Chapter 10 - I Found You

Found You

Dear, all my beloved readers..

First, I want to say sorry for a really really late update. Please forgive me for making you all waiting so long.

Then, I want to say thank you to all subscribers. Thanks to all of you who have been following this story from the beginning and faithfully waiting for an update from me.

Last, I want to inform you that this chapter is the ending of this series. Honestly, I don't really know how to ending this story. So, I hope it won't dissapoint you.

Okay, guys.. happy reading and see you again.. (n_n)v

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

“Taehyung, wake up..” Baekhyun shakes Taehyung’s body as he tries to maintain their bodies so as not to be swept by the river’s flow. “Taetae, please.. do you hear me?”

‘Hyung..’

That sound again. He hears that kid’s voice instead of Taehyung’s. Who is that?

“Tae-“ Baekhyun cuts his words as he sees something come out from behind Taehyung’s shirt. Something around Taehyung’s neck and now it’s floating on the water surface, floating along with the similar object that is around his own neck. “It’s impossible..” He mutters as he watches two pendants with Taehyung's and Baekhyun’s name each engraved on it.

‘Baek hyung, don’t leave me..’

That sound again and Baekhyun swears that he had never felt his head so hurt as he feels now. It’s even more hurt than when he forced himself to remember his past.
“Chan..” Baekhyun gives up to the pain he felt in his head. Even the rest of his energy is not enough even just for calling Chanyeol’s name. If Chanyeol and Jungkook don’t come soon, he isn’t sure if he can maintain Taehyung’s body. He even isn’t sure if he can maintain his own body.

“Baek!!”

“Taetae!!”

And finally, Baekhyun is completely give in as soon as he hears Chanyeol and Jungkook calling for their name.

 

>>><<<

 

“Thank you, appa..”

“Do you like it?”

A little Baekhyun nodded his head in excitement as he looked at the necklace with a wide smile on his face. “Yes, appa.. I like it so much.”

“I like it so much too, appa. It’s really good, I have same necklace with Baek hyung. Thank you..”

“You are welcome, Tae.. take a good care of this necklaces, just as you must take care of each other, understand?”

“Okay, appa! I promise I will protect this necklace as well as I protect Taetae..”

“Me too..!”

 

“Hyung, I’m tired..”

“Come here, Taetae..” Baekhyun taped his shoulder, motioning his little brother to rested his head on it. “Just go sleep, okay?”

“Hhmm.. you too, hyung.”

“I will.”

With that, they closed their eyes and let the drowsiness mastered them. However, before the both of them could really asleep, suddenly they heard the shouts of their parents and within seconds the car they were riding hit something very hard then rolled around. Everything happened so fast and when Baekhyun finally realized he had been swept by the river’s flow along with Taehyung in his arms, while the body of his parents were trapped inside the car that began to sink to the bottom of the river.

“Omma.. appa..”

Baekhyun cried loudly, calling for their parents. His brother, Taehyung, did the same. Baekhyun didn’t know what to do. He just knew that he had to protect his brother, but he didn’t know how. He really didn’t know what he had to do to save himself and his brother.

“Hyung, I’m scared..”

Baekhyun knew that. He already knew that and he was scared too. He was so scared that he couldn’t save their life. He scared that he couldn’t protect his brother. He scared.. so scared.

“Help!!”

Baekhyun was getting frantic when the swift river’s flow swept their tiny body into an unknown place. In the darkness of the night he tried to scream for help, hoping someone would hear and rescue them both.

“Hyuung..”

“Hold on, Taetae..”

Baekhyun held his little brother as tight as he could and tried to swim to the riverside with all of his streng. But he was too little to fight the swift flow.

“I can’t do this. Omma.. appa.. please, save us.”

Baekhyun cried even more. He was hopeless, so hopeless that he didin’t realize there was a giant stone not too far from them and they were about to bump onto it. Though, he couldn’t avoid it. He just had enought time to pull Taehyung’s body away from that giant stone, but not with himself. He didn’t have enough time to stay away until his head hit that rock hard and made him unconscious.

“Hyuuunngg! Noooo..!! Don’t leave me! Hyuuuunnnggg..!!!”

 

>>><<<

 

“Taetae..!!”

Chanyeol immediately stands up as soon as he hears Baekhyun’s voice. “Baek, are you awake?” He asks softly as he Baekhyun’s cheek tenderly. “Thanks, God.. we are in the hospital now. I was so worried to see you fainted in the river. Are you okay, Baek? Is your head hurt again?”

“Where is Taetae?”

As if he doesn’t hear Chanyeol’s question, Baekhyun just gives the taller boy a question too. He even misses Chanyeol’s worried expression because he himself is worrying something right now.

“He is here too..”

“Where? I want to see him. I want to see Taetae, Chanyeol..”

“Clam down, Baek..” Chanyeol tries to holds Baekhyun’s body because the shorter boy forces himself to get up from the bed. “You can see him later, okay? You just woke up and still need to rest.”

“No, I need to see him now. I have to see Taetae right now. Please..”

“Okay.. okay.. we’ll see him.” Chanyeol gives up and complies Baekhyun’s demand. “Come on, I’ll support you.”

“Thanks, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun smiles weakly as he gets up from the bed with Chanyeol’s help. “How is he now? Is he already awake?”

“I don’t know, Baek. I haven’t checked because I was too worried about your own condition. Beside, he has Jungkook with him.”

“I hope he’ll be fine. I shouldn’t have drag him to the river. If only I knew about his fear of the river..” Baekhyun mumbles more to himself as he lets Chanyeol leads him to the next room. “It must be because that accident.”

That sentence draws Chanyeol’s attention. What does that mean? What accident is Baekhyun talking about? Could it be..

“Chanyeol..” Baekhyun calls the taller boy, distracting him from his thought. “Is this Taetae’s room?”

“Y-yes.”

“Then. Lets go..”

“Oh, okay.”

They enter the room and immediately hear Taehyung’s weak voice who seems newly sober.

“Where are we, Jungkook?”

“We are in the hospital.”

“Hospital? Where is Baekhyun hyung?”

“I’m here, Tae..” Baekhyun immediately answers, making the two younger boys aware of their presence in the room.

“Hyung, you are awake..” Jungkook shouts happily.

“Awake? What happen to you, hyung?” Taehyung suddenly looks worried.

“I’m fine, Tae.” Baekhyun takes a sit on the edge of the bed as the younger tries to sit up. “Hey, what are you doing? Lie down, you just woke up..”

“It’s okay, hyung.”

“Really? Aren’t you hurt?”

Taehyung shook his head.

“How about your body? Your leg? Your hand? Your head?”

“I’m fine, hyung.”

“Really?”

“Really, hyung.. I’m okay, so don’t worry about me that much.” Taehyung takes Baekhyun’s hands and holds them gently as he smiles his precious smile.

“Thanks, God. I’m so happy to know that you are fine.” Baekhyun removes one of his hand from Taehyung’s hold to caress the younger’s hair tenderly and returns the smile as well. “I’m sorry for hurting you, Taetae..”

“No, hyung.. don’t be sorry, that isn’t your fault.”

“It’s indeed my fault, Tae. I’ve failed to protect you. I can’t keep my promise to protect my own brother. I’m so sorry I can’t be a good hyung for you.”

“No, hyung. It’s not- wait! What are you just saying, hyung?” Taehyung suddenly cuts his words as he realizes something. “What promise are you talking about?”

“My promise to appa. My promise to take a good care of you..”

Taehyung looks at Baekhyun with his now teary eyes. “Hyung, do you..” His voice is shaky, uncertain but full of hope. “.. do you..”

“Yes, Taetae.. I have my memory back. I remember everything now.”

“Really, hyung? Do you remember me? Do you really remember who I am?”

Baekhyun cups Taehyung’s cheeks with his hands as he stares at the younger lovingly. “You are Kim Taehyung, my Taetae.. my dear cutie little brother.. oh, wait.. you’ve grown up and you even taller than me right now but whatever you are still Byun Baek- no, I mean Kim Baekhyun’s cutie little brother.. I really miss you so much and-“

“I really miss you too, hyung..” Taehyung cuts Baekhyun’s long speech and hugs him as tight as he can. “I thought I’ll never be able to see you again. I thought I lose you forever.” He says as he lets his tears fall from his eyes.

“I’m so sorry, Taetae.. I’m sorry for leaving you alone. I’m sorry because I wasn’t there to protect you, to take a good care of you.. I’m sorry because I ever forget about your existence.. I must be hurting you so much.. you must be really sad.” Baekhyun says again, as his own tears stream down his cheeks.

“It’s okay, hyung. Don’t be sorry about that. That was an accident and definitely wasn’t your fault. I don’t need your apologize, I don’t want it.. I just want you, I want my hyung back.”

“I’m here, Taetae..”
“Yes. You are here now, with me.. and you remember everything.. you remember me, you know who I am. It’s enough for me, hyung.”

Baekhyun smiles upon hearing Taehyung’s words. He is so happy.. really really happy. He found his family, his real family. Maybe, this is the reason of why he felt Taehyung so special for him since the first time he saw the younger in the cefeteria. Even though at that time he didn’t know who Taehyung is. “I don’t want to lose you again, Taetae..”

“Me either, hyung..”

They hug each other tightly while in the other hand, the other two boys watch them with their own teary eyes.

“I really glad that Baekhyun hyung can remember everything again.” Jungkook says while wiping his tears away. “I’m so happy for them.”

Chanyeol smiles as he pats Jungkook’s head softly. He then puts his arm around the youngest’s shoulders to hug him from the side as he says, “Me too, Jungkookie..”

 

>>><<<

 

“Baek..!!”

Baekhyun chuckles as he walks toward Chanyeol who sits on the bench while rising his hand. “You don’t have to rise your hand because I can see your tall figure clearly even from a far.” He comments as he takes a sit next to Chanyeol. “Where are the maknaes?”

“Still on the way I guess..”

“Well, there is something I want to tell you before they come.”

“What’s that?”

Baekhun sighs heavily before he starts to tell Chanyeol whatever he want to tell. “I’ve told appa that I can remember everything again now.” He says while looking straight at the ground. He looks gloomy. No more smile sets on his beautiful face. “I’ve told him about Taehyung too.”

“Then what happen? Why are you look sad? It was suppose to be a good news for him, wasn’t it?” Chanyeol furrows his eyebrows in confussion.

“Yes, it was. He was really happy to hear that.”

“So, what is that making you sad?”

“I’m not sad.” Baekhyun shook his head. “I’m just.. confuse..”

“Why?”

“He asks me if I still want to be ‘Byun Baekhyun’ or...”

“...use your real name again?” Chanyeol continues as the latter just hangs his sentence. “Do you want to be ‘Kim Baekhyun’ again?”

“I don’t know, Chanyeol. Honestly, I’m afraid.. how if I lose him if I become ‘Kim Baekhyun’ again? No matter how, he is my father too.. and I don’t want to lose my father again.”

“I’m sure that doctor Byun doesn’t want to lose you too. He really loves you like his own son.”

“I love him too.. so much. But I love Taehyung so much too that I can’t just let him alone. He needs me as much as I need him. I’m his hyung and I have a responsibility to take care of him. I can let myself to lose Taehyung for the second time.”

Chanyeol pats Baekhyun’s shoulder then hugs him from the side. He wants to support Baekhyun. He wants the latter to know that he is there for him. “I know you don’t want to lose the both of them.”

“Appa told me that he can adopt Taehyung too..”

“I think that’s a good idea, Baek.”

“But I’m not sure Taetae will like that idea. I mean, he isn’t a child anymore. He has grown up and has his own will, own dream, own life.”

“I like it, hyung..”

Baekhyun almost jumps when he heard Taehyung’s voice from behind him. He immediately turns around to find Taehyung and Jungkook stand behind the bench he and Chanyeol are sitting on. “Taetae.. Kookie.. how long have you been there?”

“Long enough to hear your confussion I think..” Taehyung answers while walking to the other bench in front of the hyung’s followed by Jungkook.

“So.. you heard everything, didn’t you?”

“I don’t know if I heard everything or not, but I think I heard enough to understand your confussion. Right, Kookie?”

“Yeah..”

“Hyung, I know you can’t choose between me or doctor Byun. I don’t want you to do that though..”

“Then, do you agree with that adoption idea? Do you really like that idea?”

“I like it, but I can’t agree with that.”

“Why?” Baekhyun can’t help but feels dissapointed, even though he knew from the start that Taehyung might reject that idea.

“Just like you, hyung.. I also have my own family now. If you can’t choose between me or doctor Byun, me either.. I can’t choose between you or harabeoji.”

Baekhyun stunned for a moment. This, another reason for Taehyung to reject the adoption idea. How can he forget about Taehyung’s harabeoji? How can he forget that Taehyung also has someone he doesn’t want to lose?

“I can’t leave him, hyung..”

“Then I’ll be ‘Kim Baekhyun’ again..” Baekhyun states.

“No! Please, hyung.. don’t do that.”

“But, Taetae-“

“Hyung..” Taehyung cuts Baekhyun’s words as he reaches out his hands to holds his hyung’s hands. “..look, you don’t have to change your name just because of me. You have your own family now and so do I. We can keep them and we still can be brothers, right? I don’t care about your name. Whether it ‘Kim Baekhyun’ or ‘Byun Baekhyun’ you are still my hyung and will always be my hyung. We still have each other no matter what..”

Baekhyun smiles upon hearing that from Taehyung. “My little brother really has grown up and become more mature now.”

“Yeah, but I don’t think this bunny kid- Ups! I mean this also a grown up boy beside me will agree with that.” Taehyung turns to look at Jungkook who nods his head in agreement.

“Definitely. He still can be as childish as a five years old child.” The youngest states as he pats Taehyung’s shoulder way too hard. He do that on purpose though.

“And you can be as whiny as a new born baby..” Taehyung replies as he ruffles Jungkook’s hair messily, earning a cute pout from the youngest.

“So, the two of you are a grown up boys who still like a children.” Chanyeol makes a conclution. “But, wait.. I think the one beside me is just like that too..”

“Yah, Park Chanyeol..!”

Chanyeol laughs happily while Baekhyun gives him a dead glare, making the tall boy stops his laugh immediately. “Alright.. alright.. I’m sorry, Baek. Don’t get mad at me, okay? We can’t fight for nothing again, right?”

Baekhyun seems to think for a while before he finnaly says, “Okay, you’re right. Your apologize is accepted.” He smiles cheerfully then turns his gaze back to Taehyung.

“But, Taetae.. you don’t mind if I ask you to meet my father, do you? He really want to see you..”

“Of course, hyung.. I’d love to see him.” Taehyung replies with a wide smile on his face. “You have to see harabeoji too someday, okay?”

“Okay..” Baekhyun returns the smile just as wide as Taehyung’s smile.

“You have to go with us too, Chanyeol hyung..”

“I’ll go with you, Tae.”

“How about me? Aren’t you going to invite me too?” Jungkook protests to his alien hyung.

“Of course you will go with us without having to be invited. How can you aren’t going with us? We are going to our hometown, Kookie. Don’t you want to see your parents?”

“Well, since you mention it.. I just realize that I miss them so much.”

“Owh.. don’t be sad, Kookie. You have me here..” Taehyung hugs the youngest from the side.

“Since I’m Taetae’s hyung.. you have me to, Jungkookie..” Baekhyun adds as he holds Jungkook’s hands.

“And since I’m Baekhyun’s, so you have me too..”

“......”

“What?” Chanyeol shrugs as the other three give him a strange look.

“What do you mean, Chanyeolie? You are mine?” Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows as he look at Chanyeol. The latter just nods his head while grinning from ear to ear. “Do you know how weird it sounds?”

“As weird as Taetae maybe..” Jungkook says while looking at Taehyung teasingly.

“I’m just a normal boy.” Taehyung states.

“Then it sounds normal too, right?”

“NO!!” The three shorter boys yell in unison at Chanyeol, making the tallest one jumps up from his sit. They laugh happily upon seeing Chanyeol’s reaction. Chanyeol himself can’t do anything but laugh together with them.

It’s really amazing, Baekhyun thought. Gaining his memory back, having such a great bestfriend like Chanyeol, finding his beloved Taehyung, and making a good friend with Jungkook. He still has doctor Byun as his father though, and soon he’ll meet Taehyung’s harabeoji. He is so happy and grateful to have all of that. What a great life, right?

 

-FIN-