Final

A Little Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

damn you, lucifer

The sweat dripped from Dara’s forehead as she rolled over and over in the uncomfortable bed. Hell, as you might have guessed, is one of the worst places to ever exist. Well, even if Hell was made up, or whatever. Dara pulled off the sheets and walked toward her door. Every person in Hell had a room. The room would change every day or night. Time doesn’t exist in Hell. Hell is Time. Dara pushed the door open and walked through the hall that would spin every time she walked through it. She wore a night gown that hit below her knee.

 

She had witnessed many things in Hell, things that she wished she could forget. Dara ran her fingers along the wall, feeling it and not feeling it at the same time. That’s how things worked in Hell, you felt, but you didn’t. Pain was not felt in Hell. Pleasure or lust was not felt in Hell. There was only one person that could beckon those feelings.

 

Over the long time she had been in Hell, Dara still had not crossed paths with Luhan. In fact, his name was not Luhan in Hell. His name was Lucifer. Many people would speak of him and say how attractive he was. Dara could not agree more. Either way, she thought that what Luhan looked like on Earth was different than what he looked like in Hell.

 

Dara continued down the hall and stopped as she felt cold air hit her bare legs. There was never cold air in Hell. It was always musty and hot and hard to breathe. As if breathing was important in Hell. She spun around and saw that the hall was no longer a hall, it was a large room with pictures on the wall. She furrowed her eyebrows and tipped her head a little.

 

“Good evening, my beauty.” Dara clenched her hands into fists as she forcibly turned around. “Well, right now it would be evening where you lived.” Luhan held a pen in his hand, but he chewed on the end of it. He sat behind a large desk with papers scattered all over. He wore a t-shirt and what seemed like jeans. Fashion sense didn’t matter in Hell.

"Lived." She echoed, her stomach suddenly collapsing. "Past tense."

"Ah, yes." Luhan smiled against the pen. "Sit, would you?" Dara walked slowly and felt a bit small as he scattered his eyes over her legs. Dara sat and folded her hands over her lap. "It’s been a long long time since we last seen one another, don’t you think?"

"I wished that time would last longer in Hell, Mr. Lucifer." She said. Her voice was sweet, like honey, and he felt his torso ache. "Longer than it already does."

"Listen, sweetheart," Luhan leaned forward and put the pen down. "Only people who work for me call me Lucifer."

"Sorry, Luhan." She put emphasis on his name and sighed. "Well? Can I go back to my room now? I need to sleep so I can wake up and watch three women get in the hall." That was usual thing in Hell, harming caused, but pain was not felt, but at the same time it was.

"Not with that attitude." Luhan snapped.

"What are you going to do huh? Kill me?" Luhan felt his top lip twitch as she snarled at him. "Again?"

"I killed you once, little . That doesn’t mean I can’t endure pain into your soul." Dara stood up, her hands planting on the desk as she leaned forward to him.

"My father is a drunk now. He lives with his oldest sister in Busan." Dara said. "He’s depressed and my mother is dead. All of this happened because of you."

"Your mother was already dead." Luhan shrugged. "Your father... well, I can’t help his hopeless ."

 

Dara striked Luhan across the face with a hard hand. The pain vibrated through his cheek. “Come here,” his voice was demanding, yet calm. Dara felt cold begin at her toes. Luhan grabbed the collar of her night gown, yanking her over the desk. Dara gulped as he stood and placed his hands on either side of her. “You even look y when you’re dead.”

"Save your flirty comments. I’m going back to my room." Dara tried pushing past him, but he pushed her back. "What is your problem? Damn it, all I’m doing is trying to get back to bed."

"You slapped me,"

"There are people dying." Dara snapped and tried jumping off the cold desk. He wrapped his hand around , causing a gasp to escape her. Pain shot through and through her chest.

"Feel that? That’s pain, sweetheart." Luhan smiled. "Haven’t felt that in a while, huh? When you’re scared, you feel cold, don’t you? Well, in Hell, you only feel things when I allow it."

"Let go," Dara picked at his fingers, trying to loosen them. He let go, and she coughed.

"Let’s take a trip down memory lane, shall we?" Luhan smiled and then looked up, as if trying to remember. "Remember the night we-"

"Help! I’m being held hostage!" Dara shouted.

"They can’t hear you." Luhan snarled. "You remember, don’t you?" Luhan’s breath was cold, like ice, as he skimmed with his, but she didn’t kiss him because she didn’t feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter