

Please log in to read the full chapter