004

Cul-de-sac
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.

CHAPTER THREE

.

"Grrr, I hate that guy!" Niel clicked his tongue as they sat around their table after lessons. Yes, that's right. Theirs. He looked at the other members, and frowned. "He's such a stuck-up guy."

"How would you know that?" Changjo probbed, shaking his head ruefully. "You barely see him; let alone actually talk to him." Unlike them, Changjo held no dislike towards Lee Byunghun. Sure, he did seem rather cold and aloof, but come on - he wasn't the only one.

At this point, he glanced at the forever-silent CAP, and smirked. Ever since having been acquainted with him, Changjo now knew better than to judge a book by its cover.

"Yeah, but," Niel protested, suddenly looking stuck and uncomfortable. "His face just gives off that...that certain impression, you know?"

"What kind of impression, then?" Chunji raised a brow, completely understanding.

"The 'look-at-me-and-I'll-ing-bash-your-brains-in' impression," Niel replied. At this moment, Chunji got up and leaned over, one palm up in the air. At this silent gesture, Niel responded excitedly to the high-five with equal vigour.

"See? Only Chunji-hyeong seems to get it," Fishlips snorted. Changjo rolled his eyes, and folded his arms. As he opened his mouth, he glanced at the solemn kid by his left.

Ricky had been acting out of character ever since the previous day's events. He couldn't help but worry if something had happened. Ricky now appeared to be more melancholy and lost in his thoughts - a fine juxtaposition of his bubbly nature.

When they - he wasn't the only to have noticed - enquired about it to him, all they got back was a shake of the head and a firm 'I'm fine'. Knowing better than to push the matter further, they dropped the topic.

"Technically, you two are the only ones here that seem to have a problem with Byunghun," he pointed out flatly. Then, adjusting his wrist-watch, he gave them a look. "Hyeong-ah," he addressed the two. "Maybe you shouldn't be so discriminating without truly knowing how he's like."

"I do know how he's like!" Niel insisted.

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, really," he glared at the indifferent male. "Just a few hours ago, he passed by me and gave me a cold look! That just sums up his personality, right? Haish, you'll never get it! I don't know why he seems to leave you and CAP alone; he gives me and Chunji the Look of Death all the time! What a hypocrite and prejudiced arsehole." Changjo wanted to laugh at the irony.

"Or, perhaps he's ignoring us three because we're the only three that don't talk about him," CAP coolly pointed out, running his fingers along the rims of his head accessory. He shrugged. "Or, he just generally prefers us over you."

"What? Hey, I'll have you know that I'm one of the most-"

"Shhh!"

"What?" Niel said again, looking at Chunji. Chunji glared at someone from a distance, and hissed in a low tone,

"He's here."

.

...~...

.

"He's here."

Ricky snapped into attention as his mind processed what Chunji had oh-so-angrily said. He lifted his head up, and looked in the direction where all his other friends were now staring at. In his mind, he mentally shook his head - could they make it any more obvious that they were gawking?

He couldn't see who they were supposedly watching, and bit his lip - he was really curious on how this...Lee Byunghun looked like.

However, a mental block then crushed down upon him once he caught sight of the achingly-familiar-purple-haired-youth entering the cafeteria.

Stylishly dressed with his coloured hair silky-smooth as always, he was - to him - the epitome of beauty and perfection.

As all former emotions and memories of their encounter rushed back to him, Ricky barely made his blush concealab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter