Seven

Something Kinda Crazy

7/💐

 

When Hanbin was forced to come to school the next day, he didn’t think talking to Momo was a part of it. The moment he stepped into the halls of their school, Hanbin was suddenly dragged by Momo towards the rooftop. And that was how he ended up standing in front of Momo awkwardly, the cheerleader already in her cheerleading uniform and was looking at him boringly.

 

Hanbin wanted to speak but the gaze Momo was holding was intimidating and it’s making him squirm in place,

 

“You know sometimes I don’t know why the two of you are so scared of admitting your feelings.” Momo said in Japanese and Hanbin looked at her curiously,

 

“What?” He asked. Momo simply shrugged and sat down at one of the benches.

 

“Why did you even bring me here?” Hanbin asked. Momo didn’t answer him and just look straight ahead. Feeling awkward about the situation, Hanbin decided to sit down beside her.

 

They were quiet and Hanbin badly wants to leave because this is Momo, the girl Jiwon adores and it only makes his heart break the longer he looks at Momo because Momo is pretty, athletic and smart, she’s also basically like an angel sent from above. He couldn’t make himself believe anymore that there is no chance that Momo and Jiwon would be together because Momo is making him feel otherwise. But Hanbin also didn’t want to leave the girl, that would be rude and he doesn’t really despise her either.

 

“You know, Jiwon is stupid.” Momo suddenly said and Hanbin had to ask her again.

 

“Why-- what?”

 

“Why are people so afraid to express their feelings? I mean yeah, there’s rejection but… that’s part of the process of coming to terms with your own feelings.” Momo trailed off and Hanbin was just plain confused. Was she sharing her thoughts about Jiwon liking her?

 

“Do you like Jiwon?” She suddenly asked and Hanbin was taken aback. Why was she asking? Does she know? Is she upset about it?

 

“N-no.” Hanbin said, avoiding the latter’s eyes.

 

“Liar.” He looked up and saw Momo smirking at him. Hanbin had his eyebrows furrowed, he was beyond confused.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“You are excused.” Momo said and Hanbin glared. “I’m kidding.” She said, laughing.

 

“You and Jiwon are both stupid. You obviously like each other but are too afraid to admit it.” She said and Hanbin scoffed,

 

“How are you sure that Jiwon likes me, he likes you not me.” He said and Momo smiled.

 

“Because I can see it. I can see it in his eyes and I can see it in your eyes. Don’t even try to deny that you probably want me dead when you were staring at us in the cafeteria last week. It’s painfully obvious to everyone but surprisingly not obvious for the both of you.” She said. Hanbin was speechless, was he really that obvious with his feelings? Did he just tell her that Jiwon has feelings for him?

 

“Wait, Jiwon likes me?” He asked and Momo nodded. “But why did he tell me he likes you?” He added and Momo laughed awkwardly before standing up.

 

“You know what, talk to Jiwon and you’ll have all the answers you need.” Momo said before running back inside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Afternoon came, Hanbin had been conflicted. Does he need to approach Jiwon now and ask him about what Momo said? Or let it go and just wait for Jiwon to confess? But what if what Momo said wasn’t true and he’s just getting his hopes up? Hanbin groaned as he dropped his head on his locker, he did it multiple times until a hand stopped him,

 

“Do you want to get a concussion?” Jiwon asked, amused. Hanbin closed his eyes and groaned,

 

“Maybe.” He replied. Jiwon had his eyebrows furrowed, Hanbin was fine earlier when he saw him so he didn’t know why his best friend was banging his forehead on his locker.

 

“Did something happen?”

“Do you like me?”

 

They both said at the same time and Jiwon’s eyes widened, unsure of what to say. Hanbin looked at Jiwon, the latter looked like a gaping fish. Hanbin would’ve laughed but he’s too nervous to do so.

 

“Why… are you asking me?” Jiwon said, dumbfounded. Hanbin sighed and pushed himself away from her locker.

 

“Pretend I didn’t ask then.” He said before leaving Jiwon in the hallway. Hanbin walked out of the school building and Jiwon followed him. They went on like that for a few minutes before Hanbin got irritated,

 

“Will you stop following me?” He exclaimed, turning around to face the older but he wasn’t there. Taken aback, Hanbin groaned before walking again.

 

“Stupid Jiwon, stupid feelings…” Hanbin muttered as he walked. He was disappointed that the older was suddenly gone, maybe Hanbin was really making his hopes up for this. He and Jiwon could never be together, it was silly to think that they’d have a chance together.

 

The sky suddenly made a noise and the sound of rain hitting the pavement filled in Hanbin’s quiet walk. He’s probably gonna get sick again but he doesn’t care and besides, the rain was making him feel better. The drops of rain were cooling his warm skin.

 

“Hanbin!” He looked up and saw Momo standing a few feet away from him, now in their school uniform with an umbrella over her head. Momo walked towards him, sharing the umbrella with him.

 

“You’re really stupid you know, you’re going to get sick.” She said and Hanbin just shrugged. Momo rolled her eyes before dragging Hanbin back at their school’s outdoor court.

 

“Why are we here?” He asked. Momo made him stand in the middle of the court while she walked back at the covered area. A Mickey Mouse mascot suddenly walked in front of him holding placards and a dozen of balloons.

 

I’M SORRY, I’M STUPID

 

The first placard says, Hanbin furrowed his eyebrows wondering who the person inside the mascot is,

 

I’M SORRY IT’S RAINING

 

The second one says and Hanbin rolled his eyes,

 

I’M SORRY I SUDDENLY LEFT YOU EARLIER

 

The third one says and Hanbin’s breath hitched, Jiwon? He thought.

 

“Who are you exactly?” He asked but the mascot stood still. Hanbin looked at Momo but the latter wasn’t really paying attention to them.

 

BUT YES I DO LIKE YOU

 

The last placard says. Hanbin walked towards the mascot, lifting it’s head off. Whoever was inside the mascot was probably having a hard time carrying the weight of it since it’s soaked in the rain. Hanbin removed the mascot’s head and saw a smiling Jiwon.

 

“You are an idiot.” Hanbin said.

 

“I know.” Jiwon replied. “I’m sorry I lied. I just… I don’t know uh I’m trying to make you jealous?” He said.

 

Hanbin crossed his arms in front of his chest, “And why do you want me to be jealous?”

 

“Because I wanted to know if you like me” Jiwon said, it came off as a question instead of a statement and Hanbin rolled his eyes before walking forward and kissing Jiwon on the lips.

 

Hanbin broke the kiss and leaned on Jiwon’s forehead, “You’re really stupid.” He said and Jiwon rolled his eyes,

 

“I know. You don’t have to say it over and over.” He said and Hanbin laughed.

 

“Just kiss me again.” Jiwon muttered.

 

“Why don’t you kiss me again?” Hanbin asked and Jiwon groaned,

 

“Do you think I could grab you? This costume is getting heavier by the second.” Jiwon complained, trying to flail his arms but he really couldn’t.

 

“Just remove it.” Hanbin said, laughing. Jiwon stopped moving and bit his lip,

 

“I’m inside.” He said and Hanbin gasped,

 

“Jiwon!”

 

“It’s true, take a look.” He said, leaning towards Hanbin so he could take a look but Hanbin quickly pushed him away,

 

“No!”

 

“Oh c’mon, I know you want it.” Jiwon said, raising his eyebrows playfully and Hanbin just laughed at the older.

 

“JUST KISS EACH OTHER ALREADY, I NEED TO TAKE A PICTURE. IT’S FOR SCIENCE!” Momo shouted. The two of them laughed at Momo, who had her phone up for their picture.

 

Hanbin smiled before looking at Jiwon, the latter had a similar expression. Hanbin placed his arms on Jiwon’s shoulder before he leaned on for a kiss. The feeling of their lips on each other erupting butterflies on their stomach. They continued kissing until…

 

“I GOT THE PICTURE YOU COULD STOP NOW!” Momo shouted. The two stopped kissing and Jiwon groaned, Hanbin laughed.

 

“Come on, let’s just go home. We’re gonna get sick.” Hanbin said.

 

“I swear that girl is going to be a from now on.” Jiwon muttered and Hanbin only laughed before they left the outdoor court to go home.

 

 



 

“I love you.” Jiwon suddenly said while they were walking.


“I love you too.” Hanbin said, smiling.

 

 

Fin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And that marks the ending of this story, I hope you weren't disappointed with the ending and I'm sorry it took me so long to update but I've been busy with college. Thank you for reading this story and thank you for the comments that you had posted, it really means a lot 💖

 

Do check out my other stories! Stay With Me (double b), The Geography of You & Me (Yundong one shot collection), Take Responsibility (iKON's Junhoe x Twice's Nayeon), Moon & Sunrise (moonsun one shot collection).

 

Thank you! 💞

 

 

p.s I'm going to have a retreat for three days so I was hoping if you could send me a message (palanca letter actually) but we don't really know each other personally so I hope I'm not asking a lot lmao just a simple message or encouragement? Inspiration, anything really, will do? lol we can also be friends, I like making friends lmao just pm me hehe lovelots! 💞

- E