Epilogue

One night, one lifetime

That I may be with you forever

It was Changmin who first noticed the beautiful rider on the white horse approaching his and Yunho's small farm. He hurried down the hill to greet the newcomer.

"Long time no see, Jaejoong-sshi", he smiled, happy to finally get his hyung back to normal.

"Yunho told me a lot about you, Changmin-sshi. He loves you very much."

"He better." Changmin joked, but couldn't hide his proud grin. "He's training up by the waterfall. I'll take you to him."

"Thank you."


Yunho was as handsome as he had been three months ago, only fitter, now that he'd been training like a mad man.

"Yunho-hyung!" Changmin called out.

"What?" Yunho asked without turning his head.

"There's someone here to see you."

"I told you I don't want to see anyone."

"Not even me?" Jaejoong asked happily, and Yunho's head whipped around so quickly that only luck kept the neck from breaking.

"J-jaejoong-ah…"

"There's the thief I've been looking for", Jaejoong said as he walked closer to the love of his life.

"What could I possibly have stolen?"

"My heart and soul", Jaejoong smiled into the other's lips, finally returning to the arms in which he belonged.

"In that case, there are two thieves here", Yunho said, hugging the other closer, never wanting to let him go again.

OoOoO

Five years later

Jade Palace, the best inn and restaurant in Seoul, got an unexpected delivery one September morning, all the way from Jeolla.

Kyung-tak, the head chef, brought the package in, opening it in front of Youngmin, Junsu and Junsu's husband, Yoochun.

It turned out to be a crate of tangerines, fragrant and bright in colour. On top of the fruit was a small note.

My first fruit turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself.

We will come and visit after the harvest is complete.

Jaejoong

OoOoO

Another time, another life

Paris. Capital of France. City of Lovers. The most beautiful city in the world. And the most confusing. At least if your name is Jung Yunho and you're a twenty-year-old running away from a gloomy future as an unwilling chaebol.

Yunho cursed silently when he tried to fold the oversized map that he just couldn't make sense of. Giving up on trying to find "this awesome seafood restaurant called La Mer" that his older sister Jihye had recommended, he sighed and went to the nearest place that sold food.

Hoping that he'd ordered a clam pasta with his close to non-existent French, Yunho leaned back in his chair and looked at the people passing by on the street, amusing himself by imagining their life stories, deciding that if he was already lost he might as well take a proper break. At least the weather was nice and he got a good spot on the terrace.

As he was enjoying his lunch, finding a small victory when the dish he'd hoped for actually turned up, watching the people passing by, a person standing in the middle of the big plaza caught his attention. It was a young man, possibly Asian, although Yunho couldn't tell for sure from the distance. The fact that the guy had blond hair didn't make it any easier. He seemed to be Yunho's age, dressed comfortably in black jeans, a white printed T-shirt, a red-and-white checkered shirt and a green jacket, a camera hanging around his neck. What caught Yunho's attention was the guy's smile, radiating like the sun as a couple of the pigeons he was feeding came up and sat on his arm.

Heh, a real life Disney princess, Yunho thought, smiling into his pasta. Maybe it was the setting, maybe it was the guy's unveiled joy, maybe he was getting sun , but Yunho suddenly felt quite romantic, for no apparent reason at all.

Yunho kept watching the guy, trying not to get caught staring like a creep, as the other chased the pigeons for a moment, quickly taking a picture as they flew away into the sun. Yunho watched the other guy buy an ice cream from a vendor on the plaza, look around for a place to sit down and opt for a bench just across the street from where Yunho was sitting. Yunho quickly looked down into the practically empty Café au Lait he was drinking, hoping that the other hadn't caught him staring.

What he didn't notice while examining the last drops of his coffee like they were the most intriguing phenomenon in the world was that his person of interest had very much noticed Yunho, as well as said man's interest in him.

Smiling softly, Kim Jaejoong finished the last of his ice cream before promptly standing up and crossing the street, ambling towards the terrace Yunho was just leaving.

"Excuse me", he said in English, startling the chaebol, who really hadn't seen him coming up from behind.

"Huh? Oh, uhm, yeah?" Yunho suddenly forgot every single word of English he'd ever learnt. On the plus side, he knew for sure that the guy was Asian now.

"Do you speak Korean?"

Thank you GOD.


A/N

And that concludes this story.

What do you think?

(The last part was taken from my other — still ongoing — fic, Wallflowers, bc I think they fit nicely together. Another time, another life, right? ^_^)