Meet A Boy

Incurable Love

 

"Agassi? Agassi!,"

 

Jinhee barely heard her name being called, but she couldn't open her eyes.

 

Where am I? Hospital?

 

"Oh, what should we do, baby? She's really a pain," a girl yelled.

 

"Watch your mouth, Mira. Can you show your sympathy to this girl? You can't act like that," now, Jinhee heard a boy's voice.

 

Jinhee wanted so much to open her eyes, but her body didn't listen to her. Five minutes later, Jinhee finally opened her eyes and found a boy's face close to hers.

 

She couldn't react as her eyes were still adjusting to the light.

 

"Oh, Thank God, she is conscious,"

 

"Whe--where am I?" asked Jinhee with her soft voice. "You're still in noraebang, agassi. You suddenly fainted in front of us," the boy explained.

 

Jinhee now could see everything around her, and she found the employee before, that boy, and a girl named Mira were in the room. She then lifted her body, and sat up in the couch's arm. The employee offered her water.

 

"Now she has woke up, we can go now, can't we?" Mira didn't really like to be there, and it was obvious that she wasn't sympathy at all at Jinhee. The employee's was annoyed at her behavior.

 

The boy, too. He seemed to feel embarrassed at his girlfriend's behavior. "Just leave then. I'll help this girl first," he said coldly. Mira was startled, and she was getting angry.

 

"Fine. I won't call you anymore! I hate you!," Mira then left which was making the employee smiled happy. It was her who was a pain, not the sick girl.

 

Jinhee felt uncomfortable. "I'm sorry, you can leave me. I'm fine, actually," she lied to make the boy go.

 

But, that boy instead of leaving, he asked the employee to fill the glass again.

"You shouldn't lie in the first place. Your pale face is more honest than you, agassi. She won't be angry with me for long, though" he, then, took out his handkerchief on his pocket, and gently wiped Jinhee's face.

 

Jinhee was startled. The boy was too good for her, and made her cheek blush. "You're full of sweat. I don't know what happen to you, but seems like you're really sick till you faint. And I'm sure you aren't drunk since no alcohol's scent around you," he said as he still wiped sweat on her face.

 

Jinhee couldn't breath by hearing those words. The boy was really giving attention to her, and she never met someone like that. Moreover, they were stranger to each other.

 

"Where's your home? I can take you there,"

 

"No. You don't have to. I can go myself," she refused. She didn’t want to burden him as stranger, and she also didn't want to tell him that 'her home is the hospital'.

 

"No refuse, agassi. I can't leave sick girl to go back alone, what if you faint again on the way there?" he insisted to help her.

 

"Then, other people will help me," Jinhee said randomly and it made the boy chuckle. "Don't feel you're a burden to me, it's not like you were fainted on purpose in front of me and my girlfriend,"

 

Jinhee felt embarrassed, because the moment she fainted was when that couple was kissing. Of course, she was a disruption to them. Her cheek felt hot again, embarrassed.

 

"so, will you tell me where is your home?"

 

"Seoul hospital," she said, and the boy didn’t get it.

 

"My parents work there, I'll meet them instead," she lied. Her parents didn't work there, and she was saying that because she didn't want to tell her illness. She didn't want to get pitiful look from people. She had it enough.

 

"Oh, okay. I'll take you there,"

 

"Thank you, and by the way, what's your name?"

 

"I'm Yoon Dujun, and you?"

 

"Lee Jina," she lied again.