Oh, Brother!

Hearts on the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh Brother!

            When Kyuhyun finally woke up, the sun was just starting to come up and the light was beginning to shine in through the cracks in Ryeowook’s blinds.  Kyuhyun was lying on his side, facing his little boyfriend of less than one day, whose head was resting on his outstretched arm.  His arm was numb, but he didn’t care.  He was thrilled just to wake up with his love lying next to him in the bed.  Nothing else mattered.  Looming deadlines didn’t matter.  Angry agents didn’t matter. 

            But perhaps his full bladder did matter.  If he didn’t want to wet himself.  And that would look a little embarrassing to do in front of your new love interest.  So, Kyuhyun was going to have to get up.  At least for a couple minutes, although the idea tortured him a little.  Ryeowook looked so comfortable and he was afraid of waking him by moving around. 

            First, Kyuhyun leaned in and lightly kissed Ryeowook’s lips.  He just couldn’t help himself.  Ryeowook smiled in his sleep, which only made Kyuhyun grin in response.  Then he very carefully slid his arm out from under his boyfriend, which was tricky since it was numb and he could barely move it.  Somehow, he managed this without jostling Ryeowook too much.  Then he carefully sat up and slipped out of bed. 

            The problem was, he had no idea where the bathroom was.  He hadn’t used it before bed.  There was only a closet door in Ryeowook’s room, so it must be down the hall, he figured.  He quietly headed out the door and found two closed doors.  He stopped at the first one and wondered if it was the bathroom or Ryeowook’s brother’s room just as the door swung open and out walked a man, still wet from a shower, with a towel wrapped around his waist.

            The man stopped in his tracks when he finally noticed Kyuhyun and shrieked, quickly closing the door to the bathroom.  Kyuhyun stood there in the hall, not knowing what to do.  When the door opened again, the man had a plunger in his hand and pointed it at Kyuhyun.

            “Intruder!  Get the hell out of here before I call the police!”

            Kyuhyun held up his hands.  “I’m not an intruder!  I’m Ryeowook’s boyfriend!”

            Heechul’s brows furrowed.  “What’s your name?”

            “Cho Kyuhyun.”

            Heechul tossed the plunger over his shoulder.  “Ah, you’re the writer,” he said, extending his hand.  “I’m Ryeowook’s brother, Kim Heechul.”

            Kyuhyun quickly shook his hand.  “Pleasure to meet you.”

            “Likewise.  Boyfriend, huh?  And already spending the night?  Things have progressed quite a bit since I last checked in with Ryeowook on this matter…yesterday.”

            “Excuse me a moment.  Would you mind if I use your bathroom?”

            Heechul stepped out of the way.  “Please, feel free.  I’ll get dressed into something more appropriate and then maybe we could meet back up in the kitchen and get to know each other over coffee.”

            Kyuhyun was hoping to go back to bed with Ryeowook, but he felt he didn’t have a choice in the matter and nodded.  “Sounds good.”

            At the realization that he was going to have to sit down for a long conversation with Ryeowook’s brother first thing in the morning—when he still didn’t feel completely awake—he began to panic.  Was Heechul going to kick him out?  Was he upset that he was in the apartment?  He took his time in the bathroom and washed up a bit, trying to calm himself down.  Eventually, he walked out and made his way to the kitchen where the older male was waiting for him, watching him with narrowed eyes.

            “How do you take your coffee?”

            “Black.”

            Heechul poured Kyuhyun a cup of coffee as he sat down on a stool at the kitchen island.  Heechul set the mug in front of him and looked him over.  “You’re pretty decent looking for a writer, I’ll give you that.  I didn’t have very high expectations, but Wook hasn’t done that bad this time.”

            Kyuhyun felt his cheeks begin to burn.  “Is that his nickname?  Yesung’s phone lists him as Wookie.”

            “A lot of his friends and family call him Wook or Wookie,” he only said. 

            Kyuhyun nodded and sipped his coffee.

            “So…boyfriend, huh?  When did that happen?”

            “Yesterday.  We ran into each other at the park and decided that it must be fate that we kept running into each other so much, so we thought we ought to stick together and see how it works,” Kyuhyun explained.

            “You’re working awful quick if you’re already spending the night,” Heechul pointed out.

            “I’m just sleeping over,” Kyuhyun informed him.  “We haven’t slept together yet.”

            “You haven’t?” Heechul questioned.

            Kyuhyun shook his head.

            Heechul stirred his coffee, which was so light colored, Kyuhyun wondered how much coffee could possibly be in it.  “What the hell are you waiting for?”

            Kyuhyun was in the middle of sipping is coffee and began to choke a little.  “Excuse me?”

            “What are you waiting for?  Seems to me that fate keeps pushing you together, like you said.”

            Kyuhyun gave Heechul a puzzled look.  A moment ago, he could have sworn that the man was accusing him of touching his brother and now he was asking why he hadn’t.  This made no sense.

            “Ah, there you are,” Ryeowook said, yawning as he entered the kitchen.  “I should have known that if you didn’t return right away, Heechul had something to do with it.  It’s just that he’s not usually up this early in the morning.”

            Kyuhyun smiled brightly at seeing his boyfriend enter the room.  “You felt me get up?”

            Ryeowook nodded.  “I’m a light sleeper.  I felt you kiss me before you even left the bed,” he admitted, walking over to Kyuhyun and kissing him before going to get himself some coffee.  “Morning, hyung.  What are you doing up?”

            “I’m meeting Siwon’s parents today, so I have an early hair appointment.  Everything has to be perfect, you know,” he pointed out.

            “I assume you’ve introduced yourselves at this point,” Ryeowook said, pouring his coffee.

            “Yes,” Heechul said.  “Your new boyfriend scared the crap out of me earlier when I was leaving the bathroom.  I thought someone had snuck into the house.  You know that all these single men around the building keep close tabs on us because we’re so good looking.  I thought one finally broke in.  Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter