what's in front of your eyes is real.

Peeled.

The Sword that Jiyong gave him, he slings it on his back. Its not as heavy as his sword, but the burden of holding it is something else. For once, Seungyoon feels like someone is riding behind him. The sword is something that YangKwon hold onto since the first time he met him. Jiyong never rises, it, more over took it out of its scabbard. But one thing for sure is that He always carries it anywhere with him.

 

“It's sooner than what I thought,” Seungyoon rides faster every time he gains some few steps closer to the castle. Passing through the crowd and screams, He tries to concentrate on his mission. Thinking about the YangKwon last word at him, his heart aches. ‘Forever in your debt’ He’s now not only the Young General of Yang Kingdom, but also a person who’s the King owes a life for.

 

WHOOOSH

 

As he feels a sudden breeze pass in front of his face Seungyoon pulled the Rein, and stops riding. He looked back, and realize just how many steps he’s away from the castle. It won't take much, he just has to continue the pace for a little bit and he will soon reach the castle’s gate.

 

“AAAAAh!! Oh My! Oh my!!!”.

 

“NO! No!! this is—“

 

“Oh My God!!!! AAAAAAH!!!!!!!

 

 

People around him start to scream around. Seungyoon is the only one who sits on a horseback, and so as he look down on people, he can clearly see their frightened face and confusion. People who are almost a few steps away from the inside of the kingdom stops running and look back. And when they look back, they can only hang their mouths and widened their eyes. It can be followed by Tears or screams.

 

Seungyoon followed the eyes of the people, and ended up looking up at the sky.

“No…” And for Seungyoon, A tear is what followed the mouths and the eyes. 

In front of hundreds of people, A head embedded on the edge of the Kingdom’s obelisk. And the head belongs to their beloved YangKwon Jiyong.

 

He is tempted to get out of his horse, and do something for the sake of his kingdom’s ruler. But then he remembers his last word again, telling him to go back to the castle. That more than anything else, it's a word that a general cannot betray. The King’s last word.

 

He just stops and salute at it. He hold on to the tears, wanting to respect the late king, he stomp on the rein, continue his mission.

“YangKwon Jiyong,”

“There’s no sinner deserve to be portrayed like that”

 

 

………………………………..

 

 

WHAM

 

“Jinwoo!!!!” Taehhyun slams the door with his feet. 

He finally found the HanYang, dumbfounded in front of his bedroom’s balcony. Witnessing the fire, smokes, listening to the scream, tears, and pains. 

“Yang Jinwoo!” He calls for the Yang names again, as he carefully puts Yu down on the bed.

 

Jinwoo turn his head around and look at his friend.

“Taehyun,” Agony is what his eyes try to convey. 

“What happened?”

 

“This is not the time to be sentimental!!! Come here!!” He yells at him.

 

For Jinwoo to walks toward the bed, it feels like there irons chaining on his leg. It's so heavy, the pain in his chest, His view that getting to blurs, his steps that stunted by the reality, Jinwoo is the most confused person in the kingdom.

 

“Walk faster, Idiot!!! Yu said that she needs to talk to you!!” Taehyun almost slap his friend.

 

Jinwoo sat on the bed, and look at the pale Yu, shivering under the blanket. 

“What's wrong with her?” He trembly ask then.

 

“I dont know!!! hey, why don't you just talk to her!!!”  

Taehyun try not to tear his head apart.

“She desperately said that she wants to talk to you!! So, HanYang, talk to her!”

 

Jinwoo bent a little to get closer to Yu. He looked at her pupils that start to fade,

“Can I—“

 

All of a sudden Yu gets up and stick her head On Jinwoo. The two of them put on their forehead on each other. Jinwoo try to back away, but then Yu doesn't want to let her head off his. 

 

“I Love you,”

She speaks,

“And I’m sorry for what awaits,”

But her voice changes, and her eyes turn white again.

“In forever I’ll be watching you, and so try to live for another forever”

She moves aside, and lend a kiss on Jinwoo’s cheek.

 

As she fell on the bed, Taehyun catch on her head. Jinwoo backs away, and lost in translation. He stares at Taehyun, hope to find an answer, but Taehyun is as clueless as him.

 

 

 

“HanYang!!! Ah Taehyun! Let’s go!!”. General Kang appears, with his breath all over the place.

“Lets go!!!” He snaps.

 

“Lets go?” Jinwoo wonders.

 

Seungyoon rushed in and grab the HanYang’s hand.

“Get yourself together! We need to leave now!!”

He moves his eyes to Taehyun.

“Can she walk?”

 

Taehyun look at Yu who’s unconscious but still breathing slightly.

 

“Then leave her, we need to go—“

 

“NO! I can carry her on my back!!” Taehyun glare at the general. 

He placed Yu’s hand and leg on her back, and stand up. He wants to show the general that Yu is not a problem. 

 

“If you said so,”

Sengyoon just sneer at him

“But if one day you break your leg again, Carrying her is not my concern,” 

Sengyoon walks out with Jinwoo on his hand, doesn't care about how Taehyun got his leg back.

 

“Tsk!” Taehyun can only sigh heavily and follow the general.

 

 

…………………………….

 

Even in the inside of the castle, people are covered in panic. Whether they’re a maid or nobles, they run around in fears and obscure. The talk about a monster and hundreds of army occupied the outer side has finally reach the castle. Guards are now placed outside the castle, protecting every inch of it, not letting anyone to enter the gate.

 

“Come on! We have to move quickly!!” Seungyoon lead the way throughout the castle. He tries to find the shortest and quietest way to get out of the castle.

 

Jinwoo, holds on to the general back, as he looked around and found himself invisible. There’s no servant who recognizes him anymore, they just passed on him without any kind of greeting or bows. For the first time, he feels like a human. Being ignored by people who’s trying their best to save their life.

“Where are we going?” Still, He can't help but to ask.

 

“We have to get out of this place, now” Seungyoon stops on the edge of the hallways.

In front of a huge cabinet, he kneels and start to search for something.

 

Taehyun keeps on adjusting the Yu’s position on his back.

“Hey! can You at least tell us what happen?!” He snaps at the general.

“LIke why does—“

 

 

“AAAKKK! AAA!!! THEY’RE HERE!!!!”. 

“AAAAH—“

 

“AAAAH!! HEY—“

 

The sounds of a person screaming on and on, and people walking closer towards the hall ends, This is not a good thing. 

 

“What’s wro—“

 

“Hsst!” Seungyoon told Jinwoo to shut up, as he finally found a key under the cabinet. 

He plugs it to the upper key hole, and move aside, pushing the cabinet away. And when the cabinet moved, a tunnel appears.

“Go, now” He told the younger to go inside.

 

Jinwoo and Taehyun exchanging gaze, and looked at the general.

“Where?”

 

“You guys are joking, right?”. Seungyoon grab on the HanYang’s hand and force him to enter the tunnel

“This kingdom is on its crisis and you still managed to be rhetorical?” Followed by Taehyun entering the dark and endless space.

 

 

 

 

“ITS THEM! CALL THE CHULCHOI!!”. And the soldiers of Chul Kingdom has finally emerged, with blood all over their swords.

 

Seungyoon took out his sword and in position, ready to slay some heads.

“Leave, Now!!”

 

Taehyun and Jinwoo just stoically end up in a blank stare,

“But—“

 

“I SAID LEAVE!!!” He took out the key from the cabinet, and it move to close on the tunnel.

“I’ll me—“

 

“Wait!! What about Mino? Seunghoon??” Jinwoo try to hold on the cabinet, not wanting to go without answers.

 

“I’ll take care of them,”

He took off the sword that the YangKwon gave to him from his back, and give it to Jinwoo.

“Whatever happens, don't use this sword, unless you’re about to be killed”

 

Jinwoo carefully receive it, and more questions start to appear on his head.

“Wait, what—“

 

CLACK

 

 

“HEY WHERE DID THEY GO??” The Chul Kingdom soldier are on their position too right after they saw The HanYang disappears.

 

“Where they’re going is not your business,” But Seungyoon doesnt want to be forgotten.

“Just like you staining this castle with your dirts”, He lean forwards and run with his sword open, leaving blood stain on the wall as he took the first soul for today.

“Either you guys move and let me through,”

 

WHOOSH

 

Seungyoon slay another head, 

“or let me through”

 

 

 

…………………………………………

 

“Taehyun, where are we?”.

"Will Mino and Seunghoon be okay?

 

Everything is dark, Jinwoo and Taehyun cant see any ray of light inside the tunnel. Not just dark, but also cold. The tunnel are only mad of cement, and its not a big tunnel. Only one meter wides, and less than two meters height, smaller than all doors inside the castle.

 

“Don’t ask me! I’m no different than you!” Taehyun try to check on the wall, and keep holding on Yu on his back.

“The wall is too thick, people cant hear us. Lets just walk—“

 

“How can you walk?”. Jinwoo finally throw the question that been bothering him for a while.

 

“Eh,” Taehyun gasped.

“There’s no use of telling you, You’re not going to believe it either—“

 

“Try me, I just watched my kingdom crumbling in front of my eyes, what else can I believe?”.

 

If both of them can figures each other’s faces, they would probably understand the circumstances. As for now, What Taehyun got in his head is an image of a Weak HanYang in his crisis, meanwhile Jinwoo is hoping that His friends have all of the answers for his questions. 

 

“Its, Its Yu…”

Taehyun Hold on to the person on his back.

“She—“

 

“Glows in the dark…” 

 

Exactly, Yu shines in the dark. Her skin is bright enough to show what’s two meters ahead. Jinwoo cant' see her clearly because its like she’s turning into a flashlight, it makes his eyes squints. As for Taehyun, he’s unsure of what happen behind his back, what he know is that under the light, theres only two shadows that belongs to him and Jinwoo.

 

“Yu…”. Taehyun search for her hand, and feel the cold that she transfers.

“Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah,” Taehyun feels the heat of a sighed that spreads to his neck. 

“But I can not walk, I’m sorry”. As she opens her eyes, the lights start to dims.

 

Jinwoo can finally see the look of Yu and her blurry eyes that keep staring at him. All of everything that happened today, this one is the weirdest. To him, Yu is the first human who can emits light from her skin, and change into a whole other person as she speak. 

 

“Walk, now”. She glares at Jinwoo.

 

Jinwoo turns around and walk, doesn't want to think about how deadly that look of her was. Not sure wether she's the same person who curls on the bed earier.

Taehyun follows, keeping Jinwoo stay in lights.

 

“I have the answers for all your confusions, but I choose to not talk about it,” Yu mutters.

“My words wont be enough, you both can just see it for for your self later”. She’s more intense than before, clutching on Taehyun.

“I am sorry,” She starts to cry.

 

And as she cries, the lights turns brighter, but Taehyun start to trembles. 

“You’re cold..” He mutters.

“Just like when you healed me,”

 

Jinwoo walks slower, try to listen on them.

 

“You’ll get used to it,” Yu Leans on Taehyun.

“There’s nothing ahead, can HanYang walk faster? I’ll be dimmed soon”

 

“okay…” 

 

 

…………………………………………………………….

 

 

“Mino, what should we do?!” Seunghoon hides behind his cousin’s back.

 

“Dont talk too loud, they might hear us” Mino looked around, found no one beside them two in the room, he decided to came out of the curtain.

 

“Do you know what’s happening?” Seunghoon too, he don't want to be separated with Mino.

“Look…” He still cant keep his eyes of the window that shows everything from a far.

“Mino, it still burning… the outer town…”

 

Mino just stole a glance at it, Then look away. 

“Its black magic,”

He moves his hands around every inch of the dusty room, to every furniture that covers in cloth. 

“Just where is it…” he mutters.

 

“Black— black magic??” Seunghoon widened his eyes,

“Its— Its real??”

 

Mino give his look of disappointment to Seunghoon.

“This is not the time for joking, Everything that is in front of your eyes is real”

 

“No, I mean yes! You see, I thought Ah Seungri was joking about magic, and, so—“

 

Mino rolled towards Seunghoon, and take him down with him,

“Hsst!”

 

 

CLACK

 

 

From under a desk, Mino and Seunhoon looked at a foot of someone standing in front of the door. There’s a sword, they can see the edge of it drips bloods to the floor. As the feet move forward, Both of them held their breath, and pray in silence.

 

“Yang?”  The guy calls.

 

Seunghoon and Mino looked at each other, try to make sure whether they heard the same voice that both of them recognized.

 

“Yang Mino? Yang Seunghoon?” He calls again.

 

And so now both of them are sure enough to get out of the desk, and ask for help from him.

“General Kang—“

 

As Seunghoon and Mino came out of their hides, they were freeze of who’s in front of them.

 

“Surprise,” The man grins at them.

“Say Hi to Uncle Seunghyun”