Quest 02. Search

Love Quest

He walked around aimlessly, his long limbs taking him through the streets of his town. He noticed that a lot of the townspeople had small stalls in front of their houses, selling the goods and they made for themselves.

He stopped in front of a small jewelry stall and the girl working there, stood up to greet him politely. “Is there anything in particular you’re looking for, sir?” She asked him.

He just shook his head, “Not really. But you make some really beautiful jewelry.” He told her, pointing and a twisted wire ring, it had an infinity sign on it and it looked like it fit a woman’s ring finger. “How much for that one?” He asked her.

She looked down at what he was pointing at, “$15, the wire was a challenge to twist and I had to use other tools.” She said. “But if you’re buying it for your girlfriend, then you might want to consider the gem stall.” She told him.

He smiled, reaching into his pocket and giving her the money. “This is perfect, don’t put your jewelry down.” He said, and she packaged the ring up for him and he gave her a small wave, before walking off.

No matter what who he found, he knew she would like the ring, his wife was bound to minimalist and simple. He walked around somewhere, buying a few fruits to munch on along the way. It was pear season and they were sweet and juicy like how he liked.

He wandered around somewhere, heading towards the small park where he knew the children played. Children playing meant female caretakers, he could try to listen to the town gossip and see if there was even any one that was single. He saw a young woman, watching over a group children and that she looked rather homely.

He stayed behind in the bushes, just to observe her. He picked up immediately that she did not have a wedding ring on her finger and that she was rather nurturing to the kids even if none of them were actually hers.

He noticed that she was asking them about their day at school, just listening to the complaints about their homework. He found himself smiling when she smiled at them, he couldn’t help but feel happier when she smiled.

She dismissed them to play and he continued to munch on his pear hidden behind the bushes. She had yet to notice him and quite frankly, he wasn’t sure if he wanted her to. She was bound to have heard the stories about the King and she had every right to be afraid of him.

He noticed that there were several boys that were picking on a girl until she started crying. He looked at her and noticed that she had a big birthmark on her cheek but that didn’t make her any less cute. Hesitating, he wanted to give those boys a piece of his mind. It was not nice to pick on people just because of their looks, he should know after his cousins ruined his image.

But Jong Suk didn’t have to do anything, the woman came between them and started resolving the problem. He listened to the ring leader of the boys whine loudly before she sent him away and scolded him.

She turned towards the little girl who had been crying and she held her face in her hands, “Mari, don’t listen to him, okay? You’re beautiful.” He heard her say. She was so kind, she didn’t even care about the birthmark. He knew the world was all about appearances and she seemed to be against that.

“But I have a big mark on my face, unni. He is right, I’m ugly.” Mari said, between hiccups from her tears. He felt so bad for this little girl, she would grow up with so much hardship in this world. He needed to change it, he needed to make appearances less important than everything else. He had the power to do that once he became King.

“Mari, you are beautiful. Do not listen to him, you have a beauty mark and a beauty mark just makes you more beautiful. Besides, Hyunjae might not love you for it, but someone will. Someone will see past all the things people think of you, and just see you. And that will be the day you find love. But that’s for when you grow up, for now, just play with the other girls, okay?” The woman said, comforting the little girl. He still had yet to learn her name, but he would take the chance to so he could ask for her hand in marriage.

The little girl ran away and the teacher moved back to sit on the bench to watch all of them from afar to make sure no one got lost. He took this chance to approach her and he took careful strides towards that area before sitting down on the same bench as her.

“You’re very caring for the children.” He commented loud enough for her to hear him.

“It’s my job. They need someone to take care of them after school. And protect them from strangers.” She remarked coldly, giving him a harsh stare.

“I do not wish to be a stranger, but rather I noticed that you took care of that fight about the beautiful little girl over there. It was rather remarkable in this day and age.” He said, trying to get in her good graces. “My name is Dal Po.” He said, introducing himself under his fake name. 

He couldn’t scare her off too quickly, not when he had just met her. She might not have even believed him if he had told her his real name anyway.

“Hyolim. And are you sure you aren’t just trying to steal one of the children away? I’ve heard of people like you.” She said to him threateningly.

He simply chuckled, this just meant she was more perfect than he could have ever imagined. “I’m not like that, I promise.” He said, holding up his three fingers together. “Scout’s honor.” 

She pursed her lips together in thought and he just stared at her with a smile on his face. She was pretty attractive, he had to say, she was not as diet conscious as the royals he had been trying to court. But that wasn’t to say that she was unnecessarily big.

But she would make a great mother and wife when he was ready for that, but first he needed to try and get her on his side for the competition. He reached into his jacket pocket and held out one of the pears to her.

“Here, thankfully I didn’t pick an apple.” He said jokingly, as she took the pear from him. “It’s not poisonous.” 

“I wasn’t expecting it to be. Like you said it’s not an apple.” She replied, taking a small bite of the pear. She turned to look at the children and saw that all of them were still accounted for, as promised. He was not just a distraction so that someone could take one of them.

“I really must get going.” He told her, “It was very nice to meet you, Hyolim.” He smiled as he stood up to go.

“You too, Dal Po.” She said, waving goodbye to him until his long silhouette faded from view.


Author's Note;;
Hehe:3 here is another update!
Dal Po ;) hehe :3
Enjoy :D
I was drowning in Infinite feels but my OCD compels me to focus on LJS.
So :D enjoy this update~