- 1/2

Firelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol woke up to a harsh light which stimulated the throbbing in his head. The light was too bright and didn't give off a certain feel. Rubbing his eyes to get adjusted more quickly, he observed his surroundings.

 

The room was a dull white color and the smell of antiseptics wafted into his nose. Chanyeol shivered, which was extremely rare for him — possessing the gift of fire. More times than not, he considered it to be a curse.

 

His uneasiness did not lower and only became more intense. He rose out of the bed he had been lying on in the room, checking to see if there were any IV drips he would have to remove. Chanyeol had finally risen to his feet before a nurse that was patrolling outside noticed and rushed in to check on him. She ushered him back to the bed before going over to the cupboard to grab whatever it was that she needed.

 

She first handed him a cup of water that he gratefully took and quickly drank, just now noticing that his throat felt as parched as the desert.

 

"What happened? Why am I here?" He demanded to know. The lady gave a displeased hmm.

 

Chanyeol wasn't cooperating very well. The small nurse was starting to wrap the cuff of a blood pressure meter around his upper arm when he coughed. He tried asking another question. "...How long have I been here?"

 

She released the pressure on the cuff and mumbled a quiet '120/80' before going to the desk and ty

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter