Chapter 3 - When They Meet Again

Found You

“Woah, we are in Seoul!”

Taehyung giggles helplessly by seeing Jungkook’s behavior. That boy looks so happy, arms outstreched to top and then landing on Taehyung’s shoulder, shaking it lightly.

“It’s Seoul, Tae! It’s Seoul!”

“Yeah, I know.. but you are too excited, you know?” Taehyung ruffles Jungkook’s hair while the latter pouts. “Yah! What is that? Do you just pout at me?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“You said that I was too excited. Couldn’t I?” Jungkook continues his pout that makes Taehyung wants to pinch his chubby cheeks. “It’s my first time in Seoul.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.” Jungkook rolls his eyes and Taehyung finds it cute. He is about to really pinches Jungkook’s cheeks when suddenly that boy asks him something. “Did you ever go to Seoul?”

“......”

“Tae?”

Taehyung just remains silent. His expression is changes in an instant. His precious rectangular smile is fade away. Jungkook’s question has forced him to recall his past, in here.. in this city. Yes, Taehyung ever go to Seoul before. No, it’s not only that, he even ever stayed in Seoul. But recalling that this time just makes his heart aches. He don’t want to do that. He don’t want to remember it again. If only he can...

“Taehyung!?”

Taehyung jerks a little bit as he hears Jungkook’s voice and feels something touches his cheeks. He seems too busy with his own thoughts and wasn’t aware that the latter keep calling him. Both of Jungkook’s hands are cupping his face and oh.. that gaze, Jungkook’s gaze looks so concern.

“What happen, Tae? Are you okay?”

“Huh? No-nothing. I’m okay.”

“Are you sure?”

Taehyung can hears a tone of anxious from Jungkook’s voice. It makes him feels bad for making Jungkook worried about him.

“Yes.” Taehyung smiles again, but it seems like his smile isn’t enough for removing Jungkook’s concerns. “Yah! Why are you so worried?”

“It’s because your expression suddenly changed, your smile suddenly disappeared, your eyes became null and you didin’t answer me.. you just keep silence..”

“I’m sorry, Jungkook. I didn’t mean it.” Taehyung reaches both of Jungkook’s hands that on his face and hold it tenderly. “I just..” He stops for a moment to think of a good enough excuse that can assuring Jungkook. “I’m hungry.”

Okay. Perhaps ‘hungry’ isn’t a good enough excuse, even Jungkook frowns by hearing his lame excuse. But.. whatever.. the important thing is that it can distracts Jungkook’s concerns.

“Are you hungry? Why didn’t you say so? What do you want to eat?” Jungkook glances around, and then.. “Ah! Ice cream. It’s an ice cream shop over there.” Jungkook points to a small ice cream shop down the street with his right index finger. “Let’s go there!”

“You just ask me what I want to eat but now you choose ice cream for us by yourself.” Taehyung nags quietly, yet he let himself to be dragged by Jungkook to the ice cream shop.

“You don’t want ice cream? Then let’s find another food. What do you want?”

Taehyung thinks for a while and then answers, “Ice cream.”

“Yah!”

Taehyung just giggles cheerfuly as Jungkook punches his chest lightly while pouting his mouth. Then, he reaches Jungkook’s hand and lead him to the ice cream shop.

“Tae, your shoelace is undone..” Jungkook holds Taehyung’s body, making the latter to stop and looks at Jungkook who is pointing at Taehyung’s shoelace. “Fix it first.”

“Okay.”

Taehyung bends his body down and starts to retying his shoelace. Jungkook stands beside him while looking down, staring at Taehyung who is struggling with his shoelace.

 

>>><<< 

 

Baekhyun leans his back on the back of the chair after inserting the last scoop of his ice cream into his mouth. It feels fresh .. and also sweet. Baekhyun always happy to eat ice cream.

“Do you want another scoop of ice cream?”

Baekhyun shook his head slowly as he stares at Chanyeol who is sitting in front of him. After making sure that all the ice cream in his mouth already swallowed, he replied, “No, I’m already full.”

“Of course you are, you ordered a jumbo portions”

“You know that eating ice cream can make me feel so much better.”

“I know, that's why I asked you here.”

Baekhyun smiles. He knows that Chanyeol deliberately took him to ice cream shop to cheers him up, to makes him feel better. And Baekhyun really grateful for that. He knows, meeting Chanyeol and telling all of his problem to the latter is the right choice. Chanyeol always cheers him up. Chanyeol always makes his chaotic minds becomes clear again. Chanyeol always makes him feel better, stronger and can face off whatever problem he has to face.

“Thank you, Chanyeol..”

“Yah! How many ‘thank you’ have you said since last night? You know, too many ‘thank you’ from you can makes me overdose.”

Baekhyun laughs softly upon hearing Chanyeol’s words. Chanyeol probably tired of hearing his gratitude, but Baekhyun always feels this is not enough and just wants to thank the latter over and over again.

“I’m so glad to see you laugh again.”

“That’s because of you, Chanyeol. Tha-“

“I do not hear.. I do not hear.. I do not hear.. I do not..”

Baekhyun hasn’t been completed his speaking but Chanyeol immediately covers both of his ears while babbling loudly. Baekhyun just laughs at Chanyeol’s behavior. Perhaps it is better if he stop thanking Chanyeol.

“Okay.. okay.. I will not say thank you again. You can stop it now.”

“Promise?”

“I will try..” Baekhyun smiles broadly, showing his typical smile, his rectangular smile. Chanyeol can’t help but smiles with him. Finally, Baekhyun already back into what he used to be. “Let’s go!”

“Do you want to go to the hospital now?”

“Yes.”

Chanyeol immediately gets up from his seat with enthusiasm. Baekhyun chuckles softly as Chanyeol reaches out his hand to him. However, he happily grabs Chanyeol’s hand and letting himself to be led by the latter, leaving the ice cream shop.

“I'm glad that you decide to see your father before returning to the dorm. And I'm sure that doctor Byun will be very happy too.”

Baekhyun just smiles. Actually, he is a bit nervous, but he himself also wants to see his father to makes sure that everything is gonna be okay after his status was revealed. He don’t want to go back to the dorm and just left his father for such a long time.

“Nothing has changed between you two, right?”

“Of course. He is my father and I am his son, unless he doesn’t want it anymore.”

“I’m sure it will not happen.”

“I know that.”

Baekhyun feels Chanyeol’s hand slips from his hand, and then the next second, Chanyeol‘s hand is already on his shoulder. They starts walking down the sidewalk, passing the passersby, passing a few street peddlers, and also passing a boy who is standing while watching the other boy beside him who is bending while struggling with his shoelace.

“Come on, Taehyung.”

“Wait a minute.”

That sounds makes Baekhyun turns around and looking back at the two boys he had just passed.

“What happen, Baek?”

“Nothing.” Baekhyun shook his head while turns his gaze to Chanyeol. “Just.. that two boys reminds me of us a few years ago.”

“Do you mean when we were still young?”

“We are still young..” Baekhyun pouts in protest. “Or at least I’m still young.”

“But, you are older than me.”

“I’m just a little older than you. That’s if my birth date is correct. No one really knows when I was born, right?” Baekhyun smiles bitterly after hearing his own words.

“I thought you are not sad anymore.”

“Yeah. I’m not sad, really..” But  Chanyeol stares at him in disbelief. “Oh.. whatever.”

“Yah, Baek! Wait..!!”