Chapter 2

Welcome Back, Kotter

I sat in the lunch room eating my turtles by myself. "I wish lunch would end already, even though it just started."

I put another turtle in my mouth while looking around for Baekhyun. He was sitting with his other friends. Suddenly, he turned around and waved to me. "Come sit with us!" He mouthed. I shook my head no. I didn't like being around other people whom I don't know. Especially if those people are boys.

Baekhyun grabbed all his things, including his lunch, and made his way over to me. He sat down next to me and continued eating. "How come you didn't want to sit with us?" I shrugged my shoulders lightly. "I don't really know your friends." I mumbled.

He dipped one of his fries in ketchup and put it in his mouth. "They're nice people." He started. "Sorry about Mr. Kotter's class. I really didn't mean to get you in trouble."

I smiled lightly. "Don't worry 'bout it. He's a jive turkey anyways." Baekhyun bursted out in laughter. "You're funny Jasmine.."

I shyly put my head down and put my hands in my lap. "But let me ask you a question, why doesn't he like you?"

I put another turtle in my mouth. "He tried to hit on my mom. And since she's married to my dad, she rejected him. So he got mad at her and I guess he's decided to take it out on me."

Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck. "How did he know your mom?"

"She used to be a teacher here. She thought here for about 10 years until she quit about a month before school started this year."

Baekhyun looked really angry. "That's not a real reason to not like someone. That's stupid. If he knew she was married why would he think she would accept his feelings if she's happily married with a child?"

I scratched my forehead for a second before responding. "I don't know. But since then, every least little thing I do in his class, I get in trouble for."

Before Baekhyun could respond, I interrupted him. "But let me ask you a question. Why are you a sweathog? You don't like the type to get in trouble a lot."

He chuckled and stuffed another fry in his mouth. "Freshman and Sophomore year, I was the class clown. The mood maker, if you will. My very being was dedicated to making people laugh. I didn't care what I said, how I said it, who I said it too, as long as I made someone laugh, I didn't care. I always got in trouble for that. I was constantly in ISS (In school Suspension), OSS (Out of school Suspension) and Detention. So one day, my mom told me that she was tired of seeing me in trouble, and that if I kept getting in trouble, I would have to move to South Korea with my father's mother. So I cleaned my act up a little, but the principal said that I still didn't have good enough grades or behavior to pass. So he compromised with me and said 'If you promise to be a sweathog next year, we'll pass you.'  I didn't have any other choice, so I took it. And I'm glad I did because if I hadn't, we would have never became friends."

I looked at him sadly. "Don't you miss your friends?" I looked over at the other 11 boys sitting at the table and talking happily. "Sometimes, but we eat lunch together just about everyday. I really do miss them, but I did rather worry about getting my grades up first, friends second."

I sighed. "You're lucky one friend, let alone 11. I don't have any friends."

Baekhyun poked his lip out and pouted. "You have me, right? We'll be best friends forever." He gently put his head on my shoulder.

RINGGGGG!

The lunch bell rang signalling for us to go to our first elective or 4th period. My 4th period was Gym, Baekhyun's was Spanish.

"See you in 5th period Jasmine!" He waved at me as he exited the lunch room. I quickly waved back as I tried to make it to my next class.

"Bye.." I mumbled.