Adventure Nº 1

A dream as old as Time

Cath's POV

"Did you pack warm clothes?" 

No, I was thinking on wearing a bikini the whole year...

" Yes"

"How about ? Did you pack enough of those?" I turned around and arched an eyebrow at the woman in front of me. 

"Don't look at me that way! A lady can never run out of fresh , what if the bloody sergeant comes and you're not ready? You should always be prepared!"

"Okay mom. First : That's something really gross to say right now with dad listening" 

Besides the fact that is super embarrassing...

 "And second : it's not like Korea is all out of underwear!"

I always hated the word "", it sounds so erted.

"Your mom is just freaking out... "

"You should be freaking out too honey! Our Cath will leave and probably never come back"

My mom was so melodramatic... Seriously it looked like I was going to the army.

"I will come back... At least on tour. I mean we live in London, when I become famous I probably will perform here"

I said and smiled. My parents both looked at me  with that "She grew up so fast" look than only parents know how to make. I zipped my bag and my dad helped me carry it down the stairs. I would be living on my own tomorrow... On my own and in Korea... In a dorm... With other young SM trainees... Gosh...

My mom hugged me for the five hundredth time just today and very gently ( because she knows my neck is extremely sensitive) whispered "But for real do you really bring enough ?" that made me laugh. I got of the door and entered the taxi. The taxi that would lead me to my dreams. Well... Sort of... Not really... Only to the airport. 

Third person POV

"How do you think she'll be when she finds out?" her mom asked. Her dad followed the black and yellow taxi with his eyes.

"I don't know honey... But I hope she reacts well..." he answered.

"It'll be a big shock... Finding out you have a sister is a big shock..."

"It will also be a big shock for Yoona... Hopefully everything will turn out alright." Both her parents smiled at each other and hoped they were right.

Cath's POV

I was sitting next to this really buff man. To be honest he was kind of scary and smelled like vinegar. It certainly wouldn't be a nice trip if I had to sit next to him the whole 12 hours of this flight. Thankfully there was a mistake and the man was sitting in the wrong seat.  Right when I thought no one would sit next to me I felt the smell of men's cologne and saw a really tall and slim body sitting on the chair attached to mine. I didn't want to look at his face, I was afraid to make awkward and most certainly unwanted eye contact. But I couldn't help it. And that's when I noticed that the man sitting next to me was no other than Kai himself. I'm not going to lie, as an EXO-L I was pretty dead. Yes. You heard me. Dead. D-E-A-D. He looked even better in real life. With all his Korean EXO glory. His cheek bones were high and well defined, but not too much, to the point where he still had really cute cheeks. His lips were full and pink. His eyes were... Well his eyes were covered with sunglasses but I was pretty sure they were also dreamier in real life... I then noticed that I had entered fangirl mode and it was time to deactivate and stop gazing at the beautiful Korean man sitting next to ME. I was looking for way to long, it went from "Hey I'm looking at you 'cuz I'm just really curious" to "I love you oppa marry! me pls!" really quick and I didn't exactly like the second stage that much...

There was a TV and a pair of headphones for each seat, I didn't really like airplane headphones so I just brought my own. The regular person inside me wanted to watch The Conjuring, it wasn't as bloody or scary as I'd wish but it was the only horror movie they had available. But the EXO-L inside me wanted to just watch an EXO music video so that the boy next to me would realize I actually am a huge fan of his work. I had to fight that urge though.

I was accepted to be an SM trainee, I could not embarrass myself in front of one of my favorite idols that I would, probably, hopefully, be working with in the future. So I just watched the Conjuring instead.

To be honest, it was boring... Same old exorcism stuff I have seen so many times... With exorcism, at least for me, it was always a hit or miss, and lately there were a lot more misses than hits. It was so boring that I decided to look, once again, to the boy next to me ( and yes I'll use the boredom I was receiving from the movie as an excuse to look at Kim Jongin. Why? Because I can. Ha-ha-ha )

He was talking to the flight attendant, and she looked a bit lost, like she wasn't understanding what he was saying. I pushed my head phones ever so slightly , just enough for me to able to hear what they were talking about.

"I'm sorry I can't understand what you're saying Sir. " said the flight attendant, in English.

"I'm sorry, I can't understand you Miss...I don't speak English... " said Kai, in Korean.

This was my time to shine! I smiled.

"Excuse me" both Kai and the attendant looked at me. I felt a little pressured, just for a second. "I might be able to help" the lady smiled at me. "I speak both Korean and English, so I'm capable of translating"

"Thank you very much Miss" the flight attendant said. I wondered where Kai's manager was... Shouldn't Kai, a pop star, always have a guard, or a translator? I breathed deeply and tried to calm my self.

"Hello! My name is Catherine and since the flight attendant doesn't know Korean I was wondering if maybe you'd like me to help you communicate with her." I said, in my coolest voice and smiled brightly. Kai smiled.

"Hi. Yeah... I've been trying to tell her that my seat has no head phones, but I guess my English just really ..." he said and scratched his neck, smiling. I smiled back. He looked rather nervous. Maybe he is as shy as some fans think... I turned to the attendant and explained her the situation.

"Oh... There must be a mistake then... I'm sorry, but there are no other headphones available, every seat has only one pair and all of the seats are taken... I'm extremely sorry. Please have a good flight." she said while smiling, and left. Kai turned to me.

"They don't have any more headphones... All the seats are taken..." I said. He looked kind of sad, but still smiled.

"Oh... Thank you anyway, it was very nice of you to help me." he said and turned to his phone. It was then when I had this brilliant idea.  I tapped his shoulder.

"I brought my own headphones... So if you want to you can use the ones that came with my seat." 

I smiled.

"Really?"

His eyes beamed with light. I smiled more brightly.

"Of course. I'm not using them after all"

You grabbed your headphones.

"Thank you so much! You're really nice"

He bowed slightly. 

This wouldn't be that bad of a flight after all...



I didn't speak with Kai again the whole flight. It wasn't weird though. I finished watching the conjuring and watched three other horror movies I had downloaded onto my phone. The industry is getting poor lately, horror movies get less scary each time a new one comes out.

I stepped for the first time in Korea. I breathed deeply, letting all the fresh Korean air (I swear this isn't supposed to sound racist... I'm Korean after all). I smiled.

"Home sweet home"

There was a cab already waiting for me. I entered it and it took me directly to the SM building. I still had certain papers to sign and I still didn't know where my dorm was and with whom I would be living.

I entered it and I almost felt like crying, it was so overwhelming. Suddenly I felt like my dream was more reachable than it has ever been, it was close I could almost smell it,taste it, feel it . I already saw myself entering this building every single day of my life, dancing in front of that beautiful cloudy background.

I looked at my right and saw a group of boys coming, Kai was in the front laughing, when he suddenly stopped. He looked at me, surprise was written on his face.

"I did not think I would see you here" he said when he got next to me. I smiled.

"I guess destiny wanted us to see each other again" I said teasingly.

"Well... I guess I'll see you around then"

"Bye"

Just as we said goodbye to each other a man came and asked me to follow him into a room.

"So I guess the only thing we haven't discussed is your dorm."

My ears perked. A jolt of electricity ran through my body as I got really excited and curious to know whom I would be spending most of my night and free days with.

"There is a small problem..."

"What?" Problem? That wasn't exactly a word my ears wanted to hear about this issue.

"Well, we have no international trainees right now and our Korean trainees live in their own houses. So renting a dorm just for you is an extra expense that isn't necessarily worth it. There is ,however, a dorm that currently has two unutilized rooms."

I crossed my fingers under the table, waiting for the man to tell me which dorm I would be living in.

"The thing is... it is a boys dorm."

I don't mind.

"They're already quite a popular band."

I seriously don't mind at all

"You will be living in EXO's dorm"

Sure, I don't mind at al-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wait....

 

 

 

 

 

What? Me? Living in EXO's dorm? WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL?! My body is not ready! I know this is like every EXO-L's dream but like, no fan actually expects this to happen to her! I DID NOT VOLUNTEER FOR THIS!

"Are you alright? You look a bit pale..."

That's because you just told me like the most mind blowing thing you could ever say to a fangirl.

"I'm okay... When will I be moving in?"

What I actually meant was, do I have time to get mentally prepared, in a dim lit hotel room ,with closed windows, where I can escape from the world and sacrifice the fangirl inside me?

"Today. The room is ready and the boys were already told about you coming today."

Really? Do they know it's me? How did they react? Oh my freaking god this is just too much... I swallowed nonexistent saliva.

"Okay... I'm ready. We can go now if you want to..."

I was going to be living with EXO.

I would share a bathroom with my bias group.

I would listen to Baekhyun singing in the morning.

I would listen to D.O telling Baekhyun to shut up.

I would live with the hottest guys in Seol...

Me... Only me...

This is going to be a hell of a ride... I better buckle up my seat belt.

FIRST CHAPTER <3 Not sure how I feel~~ I felt like doing a story in the first person, but I'm not sure if this is the right way to go.. anyways... this is just the beginning <3  If you like the story please comment and subscribe ^-^ Every single one of your comments will be cherished and answered <3 Love you all very much!!