Wootae: Playground of love @ Tell Me Your Wish

Tell Me Your Wish- 9pm oneshot collection

Hey readers, so I felt so bad for uploading the wrong chapter to the wrong story 

so to compensate, i decided to finish off this next oneshot i was uncertain of (i could rewrite it) 

Most of it was written ages ago, but because i panicked and felt the need to finish it off for you guys, 

i continued without reading it. So here it is 

Thank you for staying with me and thanks for all your support. <3

***************************************************************

Poof, magical dust landed everywhere bring a sparkling touch to the not so lively furniture of the room as she set both feet into his grand but comfortable home.  Taeyeon noticed that the man who was hypnotised by the television had a shock run through his body, sensing an unexpected arrival of a creature not so human like.

The bored and rich Wooyoung couldn’t help but feel that the hair on the back of his neck was standing on end like a freshly mown patch of grass. It was all because of that poof, that tingle, that warmth he felt as the receivers on the side of his head told him that he had a visitor. He clasped a bucket of popcorn tighter, changing from a comfortable position to a hunched up ball just like an echidna. Ignoring the distant off key piano playing, he finally, enough courage had accumulated in him for him to jerk his head around to seek the noise of the intrusion. Finding nothing special in particular, he returned his gaze to his drama. But… when he focused on his vision, he didn’t find the motioning pictures on the screen, instead there was a rather short but cute beauty leaning against his television stand, directly covering the centre of his television with her petite figure.

“Annyeong!” Taeyeon smiled and raised her hand to wave politely. She had a bright smile; however, with the state that he was in, Wooyoung could not detect the friendliness that had radiated from it. Therefore, he could not stop those rather impolite words to escape the enclosed prison cell of his

“How did you get in here?” He asked as Taeyeon pointed his gaze up towards the fireplace, directed her finger upwards and traced her route of entry down from the position of the chimney.

“Don’t tell me…” he half laughed

“I always wanted to try that” she giggled to herself and continued “ If Santa can do it, I think a genie can. It was fun though, no wonder he does it every Christmas eve, Oh by the way, you better give that chimney a good clean, if you don’t have magical powers you would need to bathe for at least three months to get rid of the soot and dust.”

“Wait wait wait…” He cut across her, raising his voice and his hand at the same time.

“I haven’t finished, you almost ruined my outfit! It’s genie couture!”

“What exactly are you again?”

“Not what!” she snapped back in a cute but respectful way shaking her head as if she was a kid in her own monologue. “It’s who” she nodded and looked innocently back at him with a wide eyed grin just like a kid trying to convince someone that they are telling the truth. She smacked his pointing finger so it retreated back into its fist.

“Now… as I was saying… I am Taeyeon, your genie, assigned to grant you three wishes” she held up three fingers as she finished her sentence and scanned her companion, who was frozen with awe.

From the start, she could tell that maybe this mission would be fun for once. She never had the chance to have fun in her past missions. They were all boring. She yearned for difference, a fresh experience that can be unforgettable. She wanted to experiment with his stubbornness. She just circled the statue of Wooyoung calmly while inside she was bubbling with excitement.

As for Wooyoung, he just didn’t believe her as he found it as a prank, a lame joke, something his sister would set up on him like a blind date. His life was boring as it was. He was the heir to a large corporation who found it easy to get bored. He wanted something fresh, but this is not what he means, being bored easily he didn’t know what in life could make him stick to one undergraduate course or even stick to the same girlfriend. An extra shake of boredom had been added to the atmosphere because it is the holidays. The words “I am a loner” kept repeating in his mind. The greyed weather didn’t make his day any easier. The clouds dampened his spirit, not that he was any fun in the first place. He was a person who got bored too easily, maybe it was because of his spoilt upbringing in a wealthy family but despite that, when he had fun he was jovial. But something like being visited by a genie was not believable. He tried to laugh his situation off but his shaking fear and disbelief was definitely evident; the thought of magic existing in this world was creepy:

“Don’t try to fool me, fairies, pixies, elves, genies, Santa, unicorns and what not? How do they exist especially when Santa appears in more than one shopping centre at the same time?”

“Isn’t it obvious? Magic, of course!” the slightest bit of irritation tickled her nose. She snapped her fingers as a light sprinkle of magic dust fell on the carpet, smile not fading.

“Yeah right! I don’t believe you! Why is it me out of everyone?”

“Fine, don’t believe me then, it’s not like everyone gets chance to interact with a genie every-day. Have a guess how the world’s wealthiest people came into their status today?”

“Ha! I still don’t believe you, hey you know what, did you get out of bed in a mental state or did my sister set you up as one of those stupid dates since my parents want me to marry so desperately?”

“Ha!” she laughed at his stubbornness and sighed but thought that it was going to be fun,

“Prove it to me then!” he said in a defeated tone.

Taeyeon now said more confidently “Make a wish”

“IF, if you were true then I wish that my neighbour’s piano would break down in some way so that she can’t continue to play that off tune rubbish, her singing and playing is just horrible.”

Taeyeon cutely smiled at him, walked over to the window where they could see the neighbour’s room, slowly she allowed her smile to retreat as her charisma was about to surface. As Wooyoung approached her, she gestured to him that he should watch. Taeyeon ensured that Wooyoung was observing the scene. Then, with a click of her fingers, the neighbour who was playing on the piano in an off tune manner with a horrible singing accompanying it, had witnessed her grand piano crash down onto the ground with one of its legs snapped. Wooyoung clapped his hand to his mouth trying to cover his awe, and admiration as his neighbour completely jumped back and fell off her stool. As the piano landed on the ground on its hind, the two observers immediately blocked their ears as the horrible slam of piano keys was heard. Soon, the neighbour was running around as mad as a wild horse screaming, unaware that there were two audiences watching her. They laughed together at how humiliating it was.

He still could not bring himself to believe that a genie was in fact standing in front of him, convincing him that magic was real. Yet he could not believe at a higher level that he had just wasted one precious wish on his stubborn disbelief. Before he could request for more wishes, it was as if Taeyeon had used telepathy between them and said

“According to genie law, it is not allowed to request for more wishes, so don’t even bother, which means…” as she read his scrunched up pleading expression and holding back her laughter, “You,” she pointed directly at his nose making him go cross eyed. “Have just wasted one wish” she began mocking him and finding his reaction of disbelief cute as he felt to the ground dramatically grabbing at her leg. For some odd reason she felt light, inside a sense of warmth too from his cold vibes.

Wooyoung covered his face with his palms and dragged them down, as he sank into a position on his couch and began to sulk. Taeyeon allowed herself to be seated on the opposite couch awaiting for him to recover,

“So what did you really want?”

“I can’t think at all right now,” he silently growled.

“Ooh I have an idea!” Taeyeon gasped.

[few minutes later]

Two pairs of feet came in contact with the wall as they leaned their bodies upside down against it in a handstand position. Blood quickly rushed down towards their heads quenching its need for reviving. Throbbing began as if their pulse had flowed down with the blood.

“Are you sure this will work!” he questioned

“you need to stay in this position until you think of it understand?” Taeyeon commanded as she navigated herself towards the fridge.

“I still can’t think of my wish, coz my life is so boring!” suddenly he caught a glimpse of the family photo of his step sister which he had fallen in love with since he was little. After she had announced that she was engaged, he thought that his world would end in a click. From then on, he began to fool around and find his life boring. Then, it had hit him.

“I know what I want…”

“??? What? Then then tell me your wish!”

“I want her to fall in love with me” Wooyoung pointed directly at the family photograph after he recovered from his upside down position.

“but… isn’t she….”

“Just do your job…”at this, she snapped her fingers in a puzzled look.

In the next half an hour, Taeyeon had consumed half his box of ice-cream. Wooyoung was annoyed by how long the waiting process took. Taeyeon was just enjoying her time behind the counter chewing away at different flavours of deserts. However, she was still confused by what had caused him to choose her?

“She hates me!” he suddenly blurted

“Oh, right…shouldn’t take long, I say in about five, four, three, two… one” Taeyeon pretended not to hear him, avoiding her feelings that he just conducted telepathy with her.

At that, the doorbell rang,

Taeyeon grinned at him. Wooyoung could only flash her look of disbelief.

“Hi!!!” A couple sang in unison as soon as he opened the door.

“Oh annyeonghaseyo, what brings you here?”

“Sorry… we forgot about our planned trip….”his sister started

“well it was actually my fault, I forgot to…”

“well we both kind of forgot to check if Krystal’s passport and documents were valid and so… her visa”

“Expired a month ago”

“Would you mind taking care of her for a week or so???” she gave him a puppy look.

“I…well you’re always so forgetful… I don’t think I can say no to that face…”

“So that’s a yes?”

“Thank you, bro” his brother in law tapped him on the shoulder

“It’s alright”

“Well she’ll stick with you, right Krystal honey?”

“But I don’t like him” she folded her arms crakily.

“I’m sure you’ll like him better than any uncle.”

“Come on Krystal honey, when we come back, we’ll buy you a big present since you’re five years old.” Her daddy consoled her

“Really?” she brightened up her face.

“Oh Annyeonghaseyo,” Taeyeon stepped out from the kitchen with glasses that came out of nowhere”

“Oh hi, are you his girlfriend?”

“No, I just came to ask him for some help with these documents.”

“Hi my name is Tiffany, Wooyoung’s half-sister,”

“Hi I’m Taeyeon, colleague to your brother,”

“Hi I’m Junsu, Tiffany’s husband”

 “Would you mind to give a hand in caring for Krystal for the next few days?”

“oh hi little Krystal,”

“Hello, I like you, you’re prettier than all those previous ajhumma he hung around with” she pointed at Wooyoung

“Krystal..” her daddy warned.

“Sorry”

“Taeyeon noona will bring you around, don’t worry.” Taeyeon patted her on the head comfortingly.

“Well thanks for your help,”

“See you, have a nice trip!”

Taeyeon followed Wooyoung’s vision line as it trailed behind his sister’s footsteps.

“I guess I already know why you want her to fall in love with you, and why you are such a piece of waste to little Krystal.”

“Why then?”

“Simple,

1.       Because you love the mother that you’ll love the child

2.       Because she dislikes the amount of times you swap girlfriends, or maybe even the quality of them.”

“Try proving the second point,”

“Krystal, do you want some ice-cream?” Taeyeon quickly stole her attention.

“Yes, please” she eye smiled and clapped her hands together,

“But before I ask you what flavour, please answer my question… Do you like Wooyoung ajhussi’s girlfriends?”

“Absolutely not, they put on ten times more make up than mummy, also, they wear skirts that show too much of their legs.”

“Is that so???” Taeyeon turned to survey Wooyoung’s response.

“What?” he protested

“Nothing, just wanted to ask you what flavour do you want?”

***

Wooyoung and Taeyeon were in the living room with Krystal, after returning from a trip to the department store. Their mission now was to transform the living room into a child’s playground. Krystal was helping Taeyeon with inflating a giant toy snake. Suddenly Taeyeon had an idea,

“Hey Wooyoung ssi, Can you help me for a second? I think I’ve run out of breath”

Wooyoung paused his work on putting together the child’s playhouse and came around kneeling down

“So what do I do now?” he asked naively

“Simple, just hold onto it like this” He followed as she directed, but Taeyeon positioned the opening in front of Wooyoung’s eyes and squeezed some air into that direction

“Hey!!” the laughter was not only from Taeyeon, but Krystal had joined in and burst into a fit of giggles, clapping her hands at the expression that was on Wooyoung’s face.

“Ajhussi do it again!!!” she squealed.

 “Do I have to?” he moaned, but before an answer had returned, Taeyeon had already repeated the action allowing air to enter his eyes again. Krystal and Taeyeon could not stop laughing.

***

An hour later, they had finally completed assembling everything: cubby house, tea set and table, mini kitchen, mini band kit as well as karaoke area where you could record yourself singing on television.

“Amashing!” Krystal yelled as she bounced all around, indecisive about where to start first after giving Taeyeon and Wooyoung a thankful hug. Wooyoung just watched her, finding her extremely cute, as he slumped himself in the couch, wanting to sink into it and become part of it at that very moment. He found the work worth it.

“You know, this is the first time I’ve done this?” he asked Taeyeon to find no reply.

Taeyeon grabbed onto a helium balloon and bit into it, taking in some of the precious helium gas.

“Annyeong Krystal, Wooyoung ssi” she jumped in front of the television and waved, Krystal squealed at how amazing the voice change was

“I want to try, I want to try” Krystal jumped as Wooyoung bit into the balloon too,

“Annyeonghaseyo, So Nyeo Shi Dae, Taeyeon imnida!” he spoke in his high pitched helium voice.

“Hehe, Ajhussi thinks he is part of Soshi”

“Sowaneul marebwa!” Taeyeon yelled punching the air

“Krytal love Soshi!” the two girls linked hands and span around and continuing to bounce in the air. She breathed in some gas as wel

“Oh, oh, oh, oh oppareul saranghae” she twirled her finger around twisting her hair in the process.

“Krystal will call you oppa now” she pointed smiling at Wooyoung.

“Really?” he bounced up joining in the fun,

“but can you please tie up my hair, Krystal, uncomfortable, Krystal wants to be pretty like soshi”

Wooyoung sighed and couldn’t help himself but accept the request. He followed her in front of a mini mirror, that they had gotten earlier, she sat on the little stool and completely trusted Wooyoung’s skill. However Taeyeon had folded her arms and was watching, observing, waiting because she knew that he has not braided a girl’s hair before, she could only smile. He managed to tie it up in a very loose pony tail

“There, done” he said satisfied with himself, clapping his hands.

“That’s not how you do it! Mummy does it really pretty” she pouted her lips and folded her arms with a frown implanted across her face.

“Here, Krystal, let me do it.” Taeyeon took the comb off Wooyoung and began working her way with braiding the little angel’s hair. Wooyoung sat back and surprisingly, instead of gazing intently at the daughter of whom he loved, but at a genie who had a dazzling smile across her face whilst braiding a little girls hair. She was completely focused, her eyes, her smile, her cuteness, that had him unable to look away from her. He began to wonder if she was an angel instead of a genie.

“How does it look?” her voice had broken his thoughts

“Krystal look like a princess, it’s better than how mummy does it.” She clapped her hands and then spinning around to confirm her contentment with her newly found friend who could not braid hair. Wooyoung smiled

“Very pretty, like an angel.” He sighed still unable to take his attention off her, Taeyeon was smiling delightedly at him, but he was trying to disguise his feelings. But their day had not rested there.

“Who wants to play bubbles?” Taeyeon asked shaking the detergent filled kit.

“Don’t you ever get tired?”

***

The sun was beginning its return journey back down the sky, it sank with Taeyeon’s heart, her fun was going to end soon. His laugh, his smile, his cuteness, him was what had distracted Taeyeon today. They were now ready to run around trying to take photos of bubbles, but somehow, Taeyeon’s bubbles were not working, they just wouldn’t come out. Wooyoung walked over allowing his camera to hang around his neck, and held her hand and began blowing the bubble together with her from over her shoulder. At the touch of his hand, Taeyeon felt an electrifying shock run through her arm directly to her heart. She glimpsed at him from the corner of her eye and began to blow the bubble with him, sincerely hoping that she’ll succeed this time.

“How did you do that?” Krystal gasped as she pointed curious at the newly formed bubble in a love heart shape that had emerged from the hoop as Wooyoung let go of Taeyeon’s hand.

“Wow Daebak” as he quickly lifted his camera and took a shot of their new creation. Taeyeon began blowing bubbles into the air, lost in the beauty of the rainbows found inside them. Instead of taking snapshots of Krystal, he had filled his memory card with shots of a new beauty he had found with his heart.

Taeyeon was now in charge of the camera, unsurprisingly, she was mesmerised by his charm as he was playing and chasing Krystal around. Although they had only met for less than a day, she had found the feeling that they were a family, something she had always wanted to experience, the heartbeating experience where you think you’ve finally ‘lived’.

“The sun’s setting, Krystal, let’s pop all the bubbles and go inside.” Taeyeon said as she placed the camera down on the side leaving it with Krystal as they turned off the bubble making machine.

As Taeyeon and Wooyoung tried to pop the last, Krystal had managed to take a snapshot of something amazing. Taeyeon had jumped slightly into the air to pop it but was stopped abruptly as she realised that Wooyoung was in the process too, she lost her balance as she realised her failure and fell down pushing Wooyoung to the ground, they both fell. When they opened their eyes, their lips met. It seemed like time had frozen for a few hours, all that both of them could feel was their hearts pulsating at a speed they had not experienced before. Wooyoung was surprised at this feeling, he had not felt it even with Tiffany.

“Krystal did not see it!” she covered her eyes and ran inside with the camera, as Taeyeon and Wooyoung regained their senses and Taeyeon ran inside after Krystal in embarrassment, touching her lips

“I kissed him…” she gasped as she pucked her lips, it was sweet.

***

Wooyoung slowly walked back into the kitchen, leaning on the bench, still lost in his thoughts…

“Why does it seem like I’m going to have a heart attack?” he asked himself as he looked at his reflection. “I haven’t met a girl like her before” he smiled to himself thinking of that sweet sensation that now filled his hearts and lips.

Suddenly Taeyeon rushed in with Krystal,

“Sorry, it was an…”

“Accident, yeh don’t worry” avoiding eye contact.

“I’m hungry!” Krystal held her stomach breaking the awkwardness.

  Taeyeon and Wooyoung had rolled up their sleeves, broken into certain amounts of sweating but ended up burning their intended meal in the oven. Krystal was pretending that she had burnt her own meal in the toy kitchen as well. It was a disappointment but they had fun racing through preparation of the ingredients therefore, they had just done the usual of Wooyoung’s life and ordered take away. Everything was just fun. But every single time Taeyeon looked at the clock, her heart sank even more, her time was ending soon. She knew it, she had broken rules. Wooyoung was unaware that he was unintentionally allowing Taeyeon to fall in love with him, putting her in strife.

They continued their night, with karaoke, hide and seek and other fun games. It made them forget what had bothered their minds earlier, only in the fun of a child’s not resting to think of any consequences. With every minute the night dragged on, the more their love grew for each other. As Taeyeon put Krystal to bed after the long night, they had received a request for a lullaby. She whinged and pouted that her mother had always sung her a lullaby or at least a song before she went to bed.

They came to the resolution that they had to give in at the puppy dog face that Krystal was offering with those wide eyes. Taeyeon suddenly looked at Wooyoung, curious about something and was just about to ask, but once again it seemed like telepathy,

“Yes, I can, I’ll accompany you” Taeyeon could only gasp and be taken aback

“How did you…”

“I know you” as he led her outside of Krystal’s room and into the living room where the piano was. But something had caught her eye, it was the score sheet that was on top of the piano, that was for her to sing, she gasped

“This is a song that I’ve been looking for, I thought of it in my head this morning, you stole it! I composed it.” She joked

“What do you mean? I wrote this song long ago, but none of the girls could have the right feeling to it.” Taeyeon’s heart sank remembering his relationship with his step sister. ‘maybe only she can give him the right feeling’ she thought not realising that her disappointment began to show on her face.

“But I have a feeling, your voice would be just perfect for it” looking up at his sudden change of tone, Taeyeon saw a smile that she never thought would appear on his face. She watched intently as his fingers began the enchanting ensemble as her angelic song wrapped the atmosphere with a perfect harmony as krystal who was on the couch began to drift off as the piece progressed.

If I go, if I go closer to you
I wonder what you may think, I can’t drum up the courage

If you go, if you go away from me
It is scary to figure out how to let you go

Perhaps, the reason I only look at you, like a fool,
is for fear that you may turn your face away, and
you and I may drift further apart

Perhaps, the reason I can’t say ‘I love you’, like a fool,
is that I am afraid of the painful sad days of waiting after we meet.

If you come, if you come closer to me
I really don’t know what to do

Perhaps, the reason I only look at you, like a fool,
is for fear that you may turn your face away, and
you and I may drift further apart

Perhaps, the reason I can’t say ‘I love you’, like a fool,
is that I am afraid of the painful sad days of waiting after we meet.

Perhaps, the reason I can’t say ‘I love you’, like a fool,
is that I am afraid of the painful sad days of waiting after we meet.

****

One year later

Finally slamming his pen down to the table with a groan after spinning his pen almost a thousand revolutions. Her image drifted across his thoughts once again, for the nth time since four seasons ago. He would not forget the way her voice reached out to his heart, adding and expressing the exact emotions to the song he wished to hear one sing. He would not forget the way she silently accompanied him as he took his niece back to bed.- it was the first silence he had fallen  inlove with- an intricacy he was at the time unable to put his finger on. But today he realises, there was a sense of reluctance in the air, hesitation as the magical hour almost struck that he would never be able to see her again. He would always remember the way her smile reached almost ear to ear sometimes accompanying a laugh that loosened a knot in his heart. He would always remembered the last words she whispered to him which he could not accept that he had caught hold of as the second hand reached nearer and nearer the end.  

“I think we both understand the meaning of the song… I heard you singing it in my head this morning, but now…it’s me” he remembered how her eyes glistened as she closed her eyes, asking him to do the same. He watched how she reached up a little on her toes just before closing his eyes. As their lips met, he remembers till now the warmth, softness and sweetness of them.

“Thank you, Wooyoung ssi” he heard her breathe, then as he opened his eyes to catch hold of her, the coolness of the air attacked him, an emptiness he never felt before not even the years he had thought he had loved his so called sister.

But withdrawing himself from his thoughts, scrunching his newly written score, the sound of a gravely familiar piano tune caught his attention. He flicked away from his thoughts. Ran towards the window where the sound had come from. There he heard that angelic voice echoing from his neighbour’s house.

“Perhaps, the reason I only look at you, like a fool,” she continued with such smoothness voice flowing with the song as she her fingers glided across the keys. From his window, Wooyoung squinted, his neighbour (whom he had wished a year ago to stop singing and playing the piano) was standing next to the piano accompanying the player. As she finished the song. He caught sight of her profile, that smile, those eyes, those …

And he ran

[the end]

*********************************************

so thank you guys, please forgive me <3