because of your lies

these are the things

rich!au

498w.

 

None of the VIP employees in the room say a word about the sniveling father on the ground, nor how he's bowing too deeply in respect to such a young adult. "Please, spare my daughter!"

The young man he's bowing to sighs out of boredom, straightening out the luxurious fabrics of his suit for the nth time. "Hey, old man, who am I?"

The father raises his head slightly, eyes red and puffy from tears. "Y-you're the son of the CEO of Lau Pharmaceutical Tech, sir, Mr. Henry Lau."

"Cor-rect." Henry spins in his rolling chair, ignoring the judgmental stares of his bodyguard. "So, since you're some nobody, who are you to tell me what to do?"

"Please forgive my straightforwardness and lack of respect!" the old man bows again, head touching the floor. "But I humbly ask that you brush away the mistakes of my hotheaded daughter, whom I have not raised well! I apologize for her comment of you as a pigheaded rich bastard, which you aren't! I'm a failure of a father!"

Henry hums, looking into his reflection in the glass wall behind the old man to check his pristine gelled-up hair. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. I guess I don't really feel like punishing you or anything today, so you can go."

Mr. Lee gawks, raising his head once more. "Are you certain, Mr. Lau?"

"Go ahead, leave, you're dirtying the carpet with your forehead." With a shooing hand, the old man is escorted to the entrance of the Lounge and asked to depart. "Hey, Amber."

His bodyguard-slash-personal-person-to-do-whatever bows slightly, her face void of any emotion. "Yes, Mr. Lau?"

Henry looks up at her from his chair, frowning. "Ey, don't call me that; I sound old when you do. Call me Henry."

Amber bows once more. "I'm afraid that is too informal of me to use, Mr. Lau, especially with the rigorous guidelines that your parents had informed me of prior to my assigned career."

"Ah, you're just scared my mom will fire you," Henry tsks, spinning around once more. "You know that old man with no dignity that was in here a moment ago? Find out where he lives and have people beat him up, will ya? He annoys the crap out of me."

He chooses blunt words, partly because he doesn't really care about the well-being of others -- especially those that aren't wealthy, ugh; partly because he wants to see if there's a day when Amber will crack and yell at him for being inhumane, which, of course, he doesn't care about. It'd be fun to get a reaction out of her stony demeanor, though.

This time, however, his companion barely bats an eyelash, and bows slightly. "Yes, sir."

"Ah, my Ber, so obedient," the wealthy young man coos, and reaches a hand out as if to pinch her cheek. "When we go to the archery range after this, you'll still be by my side, right?"

Another bow. "Yes, sir, if you so wish."

 

 

bodyswap!au : i

503w.

 

In the body mirror, the lanky young man pats his face with a shocked look. He turns his chin this way and that, finger dipping over morning stubble and plush lips. Ashy hair molds and twists in numerous directions after a night of conformity to the pillow, but he could care less about it as he stares at the scared boy in the reflection. He immediately pats his person and whips his head away to find his cellphone, lunging for it after spotting it on the beside table.

With shaky fingers, he taps on a Favorited contact and holds the phone to his ear, clearing his throat nervously when he hears a sleepy voice on the end answer, "Hello?"

"Henry," he shakily greets, wincing at how his own voice sounds.

There's a short pause, before the voice on the other end is more alert. "Who is this? Why do you sound like me?"

The young man has the urge to cry and relieve his bladder at the same time. "Henry, it's Amber. Look down."

It takes about half a minute for the other to collect her bearings and shriek loudly, and the young man -- Amber -- has to hold his phone away from his ear to avoid the deafening screech.

"Amber?" Henry questions, in the midst of hyperventilating. "Wha- dude- I have s! I have mounds on my chest!"

Amber groans, hopping up and down lightly on the balls of her feet- well, Henry's feet. She really needs to pee. "Don't say that in such a surprised tone with my voice," she scolds, though in actuality her voice is twice as deep as it originally was.

"Oh my god. Amber. Oh my god. I'm you." She speculates that he's looking into a mirror as they speak. "Oh, dear lord, I have your face! On my face!"

"Are you done?" she asks dryly, ending up heading to the bathroom. The need to urinate is too strong. "I really need to piss, man. I'm gonna mute for a bit."

If anything, that causes her best friend to freak out even more. "Oh my god, don't go pee!"

"What? It's not as if the male anatomy is foreign to me. I'm not looking down, don't worry."

"Wha- then are you saying that I can shower if I want to?! It's weird!"

Amber laughs, a throaty chuckle sounding familiar and foreign at the same time coming from her. "Yeah, sure, go for it, whatever. I know you're not gonna peek anyway if you do." She starts to untie the string to her pajama pants as more inhumane screams come from the phone. "I'm sending 1-4-3, I still can't express my feelings with words~ Oh-oh-oh. Except the fact that I need to pee now." The last part is sung in the same melody.

"Stop using my voice to sing my songs! Don't pee!"

"Dude, it's still so weird when I hear you talk. I'm muting now, alright? Don't have an aneurysm; we can talk about what to do after this."

 

 

best friends!au

367w.

 

"Henry," his friend calls out in the silence of the room. "Are you awake?"

Amber hears nothing, and waits a few seconds longer before there's a sigh and the shifting of a body underneath comforters. "Yes."

"Is the insomnia acting up again?"

"... yeah."

Usually, Henry would play a video on his cellphone -- any inane video -- to let the noise lull him to sleep, but both of their cellphones were confiscated after a very merry sleepover and Amber's older sister fuming over the shaving cream pranks. They were also not supposed to use their laptops or TVs after bedtime, so Amber is currently lying on her bed at two in the morning while her best friend is in a sleeping bag on the wooden floor. She had offered numerous times to switch or share beds, but Henry had adamantly refused for some unknown reason.

"What do you want me to do?" Amber asks, and the offer to help out is implied.

In the dark, Henry pats the wooden floor. "Suffer here with me."

He yelps when Amber ends up rolling off the bed with her blankets and onto the floor with a muted thud, and she shushes him. "I didn't mean literally!" he hisses.

"Too late, son," she whispers. "Any other requests? Want me to tuck you in good night?"

"Get away from me," he grumbles when she rolls too close, but allows her to settle beside him. They share body warmth and silence until he audibly swallows. "Can... can you sing?"

It's not a weird request to make, especially with the two being so close, so Amber shrugs, despite the fact that it's too dark to make heads or tails of any action. "Sure."

The blonde isn't a fantastic singer, per se, like her friend Amy, but she can hold her own, and as she softly sings some OST out of a drama they've watched together earlier in the week, Amber hears Henry's breathing slow. She ends on a sweet-sounding note, and turns to face her friend. "Are you awake?"

She hears nothing except his heavy breathing, and waits a few seconds longer before she wraps herself tighter in her covers and hums in contentment. "Night, man."

 

 

date!au

415w.

 

Ailee's eyes are shining when she animatedly speaks. "Come on, Amb! Just one date with this guy? He's a friend of a friend I met at last week's party."

"Uh- " Amber's eyes shift down to the picture and name on the other's phone. "Henry Lau?" Her friend vigorously nods, and she sighs, rubbing her eyes. "Dude, I'm kinda- "

"Now, I know what you're gonna say," Ailee chimes, snatching her phone back. "I've set you up on five other dates half a year ago, you didn't click with them, yada yada, but I really think this is gonna work out, Amber! I mean, you guys have similar personalities, similar interests, and you just fit!"

"No, Amy, what I wanna say is- "

And before she can get in a word edgewise Ailee swoops off like a large carrion bird, her screeches of "You better be at the diner in two hours!" lingering in the wakes of her path.

Amber really isn't sure what to expect when she's at the diner at six in the evening, comfortable clothes on, and Henry seating himself on the opposite side of her with an amused smile. "So, Amber? Nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you."

Amber glances at him up and down amusedly. "I've heard a lot about you, too, Henry," she replies. "Some of them are sort of absurd. Apparently you sleep in your Superman boxers?"

"They make me feel like I'm flying," the young man proudly states. "What about you and your shampoo collection that you rip off from the hotels you stay at?"

The blonde laughs with a shrug. "Less money for buying actual shampoo bottles." She leans forward with a playful gleam in her eye. "What about... the fact that you have an okay body?"

"Okay? Don't you mean, uh, godly? I don't spend thirty bucks on a gym membership for nothing!" The snorts of incredulous laughter coming from Amber's direction makes Henry pout. "Playing dirty, huh? What about the fact that you give okay kisses?"

"Like okay morning kisses?" Amber's eyebrows raise.

"Yeah. And okay night kisses, too."

They both quietly chuckle. "Amy's sitting three tables away from us," the young woman breathes. "She's expecting a good job report from me afterwards for this 'blind date.'"

"Should we tell her that we've been dating for three months already?" Henry questions, sliding Amber's glass over to sip cola.

His girlfriend shakes her head. "Nah. Half the fun is her finding that out, anyway, right?"

 

 

a/n: i do nothing but write aus pls send help

netflix also has a bunch of dramas 4 me to watch so im pumped af

also pshhh every au is bffls au