You've Fallen For Me

Undercover Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You’ve Fallen For Me

 

“I look at you and see the rest of my life in front of my eyes.”

 

London’s Millennium Wheel looked even more amazing at night. It was aglitter with thousands of shining lights, with its spacious gondolas towering high above the rest of the city. Although it was already getting late, the queue in front of the famous attraction was nowhere near decreasing.

 

Shinhye pulled up her scarf when they came closer to the other people waiting in line. However, Yonghwa was guiding her to what seemed like a VIP line. He roamed through the pockets of his jacket and handed the security guards a document. The two giant English man studied the paper and then asked for his identification document. Yonghwa pulled out passport. After quickly comparing the picture with his face they wished them a nice ride and let them pass.

 

Shinhye was so stunned that she was almost caught off guard when Yonghwa entwined her hand with his and pulled him with him.

 

“How did you manage to let us skip the queue?” She asked in amazement, giving him an impressed side glance.

 

“Oh I just let my charm do its work, you know?” He replied cheekily, earning him a soft nudge from his girlfriend.

 

As they stepped up to the Ferris wheel they had to show their ticket again. A lady with curly red hair gave them a bright smile and asked the couple to follow her.

 

The London Eye was moving slowly and when the lady gave them a sign to enter the gondola Shinhye couldn’t do anything else besides holding her breath. Tears immediately started welling in her eyes.

 

The whole inside of the gondola was decorated with flowers. There was a beautifully arranged table in the middle which showed fruits and chocolate fondue as well as a big bottle of Champaign. 

 

“How…?” Her question was left hanging.

 

“Because I love you.” Yonghwa answered bluntly. “And because you only deserve the best.”

 

Shinhye’s mind went blank. She never expected her boyfriend to rent out a whole gondola only for the two of them and to have it decorated like this. It was just perfect.

 

Yonghwa gently guided his girlfriend to the table and pulled back her chair for her. While he sat down himself Shinhye was still looking around herself, trying to take in every single detail of this marvellous moment.

 

“Yong-ah, it is so very beautiful.” She said.

 

Yonghwa was looking at her smilingly. “You are right. She is.”

 

Shinhye blushed at his remark.

 

It was a little like they went to a greatly organized gala in casual outfits with the beautiful lights and flower bouquets placed around them as they were dresses like any ordinary couple, but that was also the most exciting part about it. Yonghwa had actually found a way for them to enjoy their desert freely in public without needing to fear that they could be intruded by reporters or fans. It was just the two of them high above London for one Ferris wheel ride. She loved the surprise more than she could describe in words.

 

After taking off their scarves and hats, Yonghwa opened the bottle of Champaign and they started to comfortably chat and enjoy the fruits. They were talking about their day and how random it had been to walk into Lee Minho and Suzy like that. However, perhaps due to the nice atmosphere in the gondola, none of them felt awkward about it anymore. Although it had come as a shock to them at first they could already laugh about the weird encounter now. It was time to let the past stay in the past. It looked like they had final moved on from all the drama that had disrupted their relationship before and they were both very grateful for it.

 

“Jagiya, it’s been such a long time since we first got to know each other.” Yonghwa eventually reminisced as he reached for her hand and she silently nodded in deep thoughts.

 

“The two of us meeting feels like destiny.” He continued and he could see that Shinhye knew exactly what he meant when they gazed into each other’s eyes. “You’ve been the best friend I could ever imagine. But after you were caught in that dreadful car accident I discovered that you had already become much more than that to me. You are my other half. I don’t feel complete without you. I noticed then that I must have been in love with you already since a long time ago. I was just too stupid to realize it… Pabo me.”

 

Shinhye chuckled as the tip of her thumb reassuringly the back of his hand.

 

“I must have been an idiot, too. I only understood what I truly felt when you came to see me at the hospital. Once you hugged me I thought that everything would be alright just as long as you were there.” She whispered. He could see in her eyes how moved she was thinking of the terrible incident. When the cars crashed her last thought was that she would not be able to see Yonghwa ever again and how much she feared and regretted exactly that.    

 

“Our friendship eventually turned into love, which caught us pretty much off guard. It certainly came with a bang. Everything felt great. But since we are no ordinary people it also became complicated as time went by.” He remembered and Shinhye agreed.

 

“As we somehow ended up just living in the moment for a while we had never thought about the downside of all of it. When we suddenly faced troubles it became really hard on us. We weren’t used to ever disagreeing on anything. It was so unexpected that we could ever become the source of difficulties for one another. Thinking back now I believe it was our toughest lesson to learn. But overcoming all these obstacles is also what I am most proud of today. It made us grow stronger – together as well as individually. We matured a lot since then and I believe we value certain things different today because of our past which is a good thing.” Yonghwa brought up the time they hit rock bottom as his eyes were wandering off into the distance. He was so very glad that they had passed the darkest moments of his life.

 

“We’ve come a long way, neh?” He asked with a warm smile.

 

“A really long way.” Shinhye agreed as she held a strawberry into the chocolate fountain just to feed her boyfriend with it afterwards.

 

She looked around herself, still not being able to believe that she was truly sitting in the London Eye with the man she loved like this. She wondere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter