My Appa

Mission from Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica walked into the furniture store, looking around for her father. "I wonder where he is..." she silently asked herself. Suddenly she felt a tap on her shoulder, causing her to jump and turn around. There stood her father, but he wasn't the smiling guy that she remembered from before when she was watching over him and her mother. Somehow, he was a little bit difference.

"Can I help you?" he asked, looking at her from head to toe. He had a straight expression on his face as if he wanted to be alone at that moment. He then had his gaze fixed on the table behind her that looked as if there were something craved into it.

She shook her head, biting her lip. "I was just looking around, Donghae-ssi." She then quickly covered , realizing that she had just said his name.

"How did you know my name?" he asked, his eyes widening in shock and suspicion. He couldn't help but wonder how the girl knew him. Besides, in a way, he's been keeping himself from everyone in general.

"Oh umm..." Jessica had to think quick, she couldn't afford to lose hope on anything right now. "Oh Dara unnie mentioned you.. I work with her at the cafe." She smiled, but the smile slowly faded as she noticed the look on his face. The look of sadness and anger.

"Oh her..." he muttered. "She still talks about me?"

Jessica nodded. "Mhm." She bit her lip. "I was also trying to find furniture for my new place so I thought you can help me out."

He nodded and walked over to his sketch pad, ready to listen to what Jessica was looking for in terms of furniture.

"I know this may be sudden... but may I please know what happened between you and Dara unnie? She doesn't seem like the type of person that would leave someone like you."

Donghae wanted to kick Jessica out of his shop but since he knew that he couldn't do something like that to one of Dara's co workers, he just let out an annoyed sigh. "I'm guessing she's the one that told you to ask me?"

The young girl shook her head. What could have made my dad act this way? She wondered. She didn't understand how he could be so bitter towards any thoughts of Dara.

"The only thing I will say is I lost everything because of her. EVERYTHING." It seemed as if Donghae knew more than Jessica thought about her exi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter