Riverie

Peeled.

“ARGH!! ARGH!!!” Taehyun kept screaming in pain.

 

“Help! Help!!” Seunghoon scream for help.

“Anyone!!”

 

 

Mino looks around try to find the person who shot the arrow. He caught a glimpse of someone jump off the roof.

“BASTARD!”. He hurried away

 

“Mino! Where are—“ Jinwoo who has been silent try to catch up on his brother.

 

 

“I’m going to look for General Kang! this is a security breach!”. 

Mino is unstoppable, he ran as fast as he could.

“You guys call for the healer or something!”.

 

 

Jinwoo in in shock, spacing out. He can't move his body. This is the first time he saw a real arrow stuccoed on someones body, the first time he saw a fresh blood, the first time he saw pain.

 

 

“Jinwoo! help me to carry him!” Seunghoon ask for his cousin’s help on lifting the injured Taehyun.

“He could run out of blood!!” 

 

The Hanyang snapped out and head long on reaching Taehyun’s arm. 

“Taehyun, Hang on”.

 

 

 

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

 

 

“Dad?” as Taehyun awoke, he immediately saw his father sitting next to him.

“Argh!” Even when he’s moving a little, the pain in his right leg seized.

 

“Don’t move, it will start bleeding again” Seungri focusing his eyes on the arrow that he holds.

“Thank god that the shooter is either dumb or unlucky, the wound is not serious. You’re going to be okay”

He took a close look on the arrow.

“Well crafted, the edge is made from—“

“Bone—“. He dropped the arrow.

“Taehyun dis you see the person who shot arrow?!” Seungri’s freaked out.

 

Taehyun shook his head, doesn't get his dad at all.

“Dad, I was just—“

 

TENG TENG TENG.

 

The two of them cast their eyes to the window. 

“The campane…” Taehyun mutters. This is the first time for him to heard the old rusty bell’s ringing.

 

Seungri gets up and look closely to the big window.

“The sky—“ His eyes are set to the descended dark clouds.

“Its… Its happening..”. rain start to falling from the sky as he looked at his son in vague.

“Taehyun—“

 

WHAM

Someone broke the door.

 

“Ah Seungri!!”. YangKwon Jiyong is standing in front of the door with his gold crown, armored and armed. General Kang also standing right next to him.

 

“YangKwon,”. Seungri moves forward and showing the arrow the king.

“Its—“

 

“Yes,”

Jiyong took the arrow and put it on his quiver

“He’s here”.

 

 

Taehyun is the only one who’s not standing and left in confusion. A moment ago, he was shot in his leg with an arrow, then for the first time he saw his dad making such a frightened face, and now he saw the king in his full gear as if he’s ready for a war. He looks at General Kang, he’s ten times scarier than he usually is, he has an eye of someone who’s ready to kill or be killed. 

 

Seungri walks up to his son, and put his arm around him.

“Taehhyun”. He took something out of his shirt, a brooch.

“Give this to your mother once you’re able to run”. He whispered as he slips it on his son’s hand.

 

“Dad—“

 

Seungri took a step back and grin at his son. 

“Be a good boy!” He salute his son, and turn away, advancing toward the YangKwon.

 

Taehyun watch the three of them having some serious conversation. He can feel the tension up to where he lay down now. 

 

“Ah Taehyun”.  YangKwon Jiyong called for the you boy’s name.

He looked at him, then bowed.

 

Taehyun’s startled. This is the first time for him to see YangKwon stooping in front of people, and it's him.

 

Before he was able to understand, YangKwon, General and his Dad is already leaving the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyun is now alone in his room. The only thing that he can feel is the pain in his injured leg, and the only thing that he can see is the heavy rain falling from the sky. From his window, he can see the town and all its building.

 

 

BLAST

 

 

With his own eyes, Taehyun saw some buildings crumbling apart as the town got blown up.

 

TENG TENG TENG TENG TENG

 

And now the bell wont stop ringing. A fire starts to spread from one and two buildings, not to be outdone by the rain. Taehyun can heard people frantically yelling in the hallway. Meanwhile Taehyun is stuck in his bed. Even if he could, he doesn't have the  urge to get out of his bed. Everything that caught in his senses is trapping him. 

“Its unreal, you're just dreaming” He said to him self.

 

“No, its real”. 

Out of the blue, Yu appears and already standing next to Taehyun.

 

Taehyun jerked out.

“Yu—“

 

“Can you walk?” She asks as she looks at his wound.

 

He shakes his head.

“I can’t, its too—“

 

Yu close her eyes and put her right hand on Taehyun’s injury. She uses her left hand to cover her face. Her skin is getting pale all of a sudden. Her right hand starts to glow and becoming transparent. Taehyun can see her veins, flesh, and bones. 

 

Taehyun is in the mix between scared and bewildered. 

“Yu—“

 

Yu opens her eyes, and her pupil’s also glowing transparent. Her hand is getting colder, as if it's turning into ice, and  the next thing that happens is that she fell on the ground.

 

“Yu!”. Taehyun reach for her hand, try to get a hold on her. He put his hand around her waist, helping her to keep on standing. 

 

“Try..”

she try to maintain her breath.

“try to move your leg..”.

 

 

Taehyun has just realized that he can no longer feel any pain in his body. He looked at his leg and found it okay, just like when he woke up this morning. The injury’s gone and now he can move freely.

 

He set his foot on the floor and embracing Yu who’s half conscious.

 

“Yang, HanYang..” She trembled.

“Where’s—“

 

“Jinwoo?” taehyun hold and gently pat Yu’s face.

 

“HanYang..” She start to cry.

“Tell HanYang that—“

 

Taiyuan puts his right arm on her’s, through the neck and place it below Yu’s shoulder. He bends his knee and place his left hand under her knees.

He lifts his hand, and start to carry her. Yu’s not as heavy as he thought. He starts to walk and rushed out the room.

“You tell him yourself”.

 

 

 

…………………………………………………………………

 

When the first campane rang, people start to wonder, What sound is that. It was suppose to be an alert for an emergency situation, but then people already forgotten the sound of being endangered.

 

And when an explosion happened in the outermost part of the town, destroying the main gate the surrounding building, everyone is awakened from their sweet dreams. Just a moment ago, it was just an ordinary day of the Yang kingdom, fill with people and their routines. The heavy rain is pouring as people running around the town in panic. None of them were prepared for this.

 

“Everyone please move inside the inner wall!!” General Kang raise his voice as he mounted and make a way for the YangKwon to pass the crowd.

“Please move to  inside of the inner wall!!”

 

People are all following his instruction and rushed to the inner wall. Group of Soldiers is also there and helping in the evacuation. Kids are crying, Mothers try to hold on their child as they entered the sea of people racing towards the gate. Everything is in chaos, no one is able to control themselves.

 

There are only five people who ride against the tide. YangKwon Jiyong, Ah Seungri, General Kang and two other guards. While sitting on their horse’s back, they try to find a way of getting through the crowd and goes to the outer wall. 

 

 

“Kang Seungyoon!”. YangKwon called for the young general.

“How many people did he bring with him?”. He tries to control his horse to not stepping on people.

 

“He brought enough”. General Kang who’s riding in the front is the one with the most struggle on going through the crowd.

 

“Jiyong, why now?” Seungri try to catch on the YangKwon.

“He didn't even warn us!”

 

 

“He did”. Jiyong is the only one who’s still composed.

“He did warn us 17 years ago”

 

 

………………………………………………………………………………..

 

 

As they reach the crushed gate, they pulled the rein and stop their horses. There are hundreds of soldiers, fully armed and armored, standing in front of them. A man with a black horse are standing in front of them. He’s the only one who’s unarmed, just holding on a serrated bladed. Despite getting wet due the heavy rain, He keeps his hands and looks clean, as if he just finish from his bath. 

 

“Jiyongie,”. He nods.

“You haven’t aged, still the irresistible Jiyong I know”. His sharp eyes are glaring at the YangKwon with urge.

“Jiyongie—“

“ I mean, YangKwon Jiyong” He took out a pipe from his pocket and put in his mouth

“Have I interrupted your sweet reverie?”

 

Jiyong stomps his reign, mounting forward.  

“Choi Seunghyun”. He called for the guy who caused all the chaos in his kingdom

“Know where you belong”

 

“Call me ChulChoi Seunghyun, from the Chul Kingdom,”

He raised his left eyebrow, and grins.

“I belong in hell,”

As if he tries to mock the rain, he lights up his pipe and smoke

“But I’d like to conduct my last sins, before I come home”

“And It will be nice that if I come home later, you'll be the one who serve my first meal as the inhabitants of hell”