ii

Always and Almost Forever

 


 

"Kyungsoo, honey. Please let us in" 

Kyungsoo sat down motionless on the floor of his apartment as he stared at nothing, really.

He was supposed to be getting married. He was supposed to exchange vows with his bestfriend, his boyfriend of seven years. He was supposed to be starting a new life today with the person he loved the most. But right now, he felt like ending his.

"Kyungsoo, honey, please open the door"

His mother's words on the other side of the door were loud enough for Kyungsoo to hear from the bedroom he shared with Jongin, but he just sat there, not really wanting to see or talk to anyone right now.

He wanted to be alone. He wanted to cry but most of all, he wanted an explanation. An explanation from the person who left him waiting. 

Kyungsoo felt another wave of ache on his chest as he looked at the set of rings in front of him. He grabbed the smaller one of the pair and his thumb brushed against the inscription engraved on the inside of the ring. 

김종인

 

 


"Kyungsoo, please say something" 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were in Kyungsoo's apartment that he shared with Jongin. The couple were surprised that Kyungsoo even let them in. It has been five days since they saw Kyungsoo breakdown, five days since Kyungsoo and Jongin's unfinished wedding, five days since they last saw Kyungsoo and Jongin. But they weren't surprised to see Kyungsoo looking like he hadn't slept in a week, his swollen, bloodshot eyes showing that he has been crying. 

Kyungsoo hasn't said anything, hasn't shown any emotion, his face was a constant blank and, for Chanyeol, seeing his best friend keeping everything inside hurt more than actually seeing him cry.

Kyungsoo was grabbing two glasses from the cabinet and when he saw the band of gold wrapped around his finger, his chest tightens and his hand somehow loses its grip on the glass, making it fall down and break into pieces on the floor beside Kyungsoo's foot.

"You know what's worst than someone leaving you on the day you were supposed to get married?" Kyungsoo voice was hoarse, it was the first time he has spoken to anyone in days and it was the first time he has spoken to someone about Jongin leaving him. It hurts even more hearing himself say it out loud. He instinctively reached up to wipe another tear that rolls down his cheek. He bit his lip, trying to stop the tears. Although he has his back to his friends, he didn't want them to see him or even hear him cry.

"It's knowing that you're not even worth an explanation" Kyungsoo brought a hand to his lips to cover a sob that was threatening to escape. "That's what hurts the most"

Baekhyun slowly nudged his husband's shoulder and gave him a look as if telling Chanyeol to get up and comfort his best friend.

"Kyungsoo—"

"He hasn't even said anything" Kyungsoo didn't want to break down especially now since his friends were there, but the weight of everything he has been through for the past five days was causing him to crack. "I haven't seen him for six days and I don't even know where he is, if he's o-okay and-"

Baekhyun and Chanyeol watched as Kyungsoo completely broke down again in front of them. Kyungsoo's legs completely failed him now and he slid to the floor, just a few centimeters from the broken glass. Kyungsoo wrapped both of his arms around his knees and buried his face there; shoulders shaking, breath ragged with sobs and sniffles.

Baekhyun was the first one to stand and rush over to their friend who was a crying mess. Baekhyun carefully wrapped one arm around Kyungsoo and the other was comfortingly rubbing against Kyungsoo's arm.

"A-am I that terrible that he doesn't w-want to marry me?" Kyungsoo managed to mutter between small sobs "M-maybe I'm just not good e-enough for anyone"

"Kyungsoo, we both know that's not true" Chanyeol knelt down in fron of his best friend and placed his hands on Kyungsoo's shoulders, slowly massaging them to calm him down. "We both know Jongin loves you so much. I don't know what happened but I'm sure he loves you—"

"Why did he leave then?" Kyungsoo asked, although he knew not Chanyeol nor Baekhyun could answer him, because he knew only Jongin could give him answers but he wasn't here. "He promised"

 


"Hyung" Jongin called out again and Kyungsoo just kept his eyes closed, not bothering to answer his annoying boyfriend, or now fianceé, who has called his name five times now. "Kyungsoo" Silence "Soo" 

Kyungsoo felt the mattress shift and he knew Jongin was now sitting beside him. He didn't have to open his eyes to know that Jongin was now giving him a look of a dejected puppy, just like he always does whenever Kyungsoo ignores him.

"Kyungie~" Jongin tried again, but Kyungsoo merely moved, his eyes remained closed. "I know you're not sleeping"

Still, no response.

"If you love me, you'd talk to me right now" Kyungsoo can hear the slight annoyance in Jongin's voice, as he felt Jongin's fingers lightly tapping his cheeks. Kyungsoo can feel his lips twitching upwards, a smile trying to make its way through. But he liked annoying Jongin so he just turned to his side towards the wall, his back facing Jongin.

"If you don't talk to me, I'd wear that suit Jongdae-hyung gave me that you hated so much on our wedding" Jongin huffed.

Kyungsoo smiled to himself as he heard the word 'wedding' but he just ignored Jongin again.

Jongin glared at Kyungsoo's back before finally deciding just to lie down on his side of the bed. But he hasn't given up. "And I'd dye my hair blonde again" because he knew how much Kyungsoo loves it when his hair is dyed brown, just like its natural color.

"And I'd tell your mom to bring your baby pictures so we could show every one during the reception" because he knew how much Kyungsoo hated seeing his baby pictures and Jongin just loves seeing baby Kyungsoo.

"And I'll bring Monggu with me. I'll buy him a bowtie and I'll dance with him instead of you" Kyungsoo tried not to laugh, but Jongin felt his shoulders shaking. Jongin smiled to himself. Turning to his side, he wrapped one arm around Kyungsoo's waist and buried his face to Kyungsoo's hair.

"And I won't make my own vows, I'd just copy from the internet" Jongin slowly traced Kyungsoo's hand before intertwining their fingers together. "I'd probably say something cheesy like, you're the air I breathe, you're the light that makes the darkness disappear, you are my everything."

Kyungsoo opened his eyes and watched their connected hands, Jongin's thumb was slowly his. "Although that's kinda true because you are my everything, Kyungsoo" Jongin whispered, his breath hitting Kyungsoo's neck. "No matter how cheesy that sounds, it's true. You are my everything"

"Please say that during our wedding" Kyungsoo finally spoke, his cheeks warm. "I like hearing it"

"So you'd allow me to do everything I said just now?" Jongin chuckled,  his lips pressing light kisses against Kyungsoo's hair.

"Well, if you want to" Kyungsoo replied, his grip on Jongin's hands tightening. "As long as you are there, I'm okay with anything"

"Of course I would be there" Jongin said as he pulled Kyungsoo even closer, so his chest was against Kyungsoo's back.

"Do you promise?" Kyungsoo asked, his eyes slowly closing again as he felt Jongin's thumb rubbing against his skin, slowly lulling him to sleep.

"I promise. You're not allowed to marry anyone except me, okay?" Jongin stated firmly, but then he chuckled, his breath fanning Kyungsoo's hair "Although I'm sure I'm keeping my hair the way it is right now. I don't think blonde suits me" 

Kyungsoo simply hummed, a little too content wrapped around Jongin's arms to even say anything.

 


 


HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE MUSIC VIDEO FOR CALL ME BABY OHMYGODKFKFKMFMF KYUNGSOO IN RIPPED JEANS AND LEATHER JACKET AND HIS HAIR AND HIS VOICE ND HIS EVERYTHING I JUST SKJDJDKDKKD IT'S TOO MUCH FOR ONE VIDEO
AND JONGIN AND TAO DURING THE INTROS I DIED A LITTLE BIT OKAY MAYBE 19283849494 TIMES 
AND LAY OH MY GOD LAY YOU COMPLETELY OBLITERATED MY BIAS LIST OKAY YOU ARE NOW MY THIRD OKAY ILY 
AND ALL THE BOYS DID A REALLY REALLLLLLY GREAT JOB WITH THE MUSIC VIDEO IT WAS PERFECT OKAY SO HOT 


Hehehehe.
:) 

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO SUBSCRIBED AND UPVOTED AND COMMENTED