Taecyoon: Learning about love@ Tell Me Your Wish

Tell Me Your Wish- 9pm oneshot collection

Whoosh… the candles blew out in the vent of air that had been made to blow out the candles of the birthday cake. He sought acknowledgment, he sought love, and he sought someone who would care for him again. He sought someone to be with him on this special day. It was the most lonely he could feel. Another birthday had passed. This year the loneliness he felt had multiplied and it weighed up against his breathing. He could feel it pressing against his chest. He wanted something to be somewhat different for once. This time his friends had been away for camping trip, only leaving him behind… sick with influenza haunting him. He thought of his dull life as a medical student who did nothing but spent time in the laboratory even though it was Boxing Day just two days after Christmas. But he could not feel the warm winter wonderland atmosphere everyone else had felt.

Why did he have to be burdened by disease whenever it came to a fun trip with friends, to be able to experience the strong bonds with your true mates?  Taecyeon finally looked up as he felt the slightest tingle at the back of his neck to find an unexpected presence.

She just sat there feeling as always, welcomed into the warm but lonely filled abode. She sensed his loneliness; it built up on her conscience, as she had quickly scanned at his appearance but she ignored it thinking it was the same as the other missions she had to complete. It took him long enough that there was something almost magical about her.

He just could not ignore her anymore with the accumulating curiosity in how this angelic beauty had ended up somewhere like his apartment. His automatic sense had responded straight away…

“Who are you?” He asked simply but in a friendly tone.

“I am your genie!” she replied in an as-a-matter-of-factly tone. He could only widen his eyes as he stared into those crystal clear eyes. The storybooks, the fairy tales that he had almost despised due their abstractness from his point of view, had entirely ruined his belief in something as miraculous as this to be happening to him. She just shook her head and continued as her role had scripted her to be.

“I was assigned to grant you three wishes that you have to think about at the bottom of your heart.”

“But… are you one of the patients that had escaped from the psychiatric department? Because I have no faith in magic or whatever you are saying, unless you prove it to me…”

She thought for a moment and replied:

“That’s part of our job, but really you have to be sincere in order for your wish to come true.”

He slowly lifted and bowed his head in a nodding sensation.

Why would he believe someone that happened to just appear in front of him, at his dormitory room and claim to be a being to consist of magical partners? But something about her eyes told him that she was sincere and at the slightest bit a creature that can be able to lie. He gazed softly into the greenery, into the distance where he thought deeply. His losses were too great to handle but an opportunity stood in front of him. The shower that the sky had released just now had renewed the livelihood of the scenery. It was fresh; he could smell maybe a new start in life. What did he actually want? How will he spend his three wishes? The diamond like raindrops on the leaves showed the new atmosphere it was creating he had to admit that it was somewhat magical.

“Since I really don’t feel well and there is no scientific evidence of what you are saying, I want you to prove to me… the magic. I wish I can visit lotte world right now without the burden of sickness, my flu, and that you would be come with me.”

That wish was simple enough, but never had Yoona accepted a wish which had involved her coming into direct interaction with these non-magical beings. He hadn’t asked for materialistic items such as wealth but something more touching beyond the meaning that she saw in life. She merely shone a smile upon him showcasing her care and gentleness. She silently took his hand and asked him to close his eyes.

To his surprise Taecyeon found himself inside the theme park in Korea, the next minute. He released the enchanting grip with the wordless angel now with belief dawning on him. He ignored the spark that he had felt inside him that made his heart flutter. The touch between their hands was so breathtaking, but Yoona continued her job, ignoring the fact that her heart was racing with time. She was confused about the sudden introduction to a bubbly feeling she had never encountered before. She watched as the person which she had granted the wish upon, daze at his surroundings. It was as if through that connection, they made a bond with understanding.

“Is this what fun actually looks like?” Taecyeon asked dumbfounded, absorbing the information of the surrounding environment filled with happiness, fun and loving couples. He had always been locked in his own dungeons of education to drown the pain which was experienced through the loss of the family he once had.

“What are you waiting for?” He asked his partner excitedly forgetting his position. Never once had he been out to a place as crowded as this not even with his family or friends, let alone be out with a girl. He instinctively grabbed Yoona’s hand and led her towards the teacups. He enjoyed every moment he spent with her as he watched how amazed she was at how fun could relieve any sort of pain. She laughed at his attempts in cracking jokes. He smiled at her innocence. Both did not realise what they had growing in them from the seedling of love that was implanted in each other ever since he made his first wish. They shared ice-cream together as they both wondered if this new feeling they had inside of them was just their imagination. It was comfort they brought for each other.

They slowly came towards the ice-skating rink. In multiple attempts to remember how to skate, Taecyeon finally remembered the time when he had earned love, received it, radiated from it. That same feeling relived in him as he taught Yoona how to skate on the ice, he felt that tingle of achievement and excitement in him. He took her by her hand and walked on the ice. Yoona desperately attempted to decline his invitations to the ice. She did not want to fall, be embarrassed, to attempt something as unmagical as this ice-skating business but her heart melted as if chocolate came in contact with a warm stove when she saw his pleading smile. The spell of love was unconsciously cast upon her. As she finally mustered up the courage to endeavour the challenge of walking let alone skating on the ice as elegant as a ballerina. She never felt so carefree even when she was flying, as she trailed behind him trying to keep up with his movements. As she finally let go of his hand, she bent her knees trying to turn around the bend, except with an unbalanced equation of clumsiness, coincidence and fate, she lost her balance and slipped.

At that very moment, a strong pair of arms had wrapped around her waist preventing her from landing on the harsh icy ground of the ice-rink. She realised that she had fallen into the strong but gentle grip of a pair of arms that gave her security. As they looked into each other’s eyes, she could feel the tingling feeling in her toes and the heat that was threatening to bubble at her cheeks. Taecyeon quickly lifted her up from her awkward position. Although the stare was only a few seconds, it was intense. It showed the definite strike of love between the set of vision the two had. She looked away abruptly staring into the distance as she returned her stance. Her feet were gliding away from him on the ice at its own accord. Taecyeon quickly chased up to her and gently placed a hand on her arm, signalling for her to stop. She was looking away to conceal her embarrassed face but her ears were definitely listening to him. His apology was just one word but it seemed to be a tune of sincerity to her ears, as he watched a hand lay out in front of her with the owner gliding in front of her for her attention, she glimpsed into his eyes once again feeling that heat rising to her cheeks. Avoiding his gaze, she once again listened to his invite.

“May I?” He reached out his hand. Yoona hesitated for a few seconds unsure if she could do this. She tried listening to the music transition in the background trying to feel the rhythm, it did not really match her style. She nodded and signalled him to wait another few seconds as the music changed into the song ‘How great is your love’ by Girls’ Generation.

Slowly they linked hands as they allowed the music to bring them to the enchantment of the ice-rink. They avoided the gazes of the audience and skaters around them. Everyone was bewildered at the sight of how the couple seemed to illuminate the whole rink with their passion.  They glided together as if they were professionals, sliding along the frosted ice, ignoring the cheers and awe that had risen in the crowd. They had let out a loving aura. Intensely staring into each other’s eyes, they allowed every trust they had in them to believe in the other. They relied on each other, had faith in each other and showered love on each other. Being fully synchronised on the last landing as he lifted her off the ground, twirling her around in an embrace with her feet off the ground, he placed her back on the ice as she allowed him to twist her into the position which he had caught her earlier on the ice-rink. The scene was beyond enchantment and magical spells. They were in their own world of love without realising it. They had only ended their gaze at the echoing round of applause in the ice rink. Yoona and Taecyeon smiled at each other, skating off the rink bowing slightly, as they passed the crowd slightly amazed at what they had done a few moments ago.

Reaching the Ferris wheel, they laughed and breathed heavily after racing each other through the stalls and winning prizes from various levels of effort put into ring tossing, basketball hoops etc. Both were now carrying a teddy bear key chain carrying a heart after giving away their prizes to passing couples. They climbed onto the carriage, rising to the beautiful view. It would instantly take your breath away with the night city lights of Seoul. Silence once again filled them, but Yoona was curious if he had realised the meaning of happiness in life. She asked him sincerely with her innocent eyes, still not understanding those calmed waves inside her when she was with him,

“So do you think you feel less lonely today?”

“I guess you took away my pain for missing the trip with my friends and I think I learnt something new… I never expected…” he trailed off as he stared into her eyes.

“What is it?” she asked in her gentle tone.

“You’ll find out… soon”

“What is your second wish then? Because there isn’t much time left of today,” he dropped himself into the well of thoughts until he reached for her hand, she was opposite him, he held both her hands in his, looking sincerely into her eyes as they paused at the peak of the Ferris wheel.

“I wish that you could learn the love you have for me” he gently placed her hand on his chest.

“It’s this feeling I get when I see you smile, when we have fun together, the time freezes, the heartbeat that does not stop gathering speed, will you please find that feeling in you for me?”

Yoona was confused at his speech until he had showed her. She felt her heart skip a beat. She needed to breathe smoothly, but it seemed difficult for her to achieve. She felt that very same feeling when she looked at him in the eyes, exactly how he had explained it. Instead of immediately hugging him, she shone him with her smile mixed with a confused expression. She showed her melody of truth,

“First, you will have to learn that I cannot stay forever, our journey together ends today, and if a genie admits to her feelings that they have fallen in love, it is their downfall…but…” she paused and took a deep breath.

“Will you please allow me to admit to these feelings?”

Taecyeon widened his eyes in disbelief as he felt those chilling tears come in contact with his skin, she likes me? But wait… she’ll disappear but she’s willing? I must be too selfish he whispered. He looked deeply into her eyes; they leaned in, gradually allowing their eyelids to cover their vision, their lips met. He attempted to memorise this feeling, somehow knowing that the end of the day was creeping in upon them. He felt a rather warm tear came in contact with the edge of his lips, however it was not his. The tear soon disintegrated into sparkles as they parted.

A genie’s first tear could be the most rare and most treasured magical object greater than any potion. But the powers of that very tear coming from Yoona’s eyes as they parted and smiled at each other, were still unknown for now as Yoona had never gifted someone with her own tears. Warmth built in her heart, as the newly discovered feeling overpowered her mind, over her duty.

As they reached the ground, Yoona opened her hand for his permission; they linked arms once again this time acknowledging the presence of light-hearted feeling.

“One last stop before we let the clock strike twelve and I have to leave… maybe forever.” Yoona said almost inaudibly as she led them towards the carousel. With only just over half an hour left of their time together, the countdown was a definitely dreaded, but the confession was not regretted by the slightest bit.

They entered, going on for three consecutive rounds, first with Taecyeon leading his princess in her carriage on his white horse. He always felt that merry-go-rounds weren’t for boys therefore; he had missed the offer that his parents had given him to go on the ride. Now he regretted it, as it was the last time ever that he had a chance to ride with together as a complete family. But now, the regret was overcome by a new born type of love, bringing happiness along with it. They then rode once with Taecyeon and Yoona riding on a horse each linking hands as they went around, not minding the children who had started to climb under their linked arms, as they commented to their parents,

“Umma, Appa look, it’s a real prince and princess.”

Taecyeon and Yoona laughed finally realising the additional accessories they had on their head, the crown and tiara they had won on their way to the carousel. If you were a passer-by you would have to admit that they look like a fairy-tale couple who would live happily-ever-after on the very last page. Finally, they decided on their last ride as the children left the carousel to finally feeling tired; Taecyeon and Yoona recreated the scene on the last page of the fairy-tale story with the prince and princess riding away after their wedding on their carriage. Yoona rested her head on Taecyeon’s shoulder. She felt the happiest moment of her genie career, desperately wishing this moment could last an eternity knowing how impossible it was.

As the last ride began, Yoona starts saying some precious words

“As a genie, I always hold the belief that a carousel would always have to end up in the same initial point no matter how many rounds it goes. It’s just the same as the concept that a genie is with you one day and the next it seems like they never appeared no matter what wish you make, it will come to the same point. But there may be encounters that may be recurring… you just never know…” she trailed off as they both realised the slowing down of the carousel. He tightened his grip around his waist, not wanting to lose this one-day love.

“Taecyeon ah, I think I’ll take you somewhere special before I leave so you can tell me your last wish… somewhere quiet. So just close your eyes and trust me, think about me…”

All he felt was a warm but light sensation as if they had just taken flight in the sky and then the breeze returned him to open his eyes.  He looked around absorbing the surroundings, he looked below, all he could see were leaves, branches, wrapped in fairy lights, below that were the still lively amusement park bustling couples and crowds although midnight was approaching, silently. He finally looked up tracing the feeling of the linkage of hands with Yoona; he looked into her eyes and smiled.

“Are you scared Taecyeon?”

“Not at the slightest, not when you are with me.” Yoona remained silent holding the sinking feeling inside that she may not have the chance to see this world again, to experience this love again, and to feel his gentleness when holding hands again.

“Before I make my last wish” he began as he sensed her deep thought, how she did not want to let go. “I have a few words… Thank you sincerely, for making me feel love in a different way again, thank you for filling in my loneliness that I had when my friends were out on my birthday, thank you for your existence and thank you for sacrificing and admitting this love for me…”

They both sighed together, feeling the tears gathering in the eyes, Yoona felt an empty feeling in her head, beginning to feel light, losing her weight and gaining abstractness as the clock motioned five minutes left until midnight.

“So my last wish is that although you may leave, I may sound greedy but I sincerely hope you leave me something to memorise this love forever” she smiled and nodded, performing her last task as a genie, using almost all of the remainder of her magic, draining it. She reached her hand behind her back and pulled out a gold box, inside containing something more than just any ordinary perfume.

“I hope this will give you the strength to live on… with love, this is the essence of my love for you, the fragrance is how I felt when you gave me your love, I hope this will surround you and create your scent for the rest of your life… so you can remember me… thanking you for teaching me what love is… as a genie, I honestly didn’t think this day would come for me… but it was worth it…” they embraced each other closing their eyes for their final moments together, experiencing their feeling love.

“Let us say goodbye,” Yoona whispered as she mustered all her strength and courage to fight her will to break the hug as the clock ticked closer to one minute left. She ignored the Taecyeon who had allowed his tears to run free, shaking his head.

“Please, Taecyeon… I love you… but its goodbye”

“I love you too…” He finally said “I sincerely hope this is not our last goodbye. Goodbye my love”

With half a minute left. Yoona asked him

“That’s all I wanted to hear, now just hold my hand, close your eyes and jump on the count of three…” he nodded, as he felt himself tighten his grip around her now weakened hand, he closed his eyes, left the branch.

It seemed like centuries before he felt the solid ground under his feet.  He looked down at his hand as he felt a tingle, and then emptiness, as her presence faded. She was not there anymore… she had left him… alone once again… not loved… not cherished...empty. Several emotions speared at his heart. All he could do was weep in his spot under that magical tree dressed in a scarf of fairy-lights. In the background, fireworks showcased their ensemble in the air with loud pops with a tingle of magic.

[One year later]

He had left his friends with their girlfriends at the stalls going crazy waiting for the fireworks as the clock neared twelve. His feet brought him under the very same tree he was up in exactly a year ago. As he approached it, his vision had showed his heart some excitement; his heart skipped a beat as he laid his eyes upon a familiar feminine figure. It was the same figure as her… Taecyeon could hardly breathe, as he felt a tingle on a special place on the corner of his lips where once a magical tear had dropped. Other than that, the way he was feeling was close to indescribable.

 The figurine turned towards the sound of the footsteps knowing an extra presence before her. As her eyes followed up to his face, she gave him a warm smile. She did not know why, but she felt a sense of familiar warmth once she saw him, although his expression was unreadable, she felt a sense of protection and friendly connection with this guy, although she could have sworn she has not seen him before in her life. She did not know why but she led herself under this tree as if instinctively, as she felt midnight about to strike. She ignored the fact that the fireworks that she had partially hoped to watch were going to perform its dance in the air in just a few seconds. The atmosphere could almost be described as magical. She slowly stepped up to him as he finally made the move to come closer to her as he straightened his face a little.

They were her eyes; definitely, he smiled as he saw her walking closer to him somehow telling him that she had felt something too, not unfamiliar somehow.

“Do I know you?” She asked politely with the same voice of his genie a year ago.

“No, but can you please grant my second wish again?”

Yoona was confused but breathed out a slight laugh, finding a stranger so amusing.

“I granted your wish before? How? When? But what was it first?” She asked shyly but couldn’t hide her curiosity and confusion in her turn

“I wish that you could learn the love you have for me again” as he wrapped a gentle embrace upon her. The girl was stone still, finding this stranger weird, but something at the back of her mind told her this was not the first time this happened. The scent he was wearing gave her a sense of comfort and familiarity.

She could not react until Taecyeon released the embrace, she wanted to run away but her legs seemed to have sunk into the snow.

“Sorry, it’s just that you look too much like a girl that I loved and still do” Taecyeon said in a flustered manner immediately bowing. She saw his sincerity in some way that he was not trying to take advantage of her.

“It’s alright; I’m Yoona by the way,”

“You even have the same name” Taecyeon said under his breath

“Did you say something?”

“Oh, no I’m Ok Taecyeon.” He held out his hand politely

“Well, is it too rude of me to tell me of this girl you still cannot forget, this powerful love story?” Yoona asked brightly filled with curiosity, soon they chatted into the night with the fireworks exploding in the sky, ignoring the fact that it was getting late.

Even to the start of their new love story, none of them realised that it was the tear that was imprinted in Taecyeon’s skin that had brought so much power to allow Yoona to relive as a human, without powers, without the magical memory. But to Taecyeon, it meant a second chance to teach Yoona, love, properly. But in the end Yoona’s wise words were correct; somehow these two lovers had to make Yoona learn love for Taecyeon again, they once again picked up from the same point at midnight, under the parting place of their last meeting.  You can call it fate, You can call it magic You can call it a wish of Love.

**********************************************************************************************************

Author's note:

Hey readers, Thank You to those who have subscribed, here is my first one shot featuring Taecyoon.

Stay tuned for more couples. I'll Update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support and patience, sorry about the wait

P.S. sorry, rushed the posters again