Chapter 7 - Waiting for You

Found You

“Hyung!!!”

A loud scream surprising Jungkook who is in a deep slumber. He immediately opens his eyes and turns his gaze to his left side, realizing who is the owner of the voice of that scream that has make him awake. “Tae..”

“No...!!”

“Taehyungie, calm down..” Jungkook pulls Taehyung’s body into his embrace. “It’s okay, Tae.. I’m with you..” He whispers to Taehyung’s ear while rubbing Taehyung’s back tenderly.

“J-Jungkook..”

“Yes, Tae.. I’m here..” Jungkook tightens his hug around Taehyung’s trembling body as the latter burries his face on the crook of Jungkook’s neck and clutching his t-shirt tightly, just like what he did before.

“I’m scared..” The elder says while panting hardly and Jungkook just wants to hug him even tighter.

“Don’t be scared. It’s okay now, Taetae. That was just a dream..” Jungkook begins to make a circle pattern on Taehyung’s back in attemp to calm him down. “Beside, I’m here with you.. you are not alone.”

“I know.. thank’s Kookie.” Taehyung seems more relax now. He releases his grip on Jungkook’s t-shirt and puts his arm around the younger’s waist. They stay like that, hugging each other in silent for a moment until Taehyung decides to break the silent. “But it wasn’t just a dream.”

Jungkook tilts his head to look at Taehyung right in his eyes. “Then what was that? Would you mind to tell me?”

Taehyung nods slowly. He takes a deep breath before begins to tell Jungkook about his nightmare. “It was about the accident that happened seven years ago.”

“That accident?”

Taehyung nods his head again. “It was dark.. and cold. We were drifting in the river. Me and Baekhyun hyung were holding each other as the swift flows took us to somewhere we didn’t know. I was crying so hard and gripping hyung’s hand so tight. He did that too.. but suddenly there was a giant stone in front of us and hyung’s head was bumped onto it, hard enough that made him unconcious. We were separated, his body was restrained by that giant stone while I continued to be swept away by the flows.” Taehyung pauses for a moment. He closes his eyes, letting the memory fills up his mind. “I was freezing.. and shivering. It was really cold. And the worst thing was.. I was alone. I was so scared, Jungkook. I kept scream Baekhyun hyung’s name, wishing for him to come and catch me but it didn’t happen..” Taehyung lets his tear to fall down his cheek. “I lost him.. just like I lost my parents..” And then another tears roll down, following the previous one. “I miss him, Jungkook.. I miss him so much that it hurts.”

“I know it. But you already found him, right?” Jungkook says softly as he wipes Taehyung’s tears with his thumb. This is his first time hearing about that accident from Taehyung. He never told him about that before. Jungkook just knew that Taehyung lost his parents because of  a car accident from Taehyung’s grandfather. He never knew if Taehyung also lost his brother as well. He even didn’t know if Taehyung has an older brother until now.

“He had forgotten me..”

“No, he didn’t. He just can’t remember you for now. But I’m sure he will remember you again someday..” Jungkook lifts Taehyung’s chin to make the latter looks at him. “You just have to wait.. give him time, okay?”

“Okay..”

Jungkook gives him a soft smile as he caresses Taehyung’s cheek tenderly. He knows it’s hard for Taehyung and he just want to comfort him. He wants the elder to know that he, Jeon Jungkook, is there for him, for Kim Taehyung. “Now, can you please give me your smile? I’ve been missing it so much.”

Without realizing it, Taehyung’s lips form a smile after hearing Jungkook’s request. Jungkook giggles happily upon seeing Taehyung’s smile and Taehyung follows him soon after.

“We are like two crazy person. We cried in the park until our eyes became all puffy and now we just laugh in the middle of the night when we should sleep.”

“But it’s nice to share both of sadness and happiness with each other. And I think you’re right, Tae.. we should sleep now.”

“Yeah.. but, can we make that shield again?”

“You are still afraid of your nightmare. Aren’t you?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Then let’s make a bigger and stronger one.”

“How?” Taehyung looks at Jungkook in confusion but immediately replace with a smile when the younger hugs him tightly.

“Here..”

“This way?”

“Yes.”

Taehyung hugs Jungkook back and closes his eyes. “Thanks, Kookie..”

“Anytime, Taetae..”

 

>>><<< 

 

“What flavour does he like?” Baekhyun mumbles to himself as he looks at the list of the menu in front of him.”

“I thought you know my favorite drink..”

Baekhyun glances to his right side to find a pouting Chanyeol. “It’s not for you, Chanyeol. I’ve already ordered your usual moccacino and a vanilla latte for me.”

“So?”

“I’ve been thinking about visiting Taehyung’s room and bring him some snacks and drinks.”

“Visiting Taehyung’s room?” Chanyeol furrows his eyebrows while the latter just nods his head and smile happily. “Why are you suddenly want to visit Taehyung’s room?”

“Why? Can’t I?” This time, Baekhyun is the one who furrows his eyebrows.

“It’s just.. you just know him, and I think you aren’t really close to each other..”

“That’s why I want to visit his room. I want to know him more and being close to him.” Baekhyun pats his own lips with his index finger as his eyes still fix to the menu. “Does he like a cafe latte? How if I order it for him?”

“Why don’t you just ask him? Do you already have his number?”

Baekhyun shook his head miserably.

“Or Jungkook?”

“I don’t have any of their contact..”

“Then just order random flavour and hoping he will like it. It’s getting dark outside, we should go back to the dorm soon.”

“Okay, I’ll buy him a cafe latte..” Baekhyun informs his tall friend. “Oh, how about Jungkook?” He seems to confuses again, making Chanyeol to mentally facepalm himself.

“Caramel macchiato..” Chanyeol calls out one of the drink’s name randomly.

“Do you think he will like it?”

“Let’s just do the same way with the cafe latte for Taehyung..”

“Yeah, I hope they will like the drinks. Wait here, I’ll order the drinks for them.”

“Okay.” Chanyeol sighs as Baekhyun makes his way to the counter table.

 

>>><<< 

 

“Hyuuunngg..”

Taehyung tilts his head to look up at Jungkook who is pouting cutely. “Why are you calling me like that?”

“I just cut your name.”

“Then it has to be ‘Tae’..” Taehyung rolls his eyes. “What do you want from me?” He continues, knowing that Jungkook called him that way because there is something he wants.

“Let’s go outside.”

“Actually, I’m too lazy to even move my head from your lap.”

“It’s because my lap is just too cozy, isn’t it?” Jungkook Taehyung’s head that is resting on his lap, playing with the latter’s soft hair.

“Yes, it is.”

“But I’m boring, Tae. We’ve been spending our free day here all day..”

“Then where do you want to go?”

“Let’s go for a dinner.”

“Are you asking me for a date?” Taehyung teases the younger, earning a light punch on his chest.

”You can call it like that if you are the one who pay the bill.”

“But you are the one who want to have a dinner outside our room sweet room.”

“It’s home sweet home, Tae..” Jungkook rolls his eyes.

“But this place can’t be called as a home.”

“Whatever.” Jungkook shrugs in annoyance, but immediately turns on his aegyo in the next second. “Let’s go, Taetae.. pleaseee..” He shakes Taehyung’s shoulder while whining in a cute way.

“Okay.. okay..” Taehyung gives up and finally gets up from laying position. “Look at you..” He cups Jungkook’s cheeks with both of his hands.”..a kid who always pretends to be cool all the time but turns to be a cutie pie whenever you want something from me.”

Jungkook pouts his lips then puts his arms on the back of Taehyung’s neck. He pulls Taehyung toward him until their foreheads touch each other. “First, I’m not a kid anymore. Second, you know that I like being cool and I just can’t emulate your cuteness, weirdness and craziness.”

“You are already cute, you know? You just rarely show it.. and you almost as weird and crazy as me..” Taehyung giggles cutely.

“That’s because you transmit your weirdness and craziness to me..” Jungkook doesn’t want to give in. “And last, isn’t it good that I just show my cute side in front of you?” Jungkook grins widely – that showing his bunny teeth – after finishing his words, earning a heavy sigh from the elder.

“Okay, you win.” Taehyung removes his hands from Jungkook’s cheeks and puts them on Jungkook’s chest to push his body away from him.

“Yay!” Jungkook makes a victory dance with his hands for a while and then gets up from the bed. “Get up, Tae. Let’s go now, I’m starving..” He grabs the elder’s arm and pull him out of the bed.

 

>>><<< 

 

“Is this their room?” Chanyeol looks at the door in front of him then turns his gaze to Baekhyun who stands next to him while holding a piece of paper in one hand and a plastic bag full of snacks in the other hand.

“If we look at the number written on this paper.. then yes, this is their room.” Baekhyun answers as he checks the number on the paper he is holding with the one sticking on the door. “Knock it, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol furrows his eyebrows. “Excuse me.. can you do that for me? My two hands already occupied with this drinks and pizza.” He raises his hands, showing Baekhyun what he is holding.

“Oh, sorry..” Baekhyun chuckles quietly before reaching his own hand that is holding the paper, ready to knock the door when the object he is going to knock suddenly opened in front of him, revealing two boys who are standing in the other side of the room.

“H-hyung?”

“Oh, Taehyung.. Hi..” Baekhyun waves his hand awkwardly. “I just going to knock your door but you open it first. Would you mind if we visit your room?”

The said boy just stands still while stares blankly at the elder, but he finally snaps back when Jungkook nudges him with his elbow. “Ohh.. come in, hyung..” He manages to response and lets Baekhyun and Chanyeol get into the room. “How do you know our room?”

“We asked the officers.” Baekhyun replies as he enters the younger’s room.

“It’s look like you two are going to go somewhere.” Chanyeol asks curiously, looking at the two youngest’s outfit.

“Are you going to go on a date?” Baekhyun says jokingly, but manages to make both Taehyung and Jungkook to widen their eyes. Especially Jungkook, who immediately realizes that Baekhyun and Taehyung have a same thought about ‘a date’ thing.

“We just want to buy something to eat.” Jungkook answers, making a clarification, while Taehyung just smiles secretly as he puts a small table at the empty space of the room.

“Ooh.. I’m glad we come on time. We bring all of this for us.” Chanyeol puts the drinks and pizza on the table, followed by Baekhyun who puts a plastic bag full of snacks soon after.

“Thank you, hyung.. and Chanyeol sunbae..” Taehyung says to the elders as they all take a sit on the floor, surrounding the table.

“You should call Chanyeol hyung too..” Baekhyun complains. “And Jungkook, you have to stop calling us sunbae as well. We are hyung for you two from now.”

“Okay, hyung..” The youngers reply in unison, earning a wide smile from the elders.

“Here, Baekhyun spent fifteen minutes of his time just to decides what drinks he’ll buy for both of you. I hope his choice isn’t wrong.” Chanyeol winks at Baekhyun playfully as he gives the caramel macchiato to Jungkook and cafe latte to Taehyung.

“We like it, hyung,, thank you..”

The four of them spend that night like that. Eating, talking, joking and laughing together.

“I was as tall as Chanyeol when we first met, but he was growing too much.”

“No, it was Baekhyun who stop growing a long time ago.”

“What?!”

Baekhyun pouts  cutely while Chanyeol grins from ear to ear. Taehyung and Jungkook just giggle happily seeing both of them.

“Baekhyun is good at imitating people and he likes to make an ugly face..”

“Yah! Why are you telling them that, Park Chanyeol?” Baekhyun glares at the tall boy.

“Oh, really?” Jungkook looks a little surprised. “Taehyung likes to make an ugly face too.. he also loves to make a monodrama.”

“Monodrama?” The elders ask in unison.

“Yes. When he is alone and get bored, he’ll talk to himself and playing a dual role.”

“Stop it, Jungkook.” Taehyung punches Jungkook’s arm lightly, but it doesn’t make the younger stops.

“He is weird. All of our friends in school called him an alien. One of our teacher even said something like ‘Kim Taehyung, be a human please..’ to him.”

“Yah, Jeon Jungkook.. enough..” Taehyung is already blushing right now. He covers the younger’s mouth with his hand to prevent him from saying another silly thing about him. “It’s embarrassing, you know?”

This time, it’s Baekhyun and Chanyeol turn to giggle happily, along with Jungkook who is giggling quietly while his mouth being covered by Taehyung’s hand. Taehyung just smiles sheepishly to the elders while trying to give Jungkook a death glare which is fails miserably.

“I would like to see your little monodrama, Taetae..” Baekhyun says with wide smile on his face, but his smile slowly fade when he realizes that Taehyung isn’t showing his smile again and just stares blankly at him. “What’s wrong, Tae?”

“Did you just call me Taetae, hyung?”

“Yes. Why? Isn’t it your nickname?”

“H-how do you know?”

“I think I ever heard Jungkook called you like that..” Baekhyun turns his gaze to Jungkook who slowly shook his head. “Didn’t I?” He asks, more to himself. “I don’t know. I just feel like I know it. It’s a cute nickname though. Who is it that give you that nickname?”

‘It’s you, hyung..’ Taehyung wants to say that out loud but of course he can’t. “It’s my hyung..” So, he answers Baekhyun’s question just like that.

“Hyung? You have hyung?” Baekhyun looks so excited. “He must be handsome and cute at the same time, just like you..”

“I think he is pretty and cute at the same time. Right, Jungkook?” Taehyung directs his question to Jungkook while his eyes is looking straight at Baekhyun.

“Yes, he is.” Jungkook replies, also directs his eyes to Baekhyun.

“Wow! So, your hyung is a pretty boy.. just like Baekhyun.” Chanyeol smiles mischievously. If only Baekhyun knows that there is a hint in Chanyeol’s words – because Chanyeol already know that Baekhyun is Taehyung’s lost brother from Jungkook.

“Yah! I’m a boy, Park Chanyeol. how could you say that I’m pretty? Can’t you compliment me by saying that I’m handsome, or cool, or anything but pretty? Why do you like to tease me?” Baekhyung begins to whine endlessly, earning a soft chuckles from the three other person in that room.

 

>>><<< 

 

It’s been a while since Jungkook and Taehyung met Baekhyun and Chanyeol. The four of them become closer day by day. They often hang out and spend their free time together. Sometimes, Jungkook and Chanyeol will let Taehyung to get his time only with his brother, Baekhyun. Like letting both of them buy some snacks for their movie marathon time while the other two wait in the dorm or vice versa. Taehyung very grateful because they do it for him, so he could be close to his hyung who has been separated from him for a long time. Even though it’s undeniable that there are a mix feelings of sad and dissapointed in his heart because Baekhyun still can’t remember him until now. He never shows it in front of the others though, even in front of Jungkook. But, being the person who knows Taehyung so well, Jungkook still can notice the sadness that Taehyung tries to hide. Just like what he sees on Taehyung’s face right now.

“Tae..”

“Oh, Jungkookie..” Taehyung shows his smile to the younger but it turns to a frown when he sees the other’s expression. “What? Am I in ‘Blank Tae Mode On” again?”

“No..”

“Then what? Why are you looking at me that way?”

“Are you happy?”

Taehyung freezes for a moment. Why does Jungkook suddenly ask him that question?

“Tae..”

“I know you won’t believe me if I tell you that I’m happy.” Taehyung says as he direct his gaze to a certain person who is practicing his vocal with his tall friend.

“You miss him so bad, don’t you? You miss Baekhyun hyung, I mean.. your Baekhyun hyung.”

Taehyung nods his head, eyes still glued to the said boy. “He has a beautiful voice since he was really young. He used to sing lullaby for me and I will immediately fall asleep after hearing his soft voice.”

“You miss that moment?”

“I miss every moment with him.” Taehyung silents for a while, just stares longingly to his Baekhyun hyung. “He will get his memory back.. he will remember me again, right? I just have to wait for him. Right, Jungkook?” Taehyung continues as he turns his gaze to Jungkook. His eyes is full of hope.

“Yes. Of course, Tae..” Jungkook holds Taehyung’s hand and gives him a reassuring smile.

“Taehyungie.. Jungkookie,, what are you doing there?” Suddenly, Baekhyun’s voice is heard, making the two said boys to turn their gaze to the owner of that voice.

“Hyung..” Taehyung immediately shows his smile as he sees Baekhyun begin to makes his way toward them.

“What are you two talking about? You look so serious..”

“Actually.. we talk about you, hyung.” Jungkook’s answer makes Taehyung’s eyes widen. Since when Jungkook looks so convidence in front of Baekhyun? Where does the shy Jungkook go?

“Me?”

“Yes. This Kim Taehyung here is really love your voice.” Jungkook puts his arm around Taehyung’s shoulder and pats it lightly. “He said that if you sing a lullaby for him, he will immediately fall asleep after hearing your soft and beautiful voice.”

“Oh, really?”

Taehyung grins awkwardly to hide his embarrassment. “Is it a bad way to compliment your voice, hyung?”

“No. Thanks for your compliment, Tae..” Baekhyun ruffles Taehyung’s hair tenderly and Taehyung has to hold the urge to pull the elder’s body into his embrace. “By the way, is Jungkook always sing a lullaby for you?”

“No. It’s me who often do that for him.”

“Yeah. If blabbering something out loud can be named as a lullaby.” Jungkook rolls his eyes.

“It’s rap, you know? I was rapping..”

“Since when does rap use as a lullabies?” Chanyeol finally joins the three of them after he stored back the guitar he used to accompany Baekhyun’s vocal practice at its previous place.

“And you have to know that he has no rhyme for his so called rap, hyung.” Jungkook adds, making Taehyung pouts his lips.

“Are you a rapper, Tae?” Chanyeol asks.

Taehyung shook his head sheepishly. “Even though I’m dying to be a good rapper, this chubby bunny kid is better in rapping than me.” He replies as he jerks his chin to Jungkook’s direction, making the elders chuckles quietly at the mention of the youngest’s nickname.

“But you have that deep voice, it really suits well for rapping, just like Chanyeol’s.” Baekhyun assumes.

“It has to be like that, but maybe my skill on rapping just doesn’t suit well.”

“You just have to  practice more, Taetae..” Jungkook pats Taehyung’s shoulder again. ”Beside, your voice is really unique. It’s deep, husky and raspy but it can turns to be so soft and soulful.”

“Wow, Jeon Jungkook..” Taehyung looks at the said boy with an amazed look. “How nice and sweet you are..”

“It looks like this chubby bunny kid really loves your voice. Right, Baek?” Jungkook cheeks slightly blushes as Chanyeol winks at him teasingly. Blame this weird alien for giving him that embarrassing name.

“Exactly!” Baekhyun yells excitedly.

“Owh.. I love you too, Kookie..” Taehyung hugs the younger and begin to swing their body playfully.

“Yah.. yah.. yah.. It’s your voice, Tae.” Jungkook complains as he hits Taehyung’s back lightly for several time with his right hand while his other hand is wrapping Taehyung’s waist firmly. “It’s your voice.. not you..”

“Whatever..”

“They are really cute, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun shakes Chanyeol hand as he looks at the youngers with a wide smile on his face.

“Hey, Baek.” Suddenly, Chanyeol leans in and whispering something into Baekhyun’s ear. “Do you want to be hugged like that?”

And he gets a light slap on his chest as an answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear, my beloved readers..

I'm sorry I haven't update for a really long time. I'm so sorry for making you wait too long. I made a double updates for you guys so pleasee.. forgive me okay? kkkk.. v (>_<) v