Everywhere

Stringed Along

"This is my nephew, Junhong and he will be working here with you guys from now on," Youngjae's employer introduced the awkwardly tall teen to him and Jongup.

"Nice to meet you. Please take care of me," the teen greeted monotonously with a deep bow. The boy can't even look at them properly without cowering. It bothered Youngjae but he kept his silence, leaving Jongup to take care of the flustered teen. He had other things to take care of (which unfortunately included the flirting couple waiting by the counter) and having a new employee wouldn't affect him or his work either way.

That was three weeks ago when Youngjae still didn't mind the new guy(when he definitely thought that having the younger male around was none of his business) and thought that he couldn't be bothered by the awkward newbie. Three weeks before he discovered how much he underestimated someone and regretted doing so because Choi Junhong with his very long and very clumsy hands and legs(Youngjae never thought cleaning or simply mopping the floors could be so hazardous) brought him nothing but more work to do and longer (unpaid at that) hours. It seemed that life hated him and there's a possibility that his boss is also harbouring deep hatred towards him.

"You're responsible for him, so take good care of him," his boss had said a week ago with his loud and hearty laugh (and Youngjae kind of wanted to choke him if it wasn't for the fact that he's providing the job that feeds Youngjae three meals a day) as he patted Junhong's shoulder with big loud thumps. The teen simply swallowed his whimpers (and Youngjae kind of felt bad because damn that "pat" must have hurt) and never once lifted his gaze to meet Youngjae's calculating look.

"Why not Jongup?" he carefully asked, scratching the back of his head as he turned his gaze to his boss.

"You brought Jongup in, so you already know what to do," the man shrugged "I put my trust in you Yougjae-ah!" He continued, this time patting Youngjae's shoulder before turning to leave (but not without his somehow mocking laugh that made Youngjae want to commit a very serious crime). 

Youngjae let out a groan and turned to Jongup who smiled apologetically at him with a murmured "sorry, hyung," and Youngjae didn't know why he couldn't even be remotely pissed at the younger male(damn that sad look he gives that makes him look like a kicked puppy) so he just gives a simple 'hm' along with a small nod of acknowledgement.

He then turned to the cowering newbie, taking a step forward so that he was a step or two away from the younger.

"You can start with putting the beer in the fridge over there," he started, pointing over to a box beside the fridge. The younger only nodded his head, his eyes following the direction Youngjae pointed towards(and Youngjae tried his hardest not to get bugged by the fact that the younger never raises his head to look at him).

"Then I'll teach you how to use the cash register," he continued, a frown unconsciously creasing his forehead as the younger male turned his gaze back to the floor as if it was the most interesting thing in the room.

"You can-- will you lift your head, damn it," he snapped and the younger flinched before finally lifting his cautious gaze to look at him(and Youngjae tried to ignore the slight hints of fear and anxiety in them because he can't be that scary right?). He stared with a frown still on his face, making the younger cower back down and avoid his intense stare.

"Sorry," Junhong muttered and it was really bothering Youngjae but he let it pass with a sigh.

"There's nothing to be sorry for," he muttered through gritted teeth (guilt slowly building up in him), "ask me or Jongup if you need any help and have any questions," Youngjae finished before dismissing the younger off to his first task.

Was he really that scary? Well, damn it the kid couldn't even look him in the eye. But Youngjae couldn't help but be bugged by the younger's lack of confidence; cowering at every single thing anyone says to him.

"I think you scared him, hyung," he heard Jongup say when he reached the counter. Youngjae scoffed, turning away from the younger male who was now staring at him in amusement because Yoo Youngjae was sulking (even though he would never dare say it out loud). 

By the end of their shift, Youngjae could only sigh in relief for avoiding any accident going on. Junhong was still a bit wobbly and clumsy but was being more cautious under Youngjae's close(not to mentions terrifying) supervision. 

Youngjae was just exhausted by the end of it all and unconsciously patted the younger in the back for improving as he passed by the tall male.

"I'll go ahead now," he announced to Jongup who gave him a small wave and a smile from the counter. The younger worked longer hours for a couple weeks now to save up for a pair of shoes he has his eyes on. He could simply ask his parents to buy it for him (and they would immediately do so) but knowing Jongup, he would definitely keep it to himself and work for it. Youngjae could already hear the younger saying things like "It would have more meaning if I worked hard for it" or something along those lines.

Despite working later during Fridays, he loved nights like these the best. It gives him the peace and the quiet; allows him the privillage of being away from the chaos and the noise buzzing around him. 

He crossed the street in front of his apartment building and was distracted by a small sound from the alley beside the building. He frowned and walked over, hearing rustling sounds, a hiss and a muttered 'ow!' as he stepped closer. However, right before he could peak around the corner, a hooded tall figure came running out of the alley, catching him by surprise and all he could do was watch as the familiar silhouette of hunched shoulders turn into the corner of his block.

He then turned back to the alley only to find an empty box. 

"What the hell," he muttered with an intrigued frown. Looking over to where the boy dissappeared off to earlier as if he would come back.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

First chapter!!! Long time no update guys! I missed this. Anyways this is the Younglo fic! I hope you enjoy it^^  I now Youngjae seems a bit meh but bear with me!

-onewdub