0.7

The Devil's Contract

The sound of footsteps and people talking disappeared out of her apartment. Minah's eyes were still wide as Baekhyun listened, just in case if they were still there.

 

“B-Baekhyun...” Minah whispered.

 

“They're gone.” Baekhyun pulled away as if a sharp knife was stabbing his heart. He held onto his chest as Minah looked at him worried.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“I'm fine.” He said a bit cold, unintentionally, “Stop being so damn sad, will you.”

 

He looked at her as she gave him a shocked expression.

 

“I...” She blinked multiple times before looking down at the ground, “I'm sorry.”

 

“They can sense something isn't right.” Baekhyun let out a low shriek as he fell to the ground, hand still on his chest. He gripped onto his shirt tightly as Minah attempted to help him back up. But, instead, Baekhyun yanked away from her harshly, “Go....Before I become someone I don't want to be.”

 

The younger girl bit her lower lip as she did what he said. Millions of questions began to wander in her mind, but she knew it wasn't the time to be asking anything.

 

Minah left to her room as she leaned back against the wall that was against Baekhyun's room. Her hands rested on her curled up knees that were up to her chest. Her eyes shifted to the left as if Baekhyun was there beside her. She could feel his breath heaving in and out as if he was pain. She knew well that this was his punishment for doing such a sin for someone that was suppose to be dead already. Knowing this, her tears rolled down her cheeks. If it was anyone to punish, it should be her, right? She was the one that asked for the favor. She was the one that wanted this, so why wasn't she punished? Why was Baekhyun the one getting hurt?

 

The morning sun rose as the darkness of stars left. Six days left until Minah and Baekhyun officially separated from one another. She had many things she wanted to do. She just didn't expect that any of this would have happened to her at all.

 

“I wanna go to an amusement park.” Minah stated with a smile as Baekhyun looked at her with a confused look.

 

“We're gonna be stuck with couples everywhere.” He retorted back, making her shrug.

 

“So?”

 

“So?” Baekhyun questioned her a bit shocked, “How could you-”

 

“You'll finally get to experience adventure. Take advantage of that while you can, Oppa.” Minah grinned and hooked arms with Baekhyun as they both entered the amusement park.

 

Baekhyun let out a scoff, but laughed anyways, finally giving in. It was almost as if nothing happened last night. The two didn't bring anything up, for they wanted to forget it and keep going with the contract since it was still ongoing regardless of what had happened last night.

 

After getting tickets and everything, Minah toured Baekhyun around. They conversated well, joking and laughing upon one another. They didn't realize themselves that they were simply enjoying each others company.

 

“We should go on a roller coaster.” Minah said, pointing to the steepest rides of all.

 

“You could go alone. I'll watch you.”

 

“Ani-”

 

Before Minah could finish her question, Baekhyun immediately interlaced both their hands together. His eyes shifted back, having the feeling that someone was following them around. The young girl was going to say something, but his grip tightened as he began to walk, having her walk with him.

 

“What's wrong?” She asked, looking back to see no one in particular to bring them trouble.

 

“Stay close to me.” Was all he said.

 

Her heart beat increased as she looked at the side of his face. He was serious and for once, she felt...protected, safe and content. How was it possible that they had only met two days ago?

 

Baekhyun looked at Minah as he stopped walking, making her look at him.

 

“Let's go on the ferris wheel instead, hmmm?” He stated, smiling.

 

Minah let out a small smile and nodded, “Arrasso.”

 

The two sat across one another inside the spacious ferris wheel. The ride went slowly as they two looked out to see the sun just barely coming up. It was as if the sky wanted to cry today, but forced the feeling of tears and sadness back as it covered it's feelings with the bright color of yellow-ish orange.

 

“Baekhyun...”

 

“Mmm?”

 

“I know it's a sin to fall in love, but...” Minah let out a small smile as he now looked at her, “Have you ever been in love at all?” Her eyes now shifted to meet his as Baekhyun looked at her for awhile before looking at the ground of the ferris wheel.

 

“Love is painful...” Baekhyun stated, “Why would I want to be in love?”

 

“It was just a question...” She let out a sigh, looking back at the view above them, “Is this how it feels like....to look at the world from the sky?”

 

“It's just...”

 

Minah looked at Baekhyun who exhaled through his mouth. The older boy looked at her, his eyes now the shade of blue once again.

 

“I watched her...in pain over and over again.” He looked away, blinking multiple times, “It was a place where I couldn't touch her or even hold her. It was a sad story of hers that couldn't come true because the closer she got, the more she got hurt.” Baekhyun let out a sad smile as his eyes went back to the shade of brown, “I didn't understand why she dreamed so dangerously.”

 

“So, you have been in love?” Minah let out a sad smile, “Love can be painful....but, in the most beautiful way.”

 

“Bang Minah....”

 

Minah looked up at Baekhyun who looked at her, having both their eyes meet once again.

 

“Promise me something, arrasso?”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Don't cry anymore...” Baekhyun gave her a small smile, making her eyes look down now, “If you keep crying, your time's going to run out before you know it...” Silence, “If you have to, give me your tears then. I'll cry for you if I have to.”

 

Tears built up in Minah's eyes little by little at his every word. Why was he saying this?

 

“Baekhyun-”

 

“Don't...”

 

She looked down at Baekhyun who had knelt down to her level. His hands were on either sides of her legs, resting on the seat. Slowly, both his hands went up, resting it on both her cheeks.

 

“Don't cry in places without me anymore, arrasso? You can lean on me now.”

 

“Why do I feel like I've known you all my life?” She stated, voice quivering as she held back her tears.

 

Baekhyun let out a sad smile, “I'm your guardian devil...I know all about you.”

 

“I love you....” Those words he had wanted to spit out, but couldn't. Those words he had buried inside him couldn't be spoken. Shades of blue. Her smile. The way she talked. Her pain. Her story. I love you was the only thing he could say without actually telling her he did.

-------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey, guys! MusicBeliever0493 here!! ^^ After 2 long months, you finally get an update!!! I know, I said I would be a better author-nim, but school has taken over me. :'( I'm so so sorry. I tried to make it as long as possible, so I hope you liked it. More will come and I hope you patiently anticipate and bare with me. Let me know what you think so far of the story by putting down some of your thoughts in the comments below. I'd really like it if you guys can cooperate with me and give me feedback too because again I am human. I wanna know what's going on in your head because as if right now, I don't have the motivation to write this story. I think that's the reason to why it's taking me so long to update too. But, am I doing something wrong that's why you readers are so silent? Please, I'm begging youuuuu. >________< Anywho, thank you for subscribing and/or reading. Until next time. )':