i

Always and Almost Forever

 

To say that Kyungsoo was nervous is an obvious understatement.
It has only been two hours, only thirty minutes away from the ceremony, but Chanyeol could feel the growing ache double in his head as he watched his best friend pace around the room.

"Are you sure the flowers are okay? What about the rings? Do I look okay?" 

Chanyeol simply nodded as he reached to his pocket for his phone. 

"Are my parents there? What about Jongin's? Are the boys all there? What about Jongin?"

"Kyungsoo, calm down. Your parents are there, Jongin's parents are there, all the boys are there except for Sehun who fetched Jongin. Everything's all set"

"Are you sure? What about the music? We can't do this without the music"

Chanyeol stood up from his seat and walked over to Kyungsoo, who was now fidgeting the neatly placed bowtie around his collar. Chanyeol light slapped Kyungsoo's hands away and he smoothed the cloth of Kyungsoo's tuxedo.

"Kyungsoo, the boys and I will sing Angel as you walk down the aisle later. You requested for that yourself. Stop worrying and just relax, okay? You're getting married in less than twenty minutes"

But Chanyeol's statement only made Kyungsoo more anxious than before. He reached up and covered his face with both hands as he took a deep breath. 
Chanyeol pulled Kyungsoo towards the white sofa and the both of them sat down. Kyungsoo kept this faced buried in his hands as he whispered comforting words to himself to the lines of 'you can do this! or 'you're finally getting married' and Chanyeol just sat down quietly next to him, hoping his silence was comforting his friend.

"I can do this. I've waited too long for this. Do Kyungsoo, fighting!"

"That'll be Kim Kyungsoo in less than ten minutes" Chanyeol offered, trying his best to lighten the situation.

Kyungsoo froze as he heard his soon to be name. Kim Kyungsoo. It sounds weirder and weirder as Kyungsoo repeated it inside his head. It was just one of the little things that are bound to change once he gets married but Kyungsoo already was scared.

"Chanyeol, I can't do this"


It was ten minutes past two o'clock and Kyungsoo was restless. His bowtie was loosely placed around his neck and his hands were constantly running through his hair, messing it up even more.

"Kyungsoo, listen to me. I'm your best man and it's my duty to make sure you marry Jongin so you have to listen to me, okay?" Chanyeol placed both of his hands on Kyungsoo's shoulder and the latter stopped pacing and looked at Chanyeol. Chanyeol could see the fear and doubt swim around Kyungsoo's eyes. 

"Do you remember what you told me when you asked me to be your best man?" Chanyeol started as he rubbed comforting circles on Kyungsoo's shoulder.

"I didn't ask you. You practically begged and pestered me to be my best man" Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at him and Chanyeol smiled slightly at him.

"That's because you were my best man and it's only right that you have me as yours. But that's not what I'm trying to say right now. Let me correct myself then, do you remember what you said when you finally agreed that I could be your best man?"

Kyungsoo shook his head "What?"

"You told me you were scared. You were scared of everything, Kyungsoo. When Jongin finally proposed to you, you said no at first because you knew you weren't ready. You were scared of the future that wasn't even happening yet. You were scared that maybe Jongin deserved better and that maybe you were rushing into everything. So you said no and do you know how much that hurt Jongin?"

Kyungsoo shook his head, his eyes slowly filling with tears "You're supposed to make me feel good about this, Chanyeol. You're doing a terrible job as a best man"

But Chanyeol ignored him and continued "He was so hurt I actually saw him cry and we both know Jongin hates crying. He thought you didn't love him anymore—"

Kyungsoo shook his head furiously "That's not true—"

"— he felt embarrassed, mostly, because do you know how hard he prepared for that proposal? But then I don't know what happened, but suddenly you were the one asking him to marry you." 

 

 

"Jongin" Kyungsoo's voice was barely a whisper when Jongin finally entered the doors of their shared apartment.

He watched as Jongin stop in his tracks, his eyes wandering around their apartment's living room. Candles were everywhere and the lights were out but Jongin can still see as Kyungsoo slowly walked over to where he was rooted. 

"Hyung, what happened?" Jongin asked as Kyungsoo stood merely a foot away from him "Did the electricity go out?"

Kyungsoo shook his head as he fidgeted with both of his hands. "Jongin, I—" but Kyungsoo never got to finish his sentence. Tears were slowly rolling down his face as he looked down, not having the strength to look at Jongin.

"Kyungsoo, is everything alright?" Jongin asked, his hands automatically reaching up to cup his boyfriend's cheeks, his thumb lightly brushing away the tears. But Kyungsoo just cried even more, his hands making their way to cover his face. He didn't want Jongin to see him like this.

"Kyungsoo, are you hurt? What happened? Please tell me, you're making me worried" 

Kyungsoo took a deep breath and removed his hands from his tear-soaked face, his eyes finally meeting Jongin's. Kyungsoo took in his boyfriend's worried look and he closed his eyes before slowly kneeling down in front of his boyfriend.

"Kyungsoo, what are you doing?" Jongin voice cracked as he too knelt down in front of Kyungsoo. "What—"

"Kim Jongin" Kyungsoo cut him off as he grabbed both of Jongin's hands with his "I love you, please know that nothing will ever change that"

"I know that, hyung" Jongin whispered and Kyungsoo saw a tear sliding down from Jongin's eyes "And you do know that I love you just as much, right?"

Kyungsoo nodded as he brought both of their hands to his lips, kissing the back of Jongin's hands softly "and I don't think I c-can take it if you leave m-me"

Jongin tighten his grip on Kyungsoo's hands as he placed his forehead against Kyungsoo's "Hyung, I'm not leaving you, okay?"

"Marry me" Kyungsoo whsipered against Jongin's lips and he watched as Jongin's eyes widen a bit. He felt Jongin withdraw his hands from Kyungsoo's grip and before Kyungsoo can say anything, he felt Jongin's arms around him and Jongin's lips pressed against his temple. 

"But hyung you don't have to do this if you're not—"

"I'm ready, Jongin. I was scared at first that's why I said no, but I know now that I'm ready. You're ready. We're ready"

 

 

 

"You're ready, Kyungsoo. You're just scared as right now but I know that you are ready to start a future with Jongin."

"Is this how you felt when you married Baekhyun hyung?" 

"Well, yeah, I was nervous but I was more excited than nervous. I couldn't wait to get married, you and the boys even had to lock me in my room so I wouldn't start the ceremony myself." Both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo smiled at the memory. "But when I was finally saying my vows to Baek, I felt different. Like, my entire body was just of pure happiness. There were no doubts or fears. I just know that nothing will go wrong as long as he was by my side."

Kyungsoo nodded at Chanyeol's words, like he knew the feeling. He was sure he felt that everytime he was with Jongin.

"Everything will change from now on, Kyungsoo, but your love for Jongin and his love for you wouldn't. And if it ever will, it will only deepen. It will deepen as you wake up every morning with his arms around you. It will deepen as you both brush your teeth together in your own bathroom and when you share every breakfast together.

It will deepen every time you look at the ring on your finger, another remembrance that your love is real. It will deepen as you fight over who gets to choose what you'll have for dinner or as you cook dinner for him. It will deepen as you spend each day with him, even though you might annoy each other sometimes. 

It will deepen as you finally say your I do and I can promise you that it'll be worth all this craziness and fear and doubt you are feeling right now. It will all be worth it and I promise you will never regret it"


Kyungsoo stared at the clock just above the door as he sat down, his hands playing with the ring on his left ring finger— a ring similar to the one Jongin was wearing right now. These rings were promise rings they've given to each other during their fifth anniversary and Kyungsoo smiled as he thought about how these rings will finally be replaced by wedding rings today.

It was only five minutes before the ceremony and they were just waiting for the arrival of Jongin so they could start. Kyungsoo reached inside his pocket where he kept a neatly folded paper which contained his vows.

Just as he was about to open the paper, the door suddenly opened and Sehun stepped inside, his eyes looking frantically for someone.

"Hyung" Sehun panted, like he was running "Hyung, I'm so sorry—"

"Sehun" Chanyeol suddenly stood up and walked over to their maknae "What's wrong?"

Sehun's gaze travelled towards Kyungsoo and as soon as Kyungsoo meet Sehun's eyes, he knew something was wrong.

"It's Jongin" Sehun walked over to where Kyungsoo was sitting. "Hyung, Jongin's not coming"

 


 

Hiiiii. I'm having these intense Kaisoo feels these past few days and I just had to write.

Let me know if this is worth continuing or not? :)