Rare Case

Incurable Love

 

"Eonni, I'm back!," Jinhee shouted as she entered the room. Jina sighed, and she got off from the bed. "Where did you go? Nothing bad happen right?" she asked worriedly. Jinhee smiled and shook head, "Of course, no. I even flirt with a boy, a nice boy!,"

 

"Really? Where the did you go, actually? You are back earlier than I thought" asked Jina. She knew her sister was a popular one before and often flirt with boys but barely date them, because Jinhee was never serious to relationship.

 

"Noraebang. I met him on the corridor, and he was falling to me. We ended up talking and I flirted with him a little," Jinhee chuckled. She tried to show her happy face in order not to get caught to have faint before. Also, she lied to her eonni about flirting with the boy, because actually nothing happened to them.

 

Jina just shook her head, and Jinhee laughed. "Now, you have fill yourself with happiness, you get back to your bed. You can't get tired, you know that," Jina took off the hospital pajama and gave to Jinhee. Jinhee pouted but she obediently changed her clothes, and sat on the bed.

 

"Did the nurses come?" Jinhee asked. "Yes, and they asked me to eat the pills," Jina said with bitter expression.

 

"Did you eat it?" Jinhee was hoping the answer would be 'yes', because she then didn't have to eat the pills. But, Jina shook head and she smiled slyly on her twin.

 

She showed her the pills, all of the pills that she had to eat this morning. "Ahh~ eonni! Why didn't you eat it? And how the hell you can lie to the nurses?!" Jinhee complained and felt annoyed.

 

Jina laughed at her twin's reaction. "Did you forget I'm joining theatre club? And of course you have to eat it, Jinhee. You don't want get headache like before, right?"

 

I already had, eonni.

 

Jinhee bitterly took the pills and water.

 

======

Jinhee was very bored.

 

Yesterday she had so much fun, even though she got bad ending, but still it was fun for her. And now, she had to be good girl again in hospital, with her mother there, taking care of her.

 

"Eomma, can I go out for awhile? To the rooftop?" Jinhee asked her mother, but her mother just gave him a death glare. A warning to ask something wrong.

 

Jinhee pouted. She then went back to her phone, browsing and chatting to her one and only twin, Jina. Jina was at school, and she didn't care if she disturbed Jina when class, because she knew Jina also wasn't serious at study, same like her. It was the another common thing they have beside their identical look.

 

"Eommaaaaaa… I can see myself die because this boredom…," she said because she found nothing fun on her phone and Jina wasn't replying her chat fast.

 

Her mother just had enough to hear her. "What happen to you? You were fine in this room till the day before yesterday, but now you said you are bored to death. The world is still the same, Jinhee. Nothing change since you are here. Bad---,"

 

"Bad people are still bad, and good people are still good," Jinhee recited her mom's words before her mom did. She knew that already, her mom always said that whenever she was bored.

 

But, Jinhee knew the world wasn't going the same. For example, she met new people once she went out from hospital, her life wasn't the same.

 

Because, she was thinking of that guy since yesterday. She knew, she wanted to meet that guy again, in disguised as Jina of course.

 

"To the park, then?" she kept insist to go out. "What's the point of me being here all day long when doctors do nothing to me?", Jinhee started to feel annoyed.

 

Her mother can't answer her.

 

"Doctors can do nothing about me, and they keep me here like the murderer. They keep giving me pills that they actually know it isn't for my illness, they just make me feel in ease, so I'm not sad for my condition. Right?"

 

She unconsciously started to tell all the complaints she had, and she didn't realize that her mom's eyes were teary. She thought she was the one who didn't like to be in hospital.

 

"Yo--you, don't say like that," her mom's voice was shaken.

 

Jinhee suddenly realized that she was wrong to complain. She made her mom sad too.

 

"I-- I'm sorry, eomma. I don't want to make you sad actually, I just-- I just want--,"

 

Jinhee's word were halted as her mom hugged her, and she heard her mom said, "you will leave this hospital one day for sure. You will, in healthy condition,".

 

Sudden tears were on Jinhee's cheek. She hated the times she cried, but she couldn't stop it as her mother caressed her hair.

 

"I'm sorry, eomma," she whispered to her ear. She was really sorry to make her mom sad, and she promised not to say it again.