Misunderstood

Stringed Along

Junhong didn't know if it was just him and his imagination(wished it was his imagination) but Youngjae seemed to be keeping a closer eye on him than usual. The elder stared whenever he was nearby and seemed like he wanted to say something but kept his silence(which just bothered the younger male even more).

Junhong felt the elder's eyes on him wherever he went and he wasn't so sure he liked it. He felt like a culprit as he tried his best to act normally around the store. Even Jongup tried to confront Youngjae, asking if everything was okay but only earned a small glance with a muttered "sure" from the elder before he turned his narrowed eyes back to Junhong once more.

 It wasn't until he was done with his shift that he felt safe enough to let his guard down as he changed out of his uniform. He didn't know why being around Youngjae unnerved him so much (and he wished it didn't because who likes being uncomfortable?) but it did. Between the (pretty) catlike eyes, the small (yet again pretty) face, and the intimidating aura, Junhong didn't know which unnerved him the most. 

"What were you doing after work last night?" A voice asked from behind him, making him jump and put his arm through the wrong hole of his shirt (damn it not again). The younger turned to the source of the voice, struggling to pull a long arm out of the neck of his shirt and get his head out somewhere but then gradually gave up with a muttered ''.

The elder watched with a raised eyebrow as the younger male panicked in front of him; not sure if he should be amused or be sorry as Junhong slowly gave all hope up and stood there with his head stuck inside his shirt and a gangly arm sticking out of the hole where his head was supposed to be. It looked absurd and reminded Youngjae very much of an awkward looking tree his grandmother has in her garden (the ridiculously tall one with long gangly branches hanging off the sides that seemed to be in great need of watering). Regardless of the long limbs, grace simply wasn't a word to be associated with Junhong overall.

With a sigh, Youngjae started forward; hesitating for a second when the younger male flinched but then continued to reach a helping hand (how helpless is this kid?).

Once his head was out, Junhong muttered a 'thank you' and very much wanted to leave if it wasn't for the elder male blocking his escape route. He may be taller but Youngjae with his cat-like eyes and raised eyebrow was all it had to take for Junhong to flush red and avert his attention to anything but the elder (wasn't that such a nice shade of brown on the wall). Their faces were merely inches apart-- like kissing distance-- that Junhong could just count Youngjae's(very long--very pretty) eyelashes if he put his mind to it. But his brain wasn't functioning well on overdrive(never did around the elder) and he simply settled with wishing the wall could swallow him as he tried to sink the farthest he could into it.

"Uh--" Junhong started but was interupted(more like saved) when the door swung open, revealing a now stunned Jongup(okay, maybe he had to rethink that being saved thought). His eyes wandered from Youngjae to Junhong back and forth(and both Junhong and Youngjae just stared as the wheels started turning in Jongup's head; coming up with who knows what conclusions in his head) before hurriedly grabbing his jacket and belongings(not bothering to change at all), bidding goodbye and walking out the door.

Junhong's eyes never left the door even after Jongup disappeared and Youngjae pulled away, finally changing out of his uniform as if Jongup didn't just walk in on them and misunderstood their situation.

By the time Junhong returned to reality, Youngjae was already leaning against his locker, simply watching the younger male get himself back together. He can't just let him go like that, what if he was dealing drugs? Or was being forced to do so? Why else would he be in that dark alley so late at night? He's too young to be throwing his life away like this! If Youngjae had to pry it out of the younger male he would, but that probably wouldn't work so well since the younger was already frightened of him. So he stood there staring as he waited the younger out.

"What were you doing in that al--" Youngjae started to ask only to be interupted by a purring noise. He stopped, surprised by the sudden sound then turned to the storage room where the now little meowing sounds came from before looking back to the horrified looking Junhong.

"I-I can..." the younger stuttered, "I can explain," he started but the elder was already making its way to the storage room.

"Please don't tell uncle," Junhong begged as he followed the elder to the storage room. Youngjae ignored the younger male as he walked right in only to be greeted by 3 pairs of eyes staring up at him.

He stood there for a minute, staring back before he was brought back by a mockingly sweet "meow" by one of the small kittens.

Without another word, Youngjae turned to the panicking male beside him before heading to grab his bag and walking out of the room, leaving the younger male staring at the door the elder left open on his way out.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Yet another short update!😑😑I've been trying to write but nothing's coming to me! I don't think this fic is going to be that long but hopefully its as acceptable as I think it is in my head omg.  Anyways I hope you enjoyed this~♥♥

-onewdub