because of your gentleness

these are the things

jjang!au : ii

426w.

 

"You know," Amber begins, biting through chicken as she does so, "people think that you're a hella weak guy who hangs around me for whatever reason."

Sunyoung giggles in between mouthfuls of pastry. "A frail flower," she states, and the girls nod their heads in agreement.

Henry frowns. "Do I really? Because I'm not!" he complains petulantly, being the only person in the entire school that the entire gang is comfortable around.

Amber leans forward. "Goody two-shoes! You got your uniform, the hair, your violin." She points out all of these with an extended palm, and then points at him with her bare skewer. "People think you're a nerd. You are a nerd, technically."

Her companion sputters in his miso soup, and she grimaces at him as Soojung hands him a few napkins to clean up. "A nerd?" his voice pitches high. "Okay, just because I dress nice and I can play violin doesn't mean that- "

The young women he's dining with, all female delinquents one way or another, give him sympathetic glances, and he deflates. "Am- Am I really? But I'm still manly, you know!"

Amber sighs, and clicks her tongue. "Oh, Snoopy," she proclaims dramatically, looping an arm around his neck and ignoring the shouts of pain when she pulls him closer. "Manliness doesn't have to do with strength or anything else. What you feel is the downfall of male pride."

The gang hums their agreements, and Amber laughs. "Regardless, you can't even beat me in an arm wrestling competition."

"I can too!" he protests under the folds of her uniform.

At that statement, she clears the table of food wrappers and napkins before letting him go and props her elbow on the table, lower arm perched up in challenge. "Come on, man. Show me what you got."

The regret is instantly seen in Henry's eyes as he hesitantly props his elbow up too, lacing her fingers with his.

"15,000 won that he's gonna lose under a minute," Song Qian murmurs behind a custard.

"You see him?" Min laughs. "His posture's all wrong. 20,000 won that he loses in thirty seconds."

"Oh, oh!" Jinri hops a little in her seat. "Me and Soojung think under ten, and we're betting 25k each."

The girls end up squabbling over the money, because as soon as Amber and Henry start he holds his own and extends over a minute before his hand is knocked against the table. It's in agreement that Amber went easy on Henry -- she could beat him up if she wanted to.

 

 

breakup!au

505w.

 

"Get out!"

The statement is punctuated with paperweights and novels flying in the air to hit Henry with, and he sputters, reaching out his arms to pacify his girlfriend. "Amb, calm down- "

"No!" The young woman backs away from his touch, eyes red from tears and brows furrowed in anger. "No, I- I'm done with you sneaking off God knows where to meet with whoever you're meeting with!"

"Please, trust me!" he pleads, eyes hurt. "I'm not meeting with anyone!"

He places a comforting hand on her wrist, but she violently shakes it off. "I saw you kissing her!" she yells, heartbroken. "I saw you two liplocking when I came back from buying groceries a few days ago! You- you stupid, no-good, piece of !"

Henry pales. "T-that was..." he trails off, unable to form coherent thoughts as Amber glares him down, wiping at her eyes furiously.

"Whatever, save it," she chokes out, storming to the drawers on the other side of the room and opening it forcefully enough that the items atop threaten to topple over. "Here! Take your clothes! All of it! Get out!"

"Hey, you gotta believe me when I say it's not what it looks like!" the young man hollers, all his personal belongings tossed at him. "A- Amb! Amber! Stop!"

His girlfriend abruptly stops, though fresh tears begin to form, and when she speaks, it's accentuated with voice cracks. It's obvious she spent more than a few hours crying. "Player Henry," she laughs bitterly. "In high school, I teased you about it all the time. Did you know after you broke up with your girlfriends they'd all come to me asking why?" Henry stands frozen in his spot as Amber approaches, fuming. "I had to comfort them. Talk them through the breakup. How do you think I felt, telling them all that it wasn't their fault, having to rebuild their esteem from the bottom up again, because no one else gave two s about them to do so? How you didn't care enough to explain why?" She swallows, and at this peculiar moment Henry notices the deep eye bags under the other's eyes. "And this was a never-ending job of mine, because- because every single time you broke up with some girl, another one would just replace her.

"I knew... that I might become that girl one day," she hoarsely states. He traces a tear rolling down the curves of her face with his eyes. "I still went out with you when you asked, because- Amber and Henry, taking over the world once again, right?" Her face contorts into more sorrow, and she shakes her head sadly, recollecting her thoughts. "Just- just leave. Please."

Henry doesn't move, and she screams at him. "Please, just leave!"

He thickly swallows, backing away, and it's when he's exited the bedroom that he can hear the young woman's body crumpling to the floor, heartwracking sobs echoing against painted walls, that he realizes the impact of his decisions and regrets every single one of them.

 

 

a/n: n i c e i cant write angst + just wanted to write another jjang au

do u kno how many dramas/movies are on netflix im in love