chapter 2

a Winter's Tale (DISCONTINUED)

 

Knock knock knock

 

 

  "Ne~" Kuroko walked towards his door to open it. And it turns out to be his neighbour, Mrs. Jung.

 

Kuroko bowed at her. "Good morning, Mrs. Jung. Come in."

 

  The elderly grinned, "Have you eaten, Kuroko-ah?" She asked while entering his apartment.

 

"Well, no."

"Good." Mrs. Jung then put a bowl of soup she was bringing to Kuroko's table. "You see, i made this for my boys. But, apparently Yunho couldn't come here so.." she sighed, "It's just dried pollack soup, but i hope this is enough."

 "Ah.." Kuroko smiled awkwardly while scratching his head. "This is more than enough. Thank you, Mrs. Jung."

  Mrs. Jung smiled back and patted his shoulder, "Well, i should get going. Don't just eat bibimbap, okay?"

"Ne."

 

  And so, Mrs. Jung walked out of the door. Kuroko approached the table to check the soup. It does look tempting.

 

Mrs. Jung is Kuroko's closest neighbour. She often came to Kuroko's place to give him a lot of foods, and they're all delicious. She also helps Kuroko if he needs it, mostly with his korean. And he's thankful for it.

 

   A bowl of rice, an amount of kimchi, and a bowl of pollack soup. A simple breakfast is served. Kuroko took a seat and began to eat while playing his phone. His body stiffened once he saw his phone's wallpaper. It's a photo of him with his siblings, Ayama and Shintaro. Well, they're actually Kuroko's step siblings.

   It was a long story. The thing is, Midorima family took him in when he was 4. All the family members welcomed him and treated him nicely as if he's a real family, except the eldest son, Shintaro.

  Eversince they're turning 15, Shintaro would treat him differently. He hates Kuroko, and Kuroko himself doesn't even know why. Shintaro's cold attitude towards Kuroko would be another reason why Kuroko moved to Korea. 

 

"Aniki, no one hates you, okay? Please come home soon~"

 

  He surely doubt it.

 

  It's not that Kuroko doesn't want to go home. He's been living in this country for almost a year, of course he want to at least visit his home. But seeing the fact Shintaro would feel burdened if he's there, Kuroko decided to stay. That's why he rarely visits home. So far, he only come home twice, and that's when Shintaro wasn't there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

oOo

 

 

 

 

 

  At the bakery, the staffs do their work as usual. Dasom was bringing some coffees to the customers.

 

   Dasom looked at the door once she heard the bell rang. She obliviously gasped when she saw the person who just came. After bringing the orders to the customers, she immediately rushed to the kitchen to meet the other staffs.

 

"He's here!" She said excitedly.

 

 Namjoo, Seohyun, and one of the bakers, Haeri looked at Dasom curiously. Wondering what would make this girl so excited.

 

"Who?" Asked Haeri.

"This day is sunday, right?"

"Yeah, so?" Seohyun frowned. Different with her, the others seemed trying hard holding the urge to squeal crazily.

"Eonnie, have you forgotten or something?" Asked Dasom with a suspicious smile.

 

  "Well, as the matter of fact i don't even-" Seohyun stop her sentence when she finally remember it. "Oh, him."

 

 

 

   Meanwhile, the man they talked about was walking to the cashier. He put a tray with two pieces of bread there.

 "Good afternoon, sir- oh, Luhan-ssi!" Dara greeted. The man who named 'Luhan' gave her a smile. "Please give me the usual."

"Certainly, please wait for a moment." Dara walked to the coffee machine and began to make the coffee.

 

 

  "So, how's your day, Dara-ssi?" Luhan opened up a conversation, while Dara is still busy making his order.

"Well, pretty good. Yours?"

The man chuckled. Looking at the woman with those, charming, eyes. "Same like you, i guess."

 

  A few seconds later, Dara finished pouring the skimmed milk to the coffee and gave it to Luhan. "That would be 8.000 won."

Dara finds it weird when Luhan just nodded and took out his wallet. She frowned. "That's it?"

"Huh?"

"Without asking me to call Seohyun, or asking for Seohyun's kiss maybe?" She . Which made Luhan's cheeks turns red, he looked down trying to hide his smile. "Eish, Dara-ssi~"  Dara could tell everyone who sees him would ask the same question: how can he still managed to look cool while he's blushing?

 

Dara grinned. "Whaat? I'm telling the truth. You usually ask me if i can call Seohyun to come here or something."

 "Eh.. well, actually, i do have a favour. If you don't mind."

"Sure thing, what do you want me to do?" She kindly asked him.

"Since i don't have her number, would you mind to give this to her?" Luhan handed her a small piece of paper. Dara tilted her head to read the words in that paper, without her knowing, she smiled after reading the last word. "Aww, how cute. I'll give it to her."

  Luhan smiled. "Thanks, Dara-ssi." He took his coffee and his plastic bag filled with his breads before walking away. "Tell Jinchan i said hi, okay!"

  Dara chuckled, "ne~" after Luhan disappeared from her sight, she went to the kitchen to meet the other staffs.

 

 

"So, what did he do, eonnie???"
"What did he buy??"
"What clothes he wears??" Hundreds of questions were spilled to Dara once she stepped into the kitchen.

 "Whoa, whoa, calm down girls." The elder woman raised her hand, a sign for the girls, Dasom, Haeri and Namjoo to calm down. While Seohyun just casually continue her work, seems like she didn't really care about it.

 

  Luhan is a regular customer who comes here every sundays, and sometimes in any other days. His good look and his background as a son of a famous company's CEO made him pretty popular at the bakery, especially among the girls staffs. Well, except for Dara who already has a husband and a son.

 

"He told me to give this paper to Seohyun." Dara reported. "Seohyun-ah!"

A bit reluctantly, Seohyun turned her head to Dara. She looked at the paper as Dara handed it over. "What's this?" She tilted her head and began to read the content.

 

Let's go somewhere, i'll pick you up at 4 pm at the bakery

 

-Luhan

 

  As the girls squealed, Seohyun just rolled her eyes and put the paper to a table. 

"I ain't going." She commented simply.

 

"What? Girl, you gotta be kidding me. You have to." Said Dasom.

"Yeah, you should totally dress up nicely and go with him!" Haeri agreed.

 

  Seohyun huffed, "No, eonnie, i have an assignment to work on."

"Eish, don't make that assignment to be an excuse~" Haeri put her arm around Seohyun's shoulder. "Can't you see, Seohyun? He obviously likes you!"

"So?"

Dasom sighed, "Eonnie. Everyone here wants to be in your position, you know. Why can't you just accept it?"

 

"Because.. i just don't like him, okay?" Seohyun stated. "Just because he's a rich guy he acts like he can do anything on his will."

"Oh, come on, Seohyun. Maybe he's just trying to show you his best image." Said Haeri. "At least, do it for us. Please?"

 

   Seohyun's eyes met her friends eyes one by one. They were looking at her with hopeful eyes. God, it seems they really want her to go with Luhan. But what do you expect? Hanging out with that guy is every girl's dream. And like her friends said, she is very lucky to had that chance. Every girl wants to be in her position. No wonders her friends insist.

   After heaving a long sigh. She has made her decision. "Fine." For once again, she looked at her friends one by one, and gave them a nod. It took only 2 seconds before the girls squeal uncontrollably again.

"But!" Seohyun said to cut their excitement. "Please take a note that i do it for you guys. Okay?"

"Yes, Seohyun-ssi!!" Dasom, Haeri and Namjoo said in unison before continue their squealing.

 

"Kyaaa~~ Luhaaaann~~" shrieked Jinki, who's rolling the dough nearby. With high pitched voice he merely made to imitate the girls.

  "Omo omo omo, he's so handsome i cannot take it anymore~~~" the other male staff, Jonghyun joining Jinki imitating the girls. Not to mention his hands which making gestures like girls usually do when fangirling.

  Dasom glared at them. And threw them a sarcastic laugh. "Haha, it's funny, eh?"

 

  But Jinki just laughed towards Dasom's sarcasm. "What? We're just copying what you girls do. Am i right, Jonghyun?"

"Yeah." Jonghyun agreed. "It happens every sundays! Luhan this, Luhan that. I mean, what's so good about this guy until i have to stand at the cashier?"

 

  "Ah.. Sorry, Jonghyun-ah." Dara grinned, remembering that she's in charge with the cashier. She immediately stood up and left the kitchen. While Haeri just rolled her eyes. "Oh, shut up, Jonghyun. Luhan is far hotter than you could ever be!"

 

  Jonghyun showed an 'i'm offended' expression. "Yah, what do you mean- of course i'm hotter! I make macarons while he can only buys it!"

"That's irrelevant!"

 

  "Guys, knock it off!" Fortunately, Jinki cut their childish argument. And it successfully made the whole kitchen filled with silence.

"Okay, i don't really care who's hotter. But can we please notice there are customers needed to be served?"

 

  "Sorry." The girls and Jonghyun said. As they went back to their places. Seohyun chuckled. "Thanks, oppa"

Jinki gave her a wink before continue his own work.

 

  "So, are you going to go or what?" Asked Jinki out of the blue. Seohyun took a cloth nearby and began helping Jinki cleaning the table, she heaved a heavy sigh. "I don't know.. i suppose i had no choice, do i?"

   Jinki chuckled, he sprayed the cleaning liquid to the table and wipe it clean. "The other girls are willing to do anything just to hang out with that Luhan guy. They consider you as a very lucky girl because he had a crush on you."

   Seohyun shrugged. "Yeah, they told me that. But i don't feel lucky though."

  "Why? Being liked by a famous guy doesn't make you feel lucky? You know, the other girls would. Even if i were you i would feel lucky." Jinki joked.

"It's just.. he's just not my type, Oppa! Is it wrong to reject someone?" Said Seohyun, a little unamused that Jinki is not helping at all.

 

  And the elder man laughed. He put the cloth to the table. "All i wanna say is, Seohyun." He placed both hands on Seohyun's shoulder. "Try to follow your heart instead your friends next time Luhan ask for another date, okay? This is your decision, not theirs."

   Seohyun's lips curved into a smile. Jinki is like a big brother to her, and she's glad to have him because he always has the right thing to say. "Thank you so much, oppa."

 

  "That's my Seohyun." Jinki ruffled Seohyun's hair, making the girl giggled.

 

 

   In the afternoon, Seohyun went to the library not far from the bakery. It's still an hour before Luhan picked her up, so she decided to read some books for awhile. Seohyun had loved reading books since she was little. Romance, mystery, action, and all other kinds of novels. She found it very fascinating that it feels like she enters another world. She could read in a long time she wouldn't realize she'd spent the whole day.

 

   Seohyun walked to the novel section and strolled through shelfs, looking for a book that might capture her attention. As she got one, she looked around to find a place to sit. Two aisles from here, stood a brown sofa with round wooden table next to it. A smile was formed on her lips.

 

 

 

   "Kuroko hyung, read this for me please!" A little boy apporached Kuroko with a book in his hand.

"What? This again? But we've read this last week, Baekji-ah." Kuroko chuckled.

"But we like the way you tell us the story~" the little boy, Baekji pouted.

"Yeah, oppa. we like the way you act as the tiger!" Nahyun giggled as the other three kids nodded in agreement.

 

   This is what Kuroko does on weekends for the past month. Aside a kindergarten teacher, he's a story teller too. On sundays, he takes five or six of his students to the library and read them stories. No, this is not a school program. In fact, this 'routine' actually began when Kuroko went to this library once and accidentally met the kids. 

  Kuroko opened the book Baekji gave him and cleared his throat. "Once upon a time.."

 

  The children sat surrounding Kuroko. Paying attention the blue-haired man who is making gestures and expressions while reading the story. Kuroko looked at the children one by one to get their focus on his. But something caught his eyes- no, someone. Someone that made him paused.

 

  Across the kids section, sat a girl. Probably his age, maybe younger. She wears a simple yellow knee length dress topped with white cardigan. Her dark hair fell smoothly to her back. But what really caught Kuroko's attention was her eyes.

   Her eyes were deeply immersed to the book she's reading. He saw excitement glowing through her dark iris despite her calm expression. Never did once Kuroko seen a girl so, delighted while reading a book. When he looked at her, he could sense the feelings she felt through that book.

 

Strange.

 

 

    Seohyun flipped another page and continue reading until she felt a tiny finger poking at her arm. She finally moved her eyes from the book, finding a little boy standing beside her who looked at her questioningly.

 

She chuckled, "May i help you?"

The little boy tilted his head. "I still don't understand what makes Kuroko hyung kept staring at this noona." 

"Wh-what?"

 

Baekji innocently pointed at the kids section. "Kuroko hyung suddenly stopped his story because he kept staring at noona."

"Kuro.. ko?" Seohyun frowned. someone was staring at her? Out of curiosity, she looked at the direction the little boy pointed at.

 

And their eyes met for the first time.

 


 

 

It's been awhile since i update, 3 months to be precise. but here's chapter two everyone!

subscribers, comments and upvotes are always welcomed here ^^

hope you like it :)