Under the Same Sky

In or Out? The Search for Dara's Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara's POV

"I think I've been scarred for life." I said to no one in particular. 

"I don't think I'll be able to see things the same way they were before." I said with a sigh while clutching my chest.

I can feel my anxiety building up in my chest which prompted me to pull over my car in an empty land. I went out of my Range Rover when I didn't find the paper bag that I keep during situations like this. 

Why does things have to be this way? What have I done for me experience these things? 

I didn't hear Durami follow me outside the car until she spoke.

"Unnie, don't you think you're exaggerating things a little bit?" Durami asked while stiffling her laughter.

"Exagerrating?!" You're telling me I'm overacting?" My voiced raised a bit because of frustration. Not towards my sister but with the situation I find myself in.

"I don't think I'm overacting, Durami. You were not in my situation and I don't think you would understand." I said to my sister, while crossing my arms.

"Arasso. Can we just go back to your car now? Let's talk there, people might recognize you here Unnie. I don't think your Sajangnim will appreciate his new actress on the tabloids tomorrow." Durami said while making her way towards me. "Let me drive. I don't think you're in a fine state to drive right now."

"Ani. I'm fine. Let me just catch my breath for a while. You go ahead. Dadoong and Bambi might be destroying my car seat already."

"Don't take too long though."

"Neh."

I don't think anybody could empathize with my situation right now. I don't expect others to understand though.

 

Flashback

 

"Omma! We're going!"

"Neh! Don't forget to bring back some cat food on your way back. Hanuri finished it all." Omma said while petting Hanuri.

"We'll just buy at the groomer's when we pick up Dadoong and Bambi." Durami replied as she was putting Dadoong in his cage.

"Durami, come on." I said to my sister who is fixing her hair.

"Bye Omma! Are you sure you don't want to come?" Durami asked our mother who is still busy petting Hanuri.

"I just had my hair fixed and I think it's about time that you spend time together. It's been a while, eh? Don't be too late though." Comma said while pushing us out of my apartment.

Quietly, we entered the elevator and I pushed the button for underground parking area as we are going to take my Range Rover going to the salon after dropping off Dadoong and Bambi to their groomers.

"Omo! I think I left my phone at your apartment. You go ahead Unnie. I'll just catch up on you." Durami said while handing me Bambi's cage as she rush back to my apartment.

"Aigoo, this girl really."

While I was fumbling around my bag, looking for my keys, I noticed that Dadoong is no longer at his cage. The lock on his cage has come undone and I absolutely have no idea where to find him.

"Dadoong-ah! Where are you? Omma is here. Dadoong-ah!" I said while looking around the parking area for Dadoong.

Due to my rush, I didn't see the two large dogs which were tied at one post in the area. I was surprised to hear two dogs barking loudly. Omo! Dadoong-ah! Where are you? Omma is already afraid, show yourself now will you?

It was as if fate was playing with me, Dadoong was in front of the two dogs, meowing furiously, as if taunting them for be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter