The Magnetic Pull

Undercover Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear Chingus,

This is the complete 4th chapter now. I hope you enjoy reading it all together! :-)

 

The Magnetic Pull

 

“Fate is the magnetic pull of our souls toward the people we belong with.”

Tiffanie DeBartolo

 

Shinhye awoke to a warm embrace and the very special scent of Jung Yonghwa that could make her feel at home in almost every place of the world. Lying here in his protective arms while being able to hide her face against his muscular chest, she finally felt save. To be far away from home also helped, of course. Her boyfriend following her to London still seemed like a beautiful dream to her.

 

The CNBLUE leader slept soundly next to her. Shinhye couldn’t help but be mesmerised by his handsomeness. There were times when she was a little bit jealous of how ily he flirted with his fans on stage. She sighed. It was hard to share the man she loved, even if he was a famous rock star.

 

Absentminded she had begun to follow the features of his far too perfect face with the soft touch of her index finger. Dark, untidy hair was covering his forehead, falling right onto his long-lashed, tightly closed eyes. She admired his straight nose and the manly high cheek bones, before lowering her view to his full, slightly parted red lips. She felt butterflies in her stomach when the tip of her finger gently caressed his lower lip, while thinking of the times he had kissed her passionately. She would never get used to the sensation his mere presence brought to her.

 

Strangely it had always been this way with Yonghwa even though they didn’t quite fall in love at first sight. They started out as friends, although she had always found their friendship to be different from the ones with her other co-stars. It was more intense, right from the start.

 

Being the youngest actress in the cast for many years, she kind of got used to the usual Oppa-friendship and she had to admit, there were quite a lot of those. In fact, most of her guy friends really gave that brotherly feeling towards her. Jang Keunsuk and Yoon Shiyoon were good examples for that, even if they made a few jokes about liking her sometimes.

 

However, everything was different when she met Jung Yonghwa for the first time. When the still unknown CNBLUE leader walked into her life on the You-are-beautiful-set he instantly captured her attention simply by being a pretty down to earth but playful guy. She quickly felt herself warming up to him, because their personalities were so compatible.

 

Yonghwa had been a trainee in both, Korea and Japan, for a while, but was still quite new to the entertainment industry and its particularities since he hadn’t debuted officially. For the first time, Shinhye got to be more than just another dongseang. They became close very naturally and Yonghwa even acknowledged how he valued her friendship and help publicly when he asked her to drop the honorifics.

 

At first it felt awkward to her to not at least add Oppa to his name, especially since a lot of people around them started to gossip about their close relationship. Some people even claimed they were sometimes switching into what they called “their own little world” and how she behaved out of line when she agreed to drop the honorifics. The criticism made her feel uneasy. But as time flew by, Yonghwa made sure she was comfortable with him being nothing more or less than her friend. He never acted like an Oppa and he never treated her as a Dongseang. In fact, he gave her the feeling of being equal to him and Shinhye couldn’t deny that the way Yonghwa treated her somehow also impressed her. She knew it was extraordinary, especially in a country like Korea, where honorifics were still very important.

 

At that time she already knew that Jung Yonghwa was going to be a name everybody would soon remember throughout all of Asia and even the world. In fact, she called him Bolmae Jung for a reason. He had all the features needed to make it big in the industry, prove provided by the thousands of female fans following him, when he hadn’t even debuted yet. However, compared to a couple of other idols who were mostly famous for their looks, it was also his great range of talents and the outstanding work ethic that brought him to where he was today.

 

She believed that it was the combination off all of his qualities plus his personality that drew her in. The more she would watch him the more sides of him she would notice. He never failed to suprise her.

 

Looking lovingly at the peaceful sight of Yonghwa beside her, Shinhye could only think about how grateful she was for meeting someone this exceptional at such an early stage in her life. They had guided each other through the good and bad times. There was no one who had more influence on her than Yonghwa, not even her parents. It hadn’t always been easy. But looking back at their relationship from the start they had somehow managed to grow with each other without growing apart, which was not a given in their field of work.

 

It was just like Yonghwa promised when they got back together last year. There was this special spot for him in her heart ever since they met each other on their first set and from now on he would make sure it would only grow, until one day he would be able capture all of her heart again. After letting out all of her fears and watching his very mature, reliable reaction last night, she had the feeling that this day was very close now.

 

*****

 

Yonghwa tried to not even move a single muscle while pretending to still be asleep, which was very hard under Shinhye’s gentle touch. He could feel the tingling sensation running down his spine with every line she drew on his bare skin and it required all of his acting skills to not show

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter