Adventure Nº3

A dream as old as Time

I woke up. I had spent my first night in EXO's dorm, I mean, my dorm.

The house was quiet, so I thought either the boys were still asleep ( which was quite probable, it was still 6 a.m) or they already left ( which was also possible because idols have to practice at least 14 hours a day, it's in our contract). 

I took a quick shower, got dressed and went down stairs. Honestly, the house was just too silent, when it was like this it looked scary, last night the house just felt warm and cosy, but when empty and silent it felt cold and unwelcoming. I felt a shiver down my spine as I walked towards the kitchen, it's then when I notice ten pairs of eyes gazing at me, most accompanied with a smile. 

"Look who's finally awake" Jongin said. Suddenly the house felt warm again, warm like cinnamon and homemade cake and spices and apple pie and all those really nice things we always see as candle scents. 

"Good morning, I thought you weren't home... The house was so silent "

"Look at you calling our dorm home" Sehun said

"Sorry?..."

"It's okay I forgive you"

Kyungsoo pinched Sehun's arm.

"It's your home now too Catherine" Baekhyun said.

"I really do prefer Cath... Catherine sounds so...old." I said. He smiled and took a sip from his coffee. He probably liked it really sweet, because he had around a ton of whipped cream, it overflowed his Mickey Mouse mug.

"I like Catherine more. It sounds personal and unique. It feels like ice cream when you say it, like it twirls and melts in your lips." he said. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, like he was an alien.

"Please let me use that in a song" he said. I thought for a minute, trying to remember where Kyungsoo told me the bowls where, I took one, filled it with cereal and milk and sat down next to Joonmyeon.

"So... Today is movie night!" Baekhyun said smiling "And I'm choosing the movie..." he then looked at Zitao.

"I'm sleeping out tonight" he said, his accent was extremely funny, Baekhyun laughed.

"I'm sleeping out tonight!!" he mimicked, I giggled.

"Don't despair Tao" Minseok said "Maybe Cath doesn't like horror movies." he finished. Ten pairs of eyes glared at me.

"I'm sorry Tao... But I love horror movies" I said smiling, Tao sighed. Baekhyun got up and grabbed my shoulders, shaking them lightly.

"That's my girl!" he said. I smiled and tried to play it cool, like his hands on my shoulder meant nothing. Honestly I don't really know what it meant, but it was definitely not nothing.

"Horror movie it is then" Jongdae said smiling.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHtOaz-EimF2Xfq-RQ4V4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHtOaz-EimF2Xfq-RQ4V4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHtOaz-EimF2Xfq-RQ4V4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHtOaz-EimF2Xfq-RQ4V4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHtOaz-EimF2Xfq-RQ4V4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHtOaz-EimF2Xfq-RQ4V4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHtOaz-EimF2Xfq-RQ4V4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHtOaz-EimF2Xfq-RQ4V4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHtOaz-EimF2Xfq-RQ4V4

"C'mon you can do better than that!" my singing teacher placed her hand on my back, straightening it. "Don't forget posture! Also, the way you're singing is literally dead. There's no emotion, no power, no feeling, you're just saying notes in a particular tune! REPEAT!"

It was so hard... I have had dancing and singing lessons all of my life, but usually teacher would praise me and only point out small details they said "didn't really matter", well... apparently they did. It was just my first day as an SM trainee and I was already being pushed to the limit. I sat down on the floor, eating my lunch. I simply refused to get out of the practicing room. It was empty since everyone was at the cafeteria, lunching. I finished the sandwich I bought on my way here (the boys offered me a ride, but I felt too much like a burden and Korea has a pretty good subway system) and started practicing once again. Suddenly I heard a knock on the door.

"Can I come in?" Jongin asked. I paused the music and looked at him, nodding. "Why aren't you lunching?"

"I just had a sandwich... I want to practice this choreography"

"What are you doing?"

"SHINee's Lucifer... Gosh, it's so damn hard!" he smiled.

"I can help you! I also learnt it during my trainee days, it's sort of a classic dance around here" 

"Thanks" 

He mouthed a "You're welcome" and clicked on the stereo. The music started and I danced along to it, he didn't pause it once. 

"It's pretty good actually... You were able to make the dance a bit more feminine, which is honestly really cool... But..." he walked towards me and placed one of his hands on my right arm extending it, he let his hand slide towards my own, closing it into a fist. His touch was soft yet strong, like how I always thought a man's touch should feel like. "You forgot to close your hands in this step, you should make a fist" He then let go of my arm and did the step, with his hands curled into fists. I smiled, he could have just shown me the step to be honest, the whole touchy-touchy situation was kind of unnecessary, but still very enjoyed I guess... I mean I was in EXO-L's heaven, dancing with Kim Jongin, it was literally the most fanfic dream like moment I have ever experimented. I redid the step "That's more like it" He said smiling and then pulled out his phone "The members were all wondering what was your number... We want to have it, you know, for emergencies and such... Could you share it?" I spelled my phone number, he saved and smiled. "I have to go now... Music Bank awaits us, see you later Cath!" he said as he left the building.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHtOaz-EimF2Xfq-RQ4V4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHtOaz-EimF2Xfq-RQ4V4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHtOaz-EimF2Xfq-RQ4V4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHtOaz-EimF2Xfq-RQ4V4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHtOaz-EimF2Xfq-RQ4V4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHtOaz-EimF2Xfq-RQ4V4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHtOaz-EimF2Xfq-RQ4V4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHtOaz-EimF2Xfq-RQ4V4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHtOaz-EimF2Xfq-RQ4V4

"How many bags should I prepare?" I asked Joonmyeon.

"Five salty and seven sweet " he answered. I nodded and hummed, preparing the 5 big bowls to fill with pop corn. We were going to watch the Chainsaw Massacre, I don't know which of them. I only watched one because it was too bloody and gory for me when I watched it, I was ten after all... But when Baekhyun texted me saying it was either this movie or The Conjuring, I had to choose the one I hadn't watched. Hopefully this one would be scarier. Giving my number to Jongin was a really good idea, all the boys texted me during the day, most of the time about the most stupid things. I discovered that Chanyeol and Zitao really like sending pictures of what they're doing, knowing this I asked them if they had Snapchat. That was a bad move, they didn't know about it so I taught them what it was and advised them to download it. After that I received pictures the whole day... Thank you Korea for having wi-fi literally everywhere.

The microwave beeped and I removed the big bags of popcorn, opening them and filling the bowls. There was enough popcorn to feed an entire nation... Jongin, Baekhyun, Minseok and Sehun helped me carry the bowls to the living room, where the other boys were already comfortably sit. Except for Zitao, he was sitting at the edge of the couch, holding a huge baby blue teddy bear and covered by a blanket, you could see the fear in the poor boy's eyes. I sat down next to Joonmyeon and Baekhyun sat next to me, since I kept my bowl, us three would be sharing the popcorn.

Sehun grabbed the remote and clicked play.

* One hour later *

We were almost out of popcorn, Baekhyun ate like crazy.... For every popcorn me and Joonmyeon ate, Baekhyun would eat twenty. The film was super scary so far, even I, a scary movie lover, screamed in certain parts, whenever I did so Baekhyun would smile.

"I thought you had a high tolerance to scary movies"

"I'm not scared!"

"Then why the girly screams?" 

I would try to come up with something witty and funny.

"It's just that sometimes I look at your face and it scares me more than the movie"

Clearly, I would fail

"That was honestly so lame it didn't even hurt..." he would say.

"Just shut up..." I would reply. Without saying a word, he would caress my arm gently, ever so slightly, just to show that he's there, if I need him. I appreciated that gesture. 

The movie ended and I looked at the boys, Sehun and Chanyeol fell asleep, Zitao was looking at the screen blankly. I got up and went next to him.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I don't know..."

"It's just a movie... There's nothing to be scared about." I looked at his teddy bear, Zitao was holding onto it like a child holds onto their mother's legs on the first day of pre-school. I smiled "I know it's scary, I watch horror movies all the time and this one scared me as well..." I looked back and saw Baekhyun grinning, I sighed, admitting defeat "But it's just a movie"

"I can handle them when they have to do with demons and ghosts and such you know? Because even if they exist they're not near me and they shouldn't be able to affect me unless I buy one of those creepy looking dolls... But this is a human being! Like, that man could be outside our house, waiting for us to fall asleep just to kill us with that malefic chainsaw of his!" I looked outside, by instinct. Nothing but trees and darkness, I sighed once again.

"I promise you he isn't..." I guaranteed."And if he was you could kick his with some of your really cool wushu stuff!" Zitao sighed and his grip on the blue teddy bear loosened, just a bit.

" Can wushu even win against a chainsaw? " 

"Probably not, but it can give us time to call the police"

"Really?"

"Probably"

"Are you sure?"

No, of course not... Your feet would get cut off!

"Yes, I am... Now, shall we go to sleep?" 

"I think I'll sleep downstairs tonight. You know... to protect you guys with my wushu skills" Zitao said, his voice full of sarcasm.

"Okay, maybe wushu would not save us... But there's nothing to be save from! Let's go!" I said and grabbed his teddy bear, pulling it and dragging Tao along. 

I said goodnight to the boys and went to my room, while I was turning the knob I felt a presence. My heart started beating faster as I turned around nervously. It was just Zitao. I sighed.

"Scarred you?" he asked. He sort of gave me a heart attack, but I decided not to give in. "See? It's that damn movie!"

"What do you want Zitao?"

"I just wanted to thank you..." he said and smiled. He looked really cute when he smiled, specially in real life.

"For?"

"For making me feel better... Or trying to at least... It worked I guess, in a weird way..."

" You don't have to thank me for that" Gosh, Tao looked really good in this dim light " It was my pleasure"

"Goodnight Cath" he said, flashing that blinding smile of his.

"Goodnight" I replied, giving him my best smile as well.

I jumped onto my bed and sighed. It had been such tiring, yet amazing day.

If all of my days living with these guys were going to be like this, I could certainly get used to it.