0.10

The Devil's Contract

Listen To: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5aitEq-VyM

 

______________________________________________________________

 

“The question is, are you willing to forget about Baekhyun?” Taehyung asked, having her eyes that were concentrated on them to look down on the ground now.

 

“You’ll get to know everything, Minah.” Ukwon stated, luring her in with his words, “How Baekhyun knows all about you, why he’s in love with you and why we couldn’t reach you.”

 

She looked back up at them, hesitating with everything. If she was to leave now, she was to forget Baekhyun forever. But, what would happen to him? Would he be punished? Will he be okay?

 

But, everything….Minah needed to know why they happened the way it did. All her questions, all her mixed emotions, she needed to know. She wanted to know.

 

“I’m willing to forget…” Minah stated, having Taehyung and Ukwon let out a smile in satisfaction.

 

“You’ve made the right choice, but first...we’ll have to make sure to take you into a room to transform out of your devil-like form.”

 

“I’m not doing anything...until I know everything first.” Minah stated, scared that they were lying to her.

 

Taehyung let out a smile, “Fair, enough.”

 

“Devil’s aren’t suppose to track a human's life unless if they’ve cause more than 1,000 sins. But, the day Baekhyun accidentally came across finding you...he kept tracking you down.”

 

Minah looked at them with puppy eyes, still confused “What?”

 

“He wasn’t meant to look for you. He was looking for someone else, but he accidentally found you and from that day on….it was your beauty that called out to him.”

 

“My beauty?”

 

“When he was tracking your life, he would go into the secret room where devil's find the humans with more than 1,000 sins...but he would go in there alone and watch what you’ve been doing and see how you live life. He’s seen you sad. He’s seen you heart broken. He's seen you happy. And that’s how he knew all about you. Through observing you from afar,it was a sin to know too much about a person." Ukwon stated.

 

“And through getting to know you inside and out, Baekhyun unknowingly fell in love with you.” Taehyung continued, “We spoke to his brother Suho in hell a few days back and he finally told us everything about what Baekhyun did and why he did it.”

 

"Why'd he leave you?" Baekhyun questioned, finally looking up at her with his blank face. Actually, he did. He knew what a first love was. He knew what it was like to love a person...but, from afar.

 

She was sad and Baekhyun knew that. He knew that very well. This secret he had within him. The biggest sin of all that he had caused was buried so deep inside of him that only he, himself knew. Why? Because, he could've caused a lot more chaos than there already was.

 

"Of course she doesn't remember me." He stated, exhaling through his nose gently, "But, why...why do I feel as if I should tell her?"

 

“We couldn’t reach you and couldn't come down to come and get you because Baekhyun wanted a chance to be with you on earth.”

 

“So, this was…” Minah looked at them, “This was his plan?”

 

“You can say. However, you dying wasn’t the plan. He was going to disguise himself into a normal human being, but you ending up dying made it easier for him.”

 

Minah looked back, hearing Baekhyun calling her name over and over again as he tried to break free the door somehow. But, all she did was let out a sad small smile.

 

“I know it's a sin to fall in love, but...” Minah let out a small smile as he now looked at her, “Have you ever been in love at all?” Her eyes now shifted to meet his as Baekhyun looked at her for awhile before looking at the ground of the ferris wheel.

 

“Love is painful...” Baekhyun stated, “Why would I want to be in love?”

 

“It was just a question...” She let out a sigh, looking back at the view above them, “Is this how it feels like....to look at the world from the sky?”

 

“It's just...”

 

Minah looked at Baekhyun who exhaled through his mouth. The older boy looked at her, his eyes now the shade of blue once again.

 

“I watched her...in pain over and over again.” He looked away, blinking multiple times, “It was a place where I couldn't touch her or even hold her. It was a sad story of hers that couldn't come true because the closer she got, the more she got hurt.” Baekhyun let out a sad smile as his eyes went back to the shade of brown, “I didn't understand why she dreamed so dangerously.”

 

“I’m sorry, Baekhyun…” Minah stated, “But, I had to know.”

 

Baekhyun shook the two bars back and forth as he tried to open the black gates somehow. But, no matter what he did, it wouldn’t open. It was tightly shut. A sigh escaped his mouth as he turned around and looked at the dark sky, exhaling another long sigh again as his eyes met with the ground.

 

Taehyung and Ukwon brought her into another room to wash off her devil-like form first. Wanting to give her space, the two boys decided to wait in another room.

 

Minah didn’t realized that she was in a devil-like form until she looked herself in the mirror, seeing herself in a black, yet beautiful dress with her eyes a shade of gray. Her hair was tied up into a bun as she sat in there, waiting and thinking about everything that was going on.

 

Baekhyun stumbled against the room Minah was in while his left hand clenched onto his heart. He was hurt, badly hurt indeed. But, the thought of maybe seeing her again...at least for the last time made it bareable. How’d he get in, you may ask? Sins. He had confessed to the heavenly gods, finally letting them know all his sins he had done for none other than the woman he had fallen in love with. Bang Minah.

 

The black gates had opened for him in the permission of the God’s letting him in, for they had felt pity and sympathy for a love story of his that could never come true. But, knowing that this was probably the last time Baekhyun and Minah was going to see each other, the heavenly Gods had decided to let this slide just once.

 

“Don’t go…” Minah heard Baekhyun from outside the door as she blinked, looking back to only be greeted by the closed door, “If you can hear me…” Baekhyun’s voice echoed weakly, “Come back...I’ll tell you everything myself.”

 

But, all Minah did was sit there, too troubled by her thoughts. She had got to know everything she needed to know already. She just wanted it to stop. She wanted everything to stop. She didn’t want to do this anymore.

 

And as if the heavenly Gods heard her thoughts and prayers, the room suddenly turned all white, spreading as if it were dust from a bomb that had hit Baekhyun in the chest harshly, causing him to fall back onto the floor, hard.

 

His breath became uneven and his heart began to weaken even more. Baekhyun looked up, tired and exhausted to see Minah dressed beautifully in a goddess like white dress that made her look like an angel now. Her eyes were still a shade of grey as she looked around, almost as if she didn’t know where she was. Both their eyes met and just like that, Baekhyun could feel her forgetting him again.

 

Only one….” The devil’s contract stated, only one can forget everything, for he who decides to agree on such sins being made must be punished for this contract to go on.”

 

And those eyes he had loved for oh so long, looked at him in such a strange way. And for as long as Baekhyun could remember, that was the last time he had seen her. He had loved her for so long.

 

Minah’s one heart hurt another. He had loved her and she had let her good one down. She had let her true love die. She had his heart, but she broke it every time.

 

And that’s when Baekhyun realized, she had never loved him back. It was all in his mind. Her smiles. Her calling him “Oppa”. Her heart beating. All she had in her heart was Minhyuk and never once Baekhyun. That’s when he had realized it was never really Minah’s contract after all that they had both decided to sign on, but the devil’s contract.

 

Baekhyun's tears slowly began to form in his eyes as he saw Minah's back towards him, walking away with Taehyun and Ukwon now. He couldn't save her because she was never his to save in the first place.

 

"I love you..." Baekhyun stated with a weak grin, just like how he had confessed to her on the hilltop, "Bang Minah..."

 

Shades of blue. His shades of blue eyes were a symbol of his broken heart and sadness of the love he knew was forbidden to have. But, her shades of grey. Her shades of grey eyes were the emotions and thoughts she wanted to stop feeling for eternity.

 

-------------------------------------------

A/N: AND JUST LIKE THAT, "THE DEVIL'S CONTRACT" IS DONE! :O I can't believe I finished it! I hope you all understood Baek's sin's and everything and all. I hope the ending wasn't too confusing. If it is, let me know  putting down some of your thoughts in the comments below and I'll add another chapter to clarify any confusions. Anywho, I'd really like it if you guys can cooperate with me and give me feedback too because I wanna know what's going on in your head. Was it a bad ending? Was it a good ending? What did you think of it? Please, comment, juseyo~ >________< Anywho, thank you for subscribing and/or reading. 

SPECIAL THANKS TO: ALL OF THE SUBBIES THAT WERE PATIENTLY WAITING AND COMMENTING ON THIS STORY. THANK YOU SO MUCH, FOR YOU MADE MOTIVATED ENOUGH TO CONTINUE AND ACTUALLY FINISH THIS STORY. THANK YOU A MILLION. <3