0.9

The Devil's Contract

Baekhyun opened his eyes slowly to see the darkness greeting him. He was tired, but for some reason, something didn’t feel right. It was officially four days until the contract was over with Minah. How did he feel about it? The older boy actually didn’t even know how to feel. His shade of blue eyes appeared once again, just thinking about it. To be completely honest, he was quite sad. In such little time, he actually got the chance to know her on a deeper level which he was grateful for. But, his heart….he couldn’t help it anymore.

 

His eyes suddenly widened as he sat up on the bed. No, this wasn’t good. What? Minah wasn’t in the apartment? Why? How? When? When did she go out without his permission? No, wait. Why did she need to go out for?

 

Already panicked, Baekhyun grabbed for his black over coat and quickly ran out of his door. He opened the apartment door and ran down the stairs all the way out of the building. He looked around, confused and worried all at once. He didn’t know where she was at, but his feet was telling him something else.

 

Minah walked the silent streets of Seoul, letting out a sigh. The cold air didn’t seem to bother her, for she was too much into thinking about what’s been happening for the past few days with Baekhyun.

 

“I love you…” Baekhyun stated to himself. His eyes turned to a shade of blue once more as a teardrop fell onto Minah’s left cheek, having her slowly open her eyes, “Bang Minah…”

 

She heard it all, but she was still confused. Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun was in love with her? He knew all about her? But, how was that possible when they have never met before? Did he...did he perhaps-

 

Minah snapped out of her thoughts once two young men walked towards her. Wait, didn’t this seem familiar? Where? Right, her dream from a couple of days ago where she was taken by two young men and Baekhyun called her name. But, the thing was….they weren’t smiling at her. They were looking at her with a blank expression as if they were disappointed for what she had done.

 

“You’re Bang Minah, am I correct?” The tall boy asked, having Minah look at him.

 

Baekhyun walked towards a secret pathway, eyes a bit widened now. Out of all the streets in Seoul, why did she enter this place? Why?

 

He let out a sigh and looked behind him to see if anyone else was watching him perhaps. But, seeing that the night was dead silent and no one was around, he turned around once more and walked up the stairway to the other world.

 

“And you are?” Minah questioned, uninterested.

 

“Kim Ukwon.” The young man stated, “This is my little brother, Kim Taehyung. We couldn’t find your death letter when you died on earth, so we didn’t know how to come down to get you.”

 

“So, you know….what I did?” Minah asked with her puppy eyes a bit confused now.

 

Baekhyun looked back once again, feeling as if someone was now following him. His earphones was plugged into his left ear, navigating where Minah was at. But, deciding to brush it off, the older boy continued to walk. He took a step as a vase of flowers suddenly dropped onto the ground beside his foot. His phone began to beep loudly as he looked at it, telling him that Minah was now in danger. His head turned to the right as he now sprinted to his destination.

 

“You see, when someone dies, a letter of death should be brought to us, but yours went missing.” Taehyung stated, “But, after a few days of investigation…..we realized what had happened.”

 

Minah blinked multiple times, trying to process everything in her mind, “S-so….what happened?”

 

“I’m sure you have a lot of questions you want answered.” Ukwon let out a small smile as they both now went towards, “But, there are some rules you’ll have to follow before we tell you everything.”

 

“Rules?”

 

“The question is, are you willing to forget about Baekhyun?” Taehyung asked, having her eyes that were concentrated on them to look down on the ground now.

 

“You’ll get to know everything, Minah.” Ukwon stated, luring her in with his words, “How Baekhyun knows all about you, why he’s in love with you and why we couldn’t reach you.”

 

She looked back up at them, hesitating with everything. If she was to leave now, she was to forget Baekhyun forever. But, what would happen to him? Would he be punished? Will he be okay?

 

“Everything will make sense at the end, pabo-ah…” He exhaled the winter fog out of his mouth, making her look ahead of her.

 

“...but, what if it doesn’t? Will you tell me everything then...until I understand?”

 

But, everything….Minah needed to know why they happened the way it did. All her questions, all her mixed emotions, she needed to know. She wanted to know.

 

The sound of the devil's breath was heard. The orange-yellow full moon enshadowed the night as the city lights all began to black out. Baekhyun ran and ran, yet the black gates seemed to be furthering away every step he took. This couldn't be the end. This was not how he wanted to say goodbye. His heart beat increased, his breath became heavy.

 

The young man had finally met face to face with his destination, reaching the black gates that were already tightly shut, but with hope, both his hands wrapped around two bars, trying to open the gates.

 

"Minah!" He yelled from the top of his lungs, "Bang Minah!"

-------------------------------------------

A/N: OMGEEEE! I'm writing this while I'm in class. Lol, I got carried away and couldn't help it, but decided to update! I hope you all liked this chapter! The ending is coming soon and everything will be revealed, maybe? Lol, Anywho, more will come and I hope you patiently anticipate and bare with me. Let me know what you think so far of the story by putting down some of your thoughts in the comments below. I'd really like it if you guys can cooperate with me and give me feedback too because again I am human. I wanna know what's going on in your head because as if right now, I don't have the motivation to write this story. I think that's the reason to why it's taking me so long to update too. But, am I doing something wrong that's why you readers are so silent? Please, I'm begging youuuuu. >________< Anywho, thank you for subscribing and/or reading. Until next time. )':