i was out of it

these are the things

detective!au

205w.

 

"Cuffs, Henry! The cuffs!" Amber pants, arms tense and aching from having to hold their suspect's arms behind her back.

Henry fumbles around his person for the cuffs, while the perpetrator cries out, "Let me go! I'll sue for this!"

Amber tightens her grip, causing the taller woman to wince. "I literally read you your Miranda Rights after we got you," she says incredulously. "You were caught running away with cash and a gun in your bag!"

Her partner finally finds the silver cuffs and clasps them onto the suspect's wrists. "Lee Yejin," he declares, steadying his breath. "You are under arrest for possession of narcotics, drug trafficking, and- "

Amber uses a hand to swat at him on the head, and he yelps. "Ow! What's that for?!"

"Hey, Snoopy, you mind uncuffing me?" his partner asks sarcastically, and he looks down at her wrists.

"Oh, I apologize, please forgive me."

They come back to the station later, one of their rookie detectives cuffed to a rich-looking woman who looks as if she's about to burst out into tears, and the other detective getting painfully swatted over the head for "losing the key to the cuffs, which you had in your hand not a minute ago!"

 

 

jjang!au : i

696w.

 

"Are you ing kidding me?" the blonde mutters, kicking Baekhyun square in the chest. "Do I look like a ing joke to you?"

"N-No!" he hoarsely yelps out, terror written all over his face. "I- I- I would never laugh at you for wearing whatever, Amber!"

Amber scoffs, the half-dozen or so young women behind her following suit, before she crouches down in front of the other, him flinching as he tries to scramble away on his hands. She's breaking the school dress code by wearing the boy's uniform, which he had mumbled to his friends amusedly not three minutes earlier, but it's his luck that the blonde has super sensitive hearing and caught him on it. There's no one to rescue him from this plight, either; his friends ran away as soon as they were confronted and any student who knows what's good for them will ignore whatever's happening.

"Hey, hey, little boy," she drawls, tapping him on the forehead roughly, and he winces with each tap. "Who gave you the right to even say my name with that mouth of yours?"

The young man looks down. "I'm so sorry! Please forgive me!"

Amber runs her tongue over her teeth, contemplating his fate, when there's a voice behind the group that causes them to all turn their heads.

"Hey, Amber, is this really necessary?"

The young women in support of her twitter to each other, knowing that there's very few people in the world that can speak so informally to their jjang and get away with it.

Amber her head, a serious look on her face. "Henry, you of all people should know that it is if I wanna keep my place at the top."

Baekhyun can't see who she's talking to, but when the wave of girls part, a stranger pops through, and he immediately wonders what their relationship is for her not to be beating the other to a pulp right now.

The guy is lean, with dusty brown hair parted to the right, and his school uniform is ironed and tucked down to the T. With graceful features that accentuates his femininity more than his masculinity and a violin case in hand, it's a wonder how this nerd isn't picked on every other minute. Does Amber protect him from such a fate?

Henry casts a pitiful look at him, and Baekhyun looks down. "Amb, this is the fifth fight you've gotten into this week. And it's only Tuesday."

"Not my fault if people are talking , Snoopy. Right, girls?" And Amber's gang of young women are all nodding their heads vigorously. Baekhyun narrows his eyes in confusion. Snoopy?

"Come on, Llama," Henry cajoles, eyes crinkling up at the corners, and oh god did he just compare the jjang to an animal is he crazy? "I'll buy us some street food after school and you can forget about this over video games. You need to lower your blood pressure, anyway."

There's a silence before one of the girls pipe up. "Unnie, he's telling the truth. You're gonna pop a blood vessel soon if you keep on getting stressed over assturds that don't matter."

Amber sighs. "Thanks, Jinri." She stands, a multitude of studs on her earlobes glistening in the sunlight, and stretches out a hand, palm up. Someone gives her her bag, and she slings it over her shoulder. "Come on, girls. Another time, then." She swivels to mutter something in a dangerously dark tone to Baekhyun, still rooted to his position on the ground. "Don't let me ever see you in my sights again." He scarcely breathes, nodding in terror. The girls all complain at the lack of bloodshed as she slowly backs away, and with a huff she tells them all that they can go eat somewhere after school.

Henry slows down to walk in pace alongside Amber, and the young woman hangs an arm around his neck as they depart, the utter picture of camaraderie despite it being between two radically different individuals.

Baekhyun sighs before slumping against the wall, a little bruised and bloodied up. Henry doesn't know who he is, but Baekhyun owes Henry his life.

 

 

a/n: here they are drablbes 1 and 2 bonus points for u if u kno what drmaa/movies they're based on tbh

ambiguous titles are ambiguous but ull see what they amount to heheh